Did Barkley stay to avoid the Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Barkley stay to avoid the Dolphins?

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
You have to imagine that he knows that many projections had him going to Miami. Makes you wonder if he stayed rather than come here... hmmm.

Instead of pulling an Elway or Eli maybe he just decide another year at USC is better off than being with this franchise. Just food for thought.

Or maybe he didn't want to play for the skins who at this moment are selecting ahead of us. Either way I seriously doubt it's either

Highly doubt it. The Dolphins are currently sitting at #9, and Barkley was expected to go top 5. If he was avoiding a team, it is more likely he would try and avoid Cleveland and Washington rather than Miami.

I highly doubt it. I just think he wants to go back to the Pac-12, where USC should be a heavy favorite coming out.

Same move that Luck pulled.

Highly doubt it. The Dolphins are currently sitting at #9, and Barkley was expected to go top 5. If he was avoiding a team, it is more likely he would try and avoid Cleveland and Washington rather than Miami.
I'm such he'd much rather settle for Miami than there.....

Useless thread. Boy do some of you have an inferiority complex

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

with all due respect man, your reaching here imo. i highly doubt that when matt barkley made his decision to go back to usc for one more year, his mindset was he did so due to the fact that he did not want to go to the miami dolphins, who currently are slated to draft 8th i believe, and can possibly be lower.

here is the bottom line. these top tier players know that when they enter the draft, considering how good they are, they will be drafted early on, in the top 5.

the teams that draft that early are usually teams that have many issues.

i dont know what players think, but if i were a player, compared to all the other teams drafting top 10, miami would prob be my first choice. i rather play in miami than jacksonville, cleveland,st louis, washington, etc.

i dont think he was thinking that deep and dodging the fins, when in all likelihood we were not going to get him anyways.

Food for thought?

This is really reaching. Who knows why he truly did, but there is no evidence anywhere to indicate it had to do with Miami

You have to imagine that he knows that many projections had him going to Miami. Makes you wonder if he stayed rather than come here... hmmm.

Instead of pulling an Elway or Eli maybe he just decide another year at USC is better off than being with this franchise. Just food for thought.

Ummmm, maybe it was more like Cleveland, Washington, or Jacksonville. He knows he won't be the first QB taken, so why not stay another year, pad your stats and possibly go #1 next year. If he has another year like this year, he will be a strong candidate for top QB next year, plus USC is eligible for a BCS bowl game next year and maybe the chance at a national title is alluring to him.

Why do so many people assume no one wants to play for the Phins. This is ridiculous, these are young kids coming out of college about to make millions of dollars, I think many of them are just happy to be drafted into the NFL and to say they are trying to dictate where they are going to play is just plain stupid. It has happened to my knowledge twice in what, 75 years! There is no anti-Phin conspiracy

And how the hell would he have any idea of where he was going to be drafted. So far I have seen 1 person predict Miami, if it were that easy to predict you wouldn't be able to bet on it in Vegas!

sorry Matt, but that's just dumb to even consider. Fact is before he exploded this year nobody thought he would leave, and he even said, he is ready to go pro but he wants to win the national title.

lol I'm pretty sure his decision was just based on the fact that next year USC will have a chance to go after a National Title and/or Conference Title. I'm pretty sure the Dolphins never came up when he was thinking of the pros/cons of going pro.

Back
Top Bottom