Direct TV Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Direct TV Question

IAFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
As of right now I have the NFL Season ticket. My question is with this season beginning to such a downer and hopes for an exciting season going down the drain I called to see about the ESPN Gameplan. My question is Direct TV will let me switch my season ticket for the college football and will do if free before Sept. I have never had college and have had the NFL package for 4 years.

I love college football and was thinking this might be a good year to make a change and see what one is better. Any of you had either package or both and which one is the best. Don't know which college games will be shown and am a little undecided because with NFL you get all the teams and not sure which ones you get with college. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

NFL is better but then again i like nfl better any way

Theanswer385 said:
NFL is better but then again i like nfl better any way
Amen brother...you just can't beat the NFL!

I got my Sunday ticket refunded. I mean I love the Fins but $200 is $200 back on my account instead of money lost. I could always go to a sports bar if they have a turn around.

But as for your question, Gameday doesn't guarantee you the games you want to watch although they do offer a lot of them. I personally like Sunday ticket just because if there is a game that I want to watch I know its on. There's no guarantee with Gameday.

Direct TV has been really cool about letting people cancel Sunday ticket. There have been quite a few Dolphin fans that have cancelled there subscriptions since Ricky left. Your the second one on this forum that I have seen.

IAFINFAN said:
As of right now I have the NFL Season ticket. My question is with this season beginning to such a downer and hopes for an exciting season going down the drain I called to see about the ESPN Gameplan. My question is Direct TV will let me switch my season ticket for the college football and will do if free before Sept. I have never had college and have had the NFL package for 4 years.

I love college football and was thinking this might be a good year to make a change and see what one is better. Any of you had either package or both and which one is the best. Don't know which college games will be shown and am a little undecided because with NFL you get all the teams and not sure which ones you get with college. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well I have both. Sunday Ticket is by far the better product. Gameplan basicly gives you the other regional games that ABC televises, a couple of extra Big 10 games, the regional syndicated SEC game(blacked out in the southeast), a couple of WAC games, and the late night Hawaii game. It only puts on 10 to 12 games on a typical Saturday. Outside of ABC's refional Pac-10 game, they do not put on any additional Pac-10 games.
Anyway you should keep the Sunday Ticket package. Even if you have a temporay negative feelings on the season, you will like the ability to see a big game that the network won't show in your area.

I believe Directv will refund you as long as the season has not started. I too have been debating if the 200 bucks is worth it. I probably will keep it because it is nice to be able to pick other big games. If I go to sports bars each Sunday I would probably spend more than the 200.00 bucks throughout the season anyway.

I am excited about the season anyway. Every year there is someone who steps up and Dolphin fans can get excited. Maybe this is the year for Kendall Newsom, who knows.

I have always got the Season Ticket but was wondering if the ESPN games are pay per view and they have them every Sat. can you just purchase the gameplan for that particular week and if so how much does it cost.

I have Both and If i had to choose i would get rid of college football first, even though ESPN gameplan cost less. they still don't play all the games. Plus if you follow a top 25 team chances are they will be on regular tv alot anyway.

kasaba13 said:
Don't quit like ricky.

Thats what I'm saying. I would kill to have Sunday Ticket even with all this offseason crap. :shakeno: I will watch as many games as possible winning or losing. Where have all the real fans gone.

Do NOT take the bown acid. The Ticket is the deal and I could not
live without it. I hated going to crowded sports bars with a hangover
and bed hair to eat crap food and pay 5 bucks for a PBR and
having to stand for the whole game.
It only runs me $140 and I would pay a lot more than that if
I had to.

heh funny thing, directTV is alottt more expensive than adephia cable which is local to my area. on top of that, if i got adelphia cable for the TV, my adelphia cable internet (which is what i have, the only broadband in the area) would be roughly $20 cheaper...yea, i sacrafice alot for sunday ticket :)

Back
Top Bottom