Did the Fishing Tournament happen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Fishing Tournament happen?

FinHeavenAJ said:
I talked to the guy I was working with during the event. He apologized to me hundreds of times, but I told him in the end I have a few pissed off friends.

Here is his email back to me:

If you guys want, I can give him your phone number... up to you.

I don't know what to really tell you otherwise. As far as I knew, everything was lined up and ready to go. The names were faxed. I even called to make sure everything was received.

Let me know what I can do to repay you...

Sincerely,
AJ

Don't give him my number, please.....after reading what he sent to you, I'm not interested listening to anything else he has to say.

I'm not out anything AJ so, you owe me nothing. :)

AJ:
I agree with Infinsible. Don't give him our number. I don't know their structure, his role and authority, etc. So it is hard to determine how to prevent this from happening and who is to blame.

The issue is not the cancellation,crap happens. What is not clear is if anyone knew in time to warn us prior to going over? If it was this guy why did he not tell you? If it was you, why did you not tell us?

No one is really mad at you AJ. We love this site and we are some of your biggest fans. There are more important things in life than this, like Dolphin football!!!

You owe me nothing except your continued good work on this site.

fin-atic said:
AJ:
The issue is not the cancellation,crap happens. What is not clear is if anyone knew in time to warn us prior to going over? If it was this guy why did he not tell you? If it was you, why did you not tell us?
I agree with Ozzy and Fin, if this guy was in charge then why the hell was he not at the Tournament and also not tell you that we had no boat, and also as I have a vested interest in it, what happened to the banner that was to be setup, was it setup, did it ever get there or did it never get made?

inFINSible said:
Don't give him my number, please.....after reading what he sent to you, I'm not interested listening to anything else he has to say.

I'm not out anything AJ so, you owe me nothing. :)

I'll take a sleeveless Tee on InFins behalf. XL. :D

The banner was displayed at the event... at least according to Jay. He's going to UPS it back to me... and I'll take a picture.

As for Den - you did receive the original sleevless t... right? I distinctly recall mailing it out to you, please let me know.

Matt - The last I was informed was on Thursday night, that conversation basically said what Jay said... they had two people that were going to help us with the event. Had I known earlier... I would have called you.

Yes AJ I got my shirt and I must say I look quite dashing in it. :D

FinHeavenAJ said:
The banner was displayed at the event... at least according to Jay. He's going to UPS it back to me... and I'll take a picture.

As for Den - you did receive the original sleevless t... right? I distinctly recall mailing it out to you, please let me know.

Matt - The last I was informed was on Thursday night, that conversation basically said what Jay said... they had two people that were going to help us with the event. Had I known earlier... I would have called you.

Like I said AJ no one is mad, but I hope you can understand that I feel a little put out. Like I said stuff happens. That is why I made the poem up, to keep it light.

I think as this site grows and special events are going to be a part of it, they have to be done well. I do not want to see the momentum that has started here to be diminished because of things like this.

Back
Top Bottom