Do the Dolphins have the most underrated offense?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Jul 27, 2010.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

http://blogs.bettor.com/Do-the-Dolphins-Have-the-Most-Underrated-Offence-a18845

2. dolphinswow

dolphinswow Active Member

frist
    reserved for add viewpoint

3. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

The Dolphins do, but so do the Patriots.

Brady, Moss, Welker, Holt, Edelman, Maroney.

4. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

Well, not by us.

(also, that dude needs to learn how to spell "offense") :)

5. Cloudy

Cloudy MustNotSleep-MustWarnOthers

We don't really have any glaring weakness on offense. They have the potential to be one of the better offenses in the league but will never know until the season starts.

6. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

Tight End is a weakness as is Left Guard, Right Guard, and Center.

7. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

No. TE is not a weakness, we just lack a Tony G. type player. Fasano and Haynos are kept for blocking, while Sperry has potential. The O-line is set.

8. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Tight end is not a weakness, both players are excellent blockers and Fasano has shown he has the goods before. As for Haynos I seriously think you guys overlook him, he is a real good blocker and he is a nice goal line weapon to have. He has also shown potential. Kory Sperry is another guy who I think showed a ton in the Bucs game and then the Fins failed to use him more and remember the Fins also have Nalbone.

Center and the Guard spots are not weakness either. Grove played exceptional when healthy and Berger did not miss a step. At Guard you have Thomas, Garner, Incognito, Jerry, Procter and Berger (he has started at G before.

The Fins biggest worries are at FS, OLB and maybe NT.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  9. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

This.

10. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

We have no real holes on offense going into this year. We won't know how the offense will be until the season starts.

11. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

This...as long as everyone stays healthy not having a Tony G. type of TE is all that keeps Miami's offense from being top 5.

12. HeartbreakKid28

HeartbreakKid28 A True Fan

The offense has lots of potential, and I'm really excited to watch them. We also have to see if Henne will take the next step, and if the rest of the WRs will too. Health is important too both with Brown and the O-Line. They could and should be a top 10 offense, but we'll see.

13. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Center, and both guard spots, are far, far from a weakness. We have very good starters at each position, and lots of depth at each position. I wouldn't consider Tight End a weakness either. This coaching staff wants blocking TE's, and they have one of the best blocking TE's in the league, as well as Haynos who's a great blocker also. I'd love to see a pass catching TE, who knows if that's what the coaching staff wants. If Fasano can get back to what he did in 2008 as a pass catcher, then we're fine at TE.

14. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

The addition of Marshall not only improves the run game, the TEs will benefit as well.

To say that we have a weakness on offense is overstating the facts. We are solid across the board. Would be nice to have a Pro Bowler at every position but that's not going to happen.

15. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

Again, Tight End is a weakness. Fasano showed one good year, and another bad year. Haynos is a bit above average at blocking, and slow as molasses. Sperry is an unknown. Hence TE being a weakness. Guards are a weakness because Thomas is technically in his 2nd year and was inconsistent last year. Incognito is a loose cannon and wildcard, and Garner is nothing to write home about...yet. Jerry is a rookie and Procter is average. Center is a weakness because Grove is injured half the time and no one has seen Berger play consistently well.

Having a decent player at a position who is inconsistent = Weakness.

A position not with a weakness is something like LT/RT/RB/FB. Players you can COUNT on to to make plays for you day in and day out without making dumb mistakes more than one or two times. Its not about having Pro Bowlers at each position, its about players who don't make dumb penalties(Incognito), don't fumble the ball(Fasano), don't drop the ball(Haynos/Fasano), don't screw up in pass protection(Thomas), don't get injured every other play(Grove), not shown their play consistently(Berger,Garner,Procter), or are rookies(Jerry).

16. bobw999

bobw999 A True Fan

Why do we need a big receiving TE when we have BM?

17. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Exactly...

Also, Fasano is only a decent blocking TE in the run game when he's able to be the aggressor.... very suspect blocking in pass protection... he was eaten alive by Woodley against Pittsburg.... so they kept Hilliard in to help him block Woodley, which resulted in both of them being destroyed...

18. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Why does Indy need Dallas Clark when they have/had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne?

Why does Dallas need Jason Witten when they have/had T.O, Miles Austin, Roy Williams, etc.?

Why do the Saints need Jeremy Shockey when they have Colston?

Why do the Chargers need Gates when they have Vincent Jackson?

Why do the Steelers need Heath Miller when they have Hines Ward?

Why do the Falcons need Tony Gonzalez when they have Roddy White?

Because it's how you control the middle of the field.... there is nothing harder to defend than a team that creates mis-match problems for you with their tight end...

The objective is to have more weapons than the defense can defend.... you want to create as many options to get one-on-one matchups as you can all over the field.. acquiring weapons is how you do it...

Acquiring a threat at tight end is how you do it...

19. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

I agree with Horry & Slim about the TE, maybe Vernon Davis next offseason? Anyways G & C are just fine. Grove was a top C last year, & when Berger stepped in we never lost a beat. G is also fine (Hence we had a top 5 running game) So to say that O-Line is a weakness is ignorant.

20. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

weaknesses don't necessarily equate to bad players - it just means there are a bunch of unknowns. he have tons of talent on the o-line - but i don't expect all the guys on the interior to stay healthy. fasano was money two years ago but was dreadful last year - who knows which player will show up next season.

but i'm not worried about offense - we'll be scoring points next year. defense is what scares me - and as of right now we have 'weaknesses' at both OLB spots, FS, NT (not too worried though), and DE (odrick should be fine as well). that's a ton of weaknesses on the D - i'm a little concerned - getting nolan certainly helps though.

21. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

Honestly, that play was hilarious. Fasano and Hilliard got absolutely annihilated by Woodley.

22. Statler Waldorf

Statler Waldorf Bench Warmer

Agreed. He also had trouble with "Defense" and exactly what constitues a run-on sentence haha.