Diluted | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Diluted

:rofl: The Wanny Bashing continues! Is Wanny out there playing the games? Kicking FGs, throwing passes, covering receivers? No he is not. Guys Wanny is a good coach, we have just had some tough breaks. Wanny has to at least be a decent coach or else we would be 3-13 because just having Talent doesn't win games.

Muck said:
I guess the Eagles, Rams, and Chiefs have won despite Dick Vermeil and his positive attitude. Lord knows I hate working at a place where there's a positive team atmosphere and a sense of optimism. Certainly doesn't make me push harder or give more. :shakeno:

Give me a break. This post is utter nonsense. Goes in the brown file.

Dick Virmeil Enjoys the game and wannstead during a game seems too....

Hmmmm

He just lacks something that most good coaches have thats all.

On a sidenote, myfriend back in Pitsburgh told me that his father told him that back in the 70's he saw Dave Wannstead get his *** kick in a bar.

Muck said:
Hey, anyone else remember why we lost to the Patriots?? Was it because Wanny and his coaches' gameplans were poor?? No, it was because the damn players couldn't execute.
I agree with that to a point... but remember what Wanny said after the 2nd pats game? Something to the effect of...."The cold and snow were not really conducive to us running the ball".

If he truly believes that then you gotta wonder about his gameplans. I mean, if he thinks cold, windy, snowy conditions are the wrong time to run the ball then I dont think I would want him calling the plays....or being the boss of the guys that do. Also, you gotta wonder why our guys didnt execute. Some of it was certainly due to lack of talent, but can you put all the blame there? The Patsies were using 2nd and 3rd stringers for about half the season and winning with them. Are the Pats 3rd stringers more talented than our starters? If not then perhaps the reason they underachieve is indeed the coach.

daywalker said:
Just to add some fuel to the fire, some words from the diluted one:

''The truth is what keeps me focused. And the truth is not the perception right now,'' he said. ``There's a lot of optimism [within the club]. We've had to deal with circumstances that might not normally come up, yes. But it's not the crisis; it's how you deal with it.''
So Dave is telling us his perception of the truth is the correct one and ours is not, thats pretty funny Dave, considering how off your perceptions have been about this team in the past.

Muck said:
Sorry, but this team hasn't had much talent on offense. Three players (two of which depend on others...i.e. the QB, OL....to get them involved) doesn't get it done, I don't care what defense is behind you.

Is that Wanny The Coach's fault?? No.

Is that Wanny The GM's fault?? Yes.

So he no longer calls the shots with personnel. Hey, anyone else remember why we lost to the Patriots?? Was it because Wanny and his coaches' gameplans were poor?? No, it was because the damn players couldn't execute. When the OL starts to block and the QB completes passes down the field, Wanny will all of the sudden become a good coach. The result of good blocking and downfield accuracy is more "chances" taken. A more "unpredictable" offense. If/when this occurs, Wanny will have "loosened up" and "seen the light"....when in fact he's simply not having to protect the offense from itself.

Think Norv Turner all of the sudden became a predictable, not-to-lose playcaller when he arrived in Miami?? Did he simply decide he didn't like throwing the deep out or take shots downfield anymore?? Could it be that he had to throw out half his playbook to account for the inadequacy on the field??

Simply put, when we achieve some sort of balance between offensive and defensive prowess, we will further succeed. And Wanny will magically become a "good coach".

Agree with you 100% Muck...

I agree with much of what you said Muck. Wanny the "GM" let us down. Now that he is not the GM, I hope the fans out here give RS the chance to turn it around. Wanny didn't mess it up in one season and IMO it'll take RS more then one season to bring in the better players.

Get off Wanny's case already...geez! I hope he is around at least ten more seasons just so the crying will continue. :D
Could've had Tom Coughlin though I guess. :evil:

Both games we were playing the Pats tough and to the end. If I recall, Wanny decided to forgo Mare practicing his kicks from the dirt; He then takes the side in Otime so that we drive to the dirt and kick from it....in the snow in 4ht with a few minutes left we have our best drive of the game...to the pats 35...4th and short and wanny punts. Both of these are huge coaching blunders that were major contributing factors. Mare misses from dirt he did not kick out of in practice, and we never even came close to the pats 35 again....poor leadership, and poor preparation, directly from the HC. And that is just the Pats games.

REVISIONIST HISTORY!!

Coaching blunders my @$$. In reality, MIAMI won the toss in overtime and elected to receive. The Patriots then chose the side (and for us to drive towards the dirt). Surely you didn't forget about the big scene the Patriots made when it appeared as if the umpire botched the coin toss call ("It's tails dude!!").

And I can't believe Wanny is still getting blamed for Mare missing in the dirt. Like he's never kicked from it before. And it's not like Mare didn't practice from the dirt. What I remember reading was that Wanny asked him if he wanted MORE practice from the dirt, and Mare said he was "ok to go". I'm not saying that last part is gospel. But that's how I remember it (again, I could be mistaken).

But the point is, Mare has been kicking off the Pro Player dirt since 1997. I think he knows what to expect. And I think this is a mountain made out of a molehill.

At some point, you have to let the players do their jobs. Especially players who are the highest paid at their positions.

4Dfins said:
Both games we were playing the Pats tough and to the end. If I recall, Wanny decided to forgo Mare practicing his kicks from the dirt; He then takes the side in Otime so that we drive to the dirt and kick from it....in the snow in 4ht with a few minutes left we have our best drive of the game...to the pats 35...4th and short and wanny punts. Both of these are huge coaching blunders that were major contributing factors. Mare misses from dirt he did not kick out of in practice, and we never even came close to the pats 35 again....poor leadership, and poor preparation, directly from the HC. And that is just the Pats games.
Mare can't make two short FGs from the dirt and then you want to second guess Wannstedt for punting from the 35 instead of trying a 42 yard FG in the snow?!?!?

Maybe you think we should have gone for it since the running game was working so well that day.... :lol:

daywalker said:
Did anyone read the article in the Herald about our HC. Wanny wants everyone just to feel the love. If we just get the right attitude maybe they can make up for all my screw ups. This from a guy who is the major problem with the team. If we win this year it will be despite of Wanny. :fire:

clear.gif

So if Wannstedt was negative and self defeating he would be a great h-c in YOUR opinion ????

clear.gif

Marino1983

Muck said:
Sorry, but this team hasn't had much talent on offense. Three players (two of which depend on others...i.e. the QB, OL....to get them involved) doesn't get it done, I don't care what defense is behind you.

Is that Wanny The Coach's fault?? No.

Is that Wanny The GM's fault?? Yes.

So he no longer calls the shots with personnel. Hey, anyone else remember why we lost to the Patriots?? Was it because Wanny and his coaches' gameplans were poor?? No, it was because the damn players couldn't execute. When the OL starts to block and the QB completes passes down the field, Wanny will all of the sudden become a good coach. The result of good blocking and downfield accuracy is more "chances" taken. A more "unpredictable" offense. If/when this occurs, Wanny will have "loosened up" and "seen the light"....when in fact he's simply not having to protect the offense from itself.

Think Norv Turner all of the sudden became a predictable, not-to-lose playcaller when he arrived in Miami?? Did he simply decide he didn't like throwing the deep out or take shots downfield anymore?? Could it be that he had to throw out half his playbook to account for the inadequacy on the field??

Simply put, when we achieve some sort of balance between offensive and defensive prowess, we will further succeed. And Wanny will magically become a "good coach".

:up:

Nice post Muck !!

clear.gif

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom