Diluted | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Diluted

daywalker

Starter
Reaction score
Did anyone read the article in the Herald about our HC. Wanny wants everyone just to feel the love. If we just get the right attitude maybe they can make up for all my screw ups. This from a guy who is the major problem with the team. If we win this year it will be despite of Wanny. :fire:

Just to add some fuel to the fire, some words from the diluted one:

''The truth is what keeps me focused. And the truth is not the perception right now,'' he said. ``There's a lot of optimism [within the club]. We've had to deal with circumstances that might not normally come up, yes. But it's not the crisis; it's how you deal with it.''

Oy

daywalker said:
Did anyone read the article in the Herald about our HC. Wanny wants everyone just to feel the love. If we just get the right attitude maybe they can make up for all my screw ups. This from a guy who is the major problem with the team. If we win this year it will be despite of Wanny. :fire:

Interesting read - however, I, for one, am sick and tired of hearing what a great man and humanitarian Wanny is. That's wonderful for him and his family and all who benefit from his goodness, but a good, caring heart does not a good head coach make. I think every Dolfan is questioning the same thing this writer is, the acquisitions of Feeley and Boston, Dan Marino stepping down, Ricky Williams and his "problem." I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic. Nothing has been proven yet - the season hasn't started. But don't, Wanny, tell me to be optimistic.

This from our outspoken owner:

"Things are coming together nicely."

BTW, the word is "deluded"....As in, "The person who thinks that we can win despite the coach is deluded."

Winning begins with attitude. Handwringing, naysaying, and crumbling under a crisis...does not convert to victories.

daywalker said:

I guess the Eagles, Rams, and Chiefs have won despite Dick Vermeil and his positive attitude. Lord knows I hate working at a place where there's a positive team atmosphere and a sense of optimism. Certainly doesn't make me push harder or give more. :shakeno:

Give me a break. This post is utter nonsense. Goes in the brown file.

daywalker said:
Just to add some fuel to the fire, some words from the diluted one:

''The truth is what keeps me focused. And the truth is not the perception right now,'' he said. ``There's a lot of optimism [within the club]. We've had to deal with circumstances that might not normally come up, yes. But it's not the crisis; it's how you deal with it.''

Fuel to the fire?? I think he could be speaking directly to you. You're proving his point with this quote.

Not all the problems are the coach! I mean the players still have to go out and exicute BUT Wanny hasn't shown much over the years to make us believe that he can help the team win either!
It's apparent that he isn't getting the job done with a team that has a lot of talent! I can't wait till we get some one new that hopefully can get it done!

He sees, with 10 of 11 starters back, the best Dolphins defense he has had.

Sees A.J. Feeley emerging to provide a clear upgrade at quarterback.

Sees David Boston becoming for the Dolphins what Lamar Odom became for the Heat -- a guy who left his dubious past behind, found a home, caught his potential.

He sees offensive line coach Tony Wise knitting something tight and strong from patchwork pieces.

Sees Ricky Williams just saying no -- or at least not getting caught again.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/columnists/greg_cote/8718670.htm

It is the line about the OL that most concerns me... all else can fall into place (especially if OGun returns)

shalafi3455 said:
Not all the problems are the coach! I mean the players still have to go out and exicute BUT Wanny hasn't shown much over the years to make us believe that he can help the team win either!
It's apparent that he isn't getting the job done with a team that has a lot of talent! I can't wait till we get some one new that hopefully can get it done!

Sorry, but this team hasn't had much talent on offense. Three players (two of which depend on others...i.e. the QB, OL....to get them involved) doesn't get it done, I don't care what defense is behind you.

Is that Wanny The Coach's fault?? No.

Is that Wanny The GM's fault?? Yes.

So he no longer calls the shots with personnel. Hey, anyone else remember why we lost to the Patriots?? Was it because Wanny and his coaches' gameplans were poor?? No, it was because the damn players couldn't execute. When the OL starts to block and the QB completes passes down the field, Wanny will all of the sudden become a good coach. The result of good blocking and downfield accuracy is more "chances" taken. A more "unpredictable" offense. If/when this occurs, Wanny will have "loosened up" and "seen the light"....when in fact he's simply not having to protect the offense from itself.

Think Norv Turner all of the sudden became a predictable, not-to-lose playcaller when he arrived in Miami?? Did he simply decide he didn't like throwing the deep out or take shots downfield anymore?? Could it be that he had to throw out half his playbook to account for the inadequacy on the field??

Simply put, when we achieve some sort of balance between offensive and defensive prowess, we will further succeed. And Wanny will magically become a "good coach".

Back
Top Bottom