Different view on forester | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Different view on forester

Questions:
1. If this were a player would he have been kept in some fashion (IR, PUP, suspended 30 days) and sent to drug rehab?

If a player was caught, they would be suspended, but considering a player is only responsible for himself, while a Coach image wise, is representing a franchise, while professionally is responsible for 5 starters, and a few backups...Like it or not, he does need more then anyone, to set a good example.

2. If this had been alcohol, would he have been suspended 30 days and sent to rehab?

If it was Alcohol, I doubt very few teams would stand for it also. Alcohol is legal, but if you saw a Video of a coach say he is going to do bottle before going to the meeting, would you just suspend him?

3. Is this an example of your value to the team determines the amount of your punishment?

If you were to see a coach of your team, in a video say he might do a line before going to a meeting, you would not fire them? I am sure if he told the team he had a problem, and needed help, he would get time off, and allowed to come back eventually.

4. If you have an addiction, should we make a distinction between alcohol and drugs?

Using in a work place, both will get you fired, but again, let us not forget one is legal, the other is not.

5. If your employer were not the dolphins (AT and T, local plumbing company, cable company etc) would the punishment be different? Should it?

I have an employee doing drugs, stating in a video he might also do it just before a job responsibility , he would be fired in any job, any company, and unlike what happened with the Dolphins, would still try to help him out.

The video was a disgrace on so many levels.

You are assuming Miami "fired" him. I think he was legit embarrassed and resigned once realization hit that morning.

This man has a wife and 3 kids and he is doing lines of coke in his office before a work meeting and filming it for a stripper in Las Vegas who may or may not "keep the baby".

There is no thought process needed here, Miami handled the whole situation perfectly and said the right things.

I think Miami let him "resign gracefully". Not sure if he had a buyout in his contract, but by him resigning they don't have to pay a buyout and he can't collect unemployement (if he really needed to go down that road).

2 games and $5 million for missing a walk-through doesn't seem very soft to me
One game suspension, not two. There was no official status of him for LAC game. AWOL wasn't an NFL status. And no, it is soft given the circumstance.

I don't get the "blame Gase" or "looks bad for Gase" angle on this. Certainly it's not good, but there's a pretty long list of players and, presumably, some coaches that have performed and even thrived while on illegal drugs. And if this guy is an addict...they are usually pretty darn good at concealing their issue. Some of the signs are probably norms in the super intense, stressful, sleep deprived NFL coaching environment.

Although I have to admit that videoing oneself doing the blow and sending it as a tribute to your stripper "girl friend" is not really a good job of concealment.

From what we know now, Gase handled it as he should have. Hopefully the assistant is a oline savant in the making

I don't get the "blame Gase" or "looks bad for Gase" angle on this. Certainly it's not good, but there's a pretty long list of players and, presumably, some coaches that have performed and even thrived while on illegal drugs. And if this guy is an addict...they are usually pretty darn good at concealing their issue. Some of the signs are probably norms in the super intense, stressful, sleep deprived NFL coaching environment.

Although I have to admit that videoing oneself doing the blow and sending it as a tribute to your stripper "girl friend" is not really a good job of concealment.

From what we know now, Gase handled it as he should have. Hopefully the assistant is a oline savant in the making

Yes, becuase Chris was obviously great at concealing things.

Yes, becuase Chris was obviously great at concealing things.
Dude, he's been a coach in the pros for like 20 years. For all we know he was doing blow or other substance abuse the whole time and just got his tightie whities in a bunch for this gal and went to hell....not to mention I did call out the videoing as a bad concealment technique...

Questions:

I have no inside info, but I might have preferred a suspension, send him to rehab, bring him back on probation, drug test weekly, etc.
What other inside info do you need? The guy doing lines in his office before meeting. He deserves what he get.
Send him to rehab and bring him back? No No and no.

No second chance! We were his fresh start after he got caught spanking his monkey in his office at the Bucs. Guys behavior just gets worse. He is an ******* and the oline sucks. Good riddance!
Are you f(_)<king kidding me? And Gase hired him?

I think you raise some good question, but apparently not just drugs, theres strippers involved for a "family man" as well as publicly shaming the team, so it goes beyond that. If he had just been caught with coke, maybe hes still the OC.

Im a firm believer in help for those with addiction problems vs punishment, but im also a firm believer in due punishment for any actions sober or under influence.

If you take the drugs out of the video, theres still things that would get you fired.

One game suspension, not two. There was no official status of him for LAC game. AWOL wasn't an NFL status. And no, it is soft given the circumstance.
right, that's why I didn't use the word suspension. And yes, $5 million is a steep price to pay for missing one practice

The forum has helped me. I never saw the video and did not know about the hooker. Is the post about his office behavior with the Bucs real or a joke? If real, I feel sorry for the guy. He has some impressive issues.

No firing needed after that video hit the internet.

My god I still can't get over it. This is beyond embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom