Did we hit our ceiling last year? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did we hit our ceiling last year?

Anyone who's saying McDaniel is holding the QB back is a blind joker.

McDaniel has put on a clinic on how to construct an offense to get the most out of a limited QB.

Yes he could have devoted to the run more, that's a fair criticism.

But the motion and choreography of the offense is all in place because of Tua's limited ability to create off script or take a hit.

He has to hit the top of his drop and be a spot thrower.

That's why you get the "he can't get to his 2nd read" nonsense.

It's actually that he can't get to his 2nd landmark because by the time he realizes his first is occupied he's a statue and sacked or pressing.

It's why Roquan Smith said "we have tells". What he means is, we studied enough to know the landmarks.

The Ravens were not even covering a zone or a man over the middle, they were covering spots.

This issue is not going to magically dissappear by signing a JAG TE. It's only going to get more glaring unless we FINALLY commit to being a run team first.

Consider yourselves educated now...

Last edited:
I get it. FA hasn't started and I pray we'll find equal or above average replacements for the guys we're about to lose but we're broke lol

Our OL might be worse, our defense most likely will be a lot worse.. so it all hangs on Tua's performance. Can he lead this team bc we're gonna need to depend on him a lot next year

So many questions and I'm scared we're going to be downgrading a lot of positions

Who plays center? Williams gone
Who plays guard? Hunt gone
Who's our number 2 corner? (say what you want about X but behind him, there isn't much) - X gone
Baker was wack but did you see Riley start?! Atrocious - Baker gone
Who the hell will be rushing the QB to start the season? AVG gone, Phillips and Chubb both rehabbing. holy sheet
Interior DL will be decimated with Wilkins and possibly Davis gone. Sieler was good but did he benefit from having Wilkins next to him?

but its cool bc we got a journeyman TE who has never eclipsed 600 yards or 50 catches in a season. Oh and we resigned a shitty punter

Gulp, I'm scared boys
What, no. Stop It.

All this speculation one way or another is pointless. Let’s actually see what happens on the field.

I get that fans need things to talk about during the off-season but it’s all nonsense.

Probably, since the roster going forward for the next few years won't be as talented as the 2023 roster.

Talent wise we were very good last year. Outside of the QB position, we were better last year than we will be this year - fact.

Two other big factors to consider outside of general team talent - quarterback and head coach.

Coaching wise McDaniels was a top 25% coach but a big step down from the top 10% and it showed. Our game planning, play calls, and in game management in big games was notably worse than the best coaches.

I think McDaniels is still trending up and will get better with in game strategy - his biggest current weakness. He can’t hang with the big dawgs right now.

As for Tua, hopefully he’s still trending up. I don’t see a reason to NOT expect him to continue improving except he took one step back last season, and that was in “clutch” play. Everywhere else he looked generally better.

If Tua still continues to improve, we should be as competitive or better this season even with a weaker talent/depth in other positions.

Yes. In terms of talent on the roster and weakness of schedule, we are likely to go backwards.

The Dolphins played w/o 3-4 starting lineman most of last season, and lost both their starting edge rushers to season ending injuring during the most important stretch of the regular season — YET the question of hitting a proverbial ceiling is seriously being posed?

C’mon, man.

Last edited:
It’s possible we don’t field an opening day roster as good as we did in 2023. That said, because of the injury luck it’s also possible we have a better starting lineup in December/January. Long time to wait to see how it plays out. I’d love to try a playoff game without street free agent DE’s and Eich at center.

It’s provided comedic value, I know I chuckled when I read that one. I would’ve completed it with “let me punch myself in the dick”. That might ‘ve landed with more power, but it was pretty amusing as it was…
i would argue you probably dont have much going on in your life then? wilkins gone, fa is going on and we're just losing left and right.. looks like my assessment thus far was correct. so you wont be laughing for much longer silly

i would argue you probably dont have much going on in your life then? wilkins gone, fa is going on and we're just losing left and right.. looks like my assessment thus far was correct. so you wont be laughing for much longer silly
Whoa, why get personal? My life is great. But I’d rather punch myself in the dick than read another whiny post from another fins fan who can’t even wait until the results of free agency and the draft before they, in this case you, go all Nancy negative. I was laughing at the poster’s response to your thread.

Whoa, why get personal? My life is great. But I’d rather punch myself in the dick than read another whiny post from another fins fan who can’t even wait until the results of free agency and the draft before they, in this case you, go all Nancy negative. I was laughing at the poster’s response to your thread.
... as we've just lost wilkins, avg, x.. our defense which was bad to begin with is now going to be atrocious. phillips and chubb will be gone for awhile too. who the hell is going to rush the passer? or stop the run? grier sucks balls

... as we've just lost wilkins, avg, x.. our defense which was bad to begin with is now going to be atrocious. phillips and chubb will be gone for awhile too. who the hell is going to rush the passer? or stop the run? grier sucks balls

Houston, Ingram and Irvin? All time 2014 reunion?

Back
Top Bottom