Dimitri Patterson and Jacoby ford sign with the Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dimitri Patterson and Jacoby ford sign with the Jets

Patterson cannot stay healthy. He did a nice job when playing. However, let's not make him out to be Sam Madison.

Yeah but we replaced him with a guy who has't stayed healthy either and sucked when he was healthy. I have a hard time believing Grimes/Finnegan will be better than Grimes/Patterson/Carroll but we'll see.

I can't wait for the threads when Patterson somehow finishes the year healthy and has 10 INTs. He didn't do that in Miami so what choice did they really have? Jamar Taylor and Will Davis need to make us forget Patterson ever existed.

I can't wait for the threads when Patterson somehow finishes the year healthy and has 10 INTs. He didn't do that in Miami so what choice did they really have? Jamar Taylor and Will Davis need to make us forget Patterson ever existed.

I'm sure there is the possibility of that, but you can't bet on it with a guy who hasn't been healthy in 3 years. At some point, you have to move on, as much as some would prefer to hold onto every single player who has ever worn a Phins uniform.

I have more faith in Taylor developing into a solid (hopefully more) CB than I do in Patterson staying healthy.

When Patterson was healthy playing opposite Grimes I thought that was our best CB combo in years. That said when the Pats pick up our former player they end being very good. When the Jets pick them up it's a sure sign that they are through and probably will be out of the league in no time. The list is long.

I liked Patterson when he was actually on the field, but that wasn't very often. He has only played in 15 games the past 3 seasons, and has played in all 16 games just once in his 10 year career. If the Jets were looking for an older corner with questionable health issues going into 2014, then why didn't they just resign Cromartie? It looks like they signed Patterson for nearly the same amount as Cro got with Arizona. :confused:

I'm sure there is the possibility of that, but you can't bet on it with a guy who hasn't been healthy in 3 years. At some point, you have to move on, as much as some would prefer to hold onto every single player who has ever worn a Phins uniform.

I have more faith in Taylor developing into a solid (hopefully more) CB than I do in Patterson staying healthy.

I'm not betting on it but you know those threads will pop up. See the ones about Sean Smith, Dansby, Vontae Davis, etc...

In reality I don't really care. Patterson over his career has not been a good corner. He did play well for the few games he played with us. Maybe he will do that with Jets, I wouldn't bet money on it. From all acoounts he will their nickel corner.
He cant stay healthy , is not consistent and will be 31 this season. He is not a guy that is suddenly going to put the Jets or any other team over the top. Lets not act like a guy on his 7th nfl team in 8 years is all of a sudden the missing link.
6 teams including us have decided he is not that big of a deal. Good luck to him and thanks for his 5 games of good play at a million a game last year.

I'm not betting on it but you know those threads will pop up. See the ones about Sean Smith, Dansby, Vontae Davis, etc...

Well in reality Davis has been very good while Patterson plays a few good games and is injured. I told u so on first round picks is understandable but not on a journeyman cb that cant stay healthy and has now played for about 1/4 of the teams in the league

Back
Top Bottom