Do the Dolphins have the most underrated offense? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Dolphins have the most underrated offense?

Again, Tight End is a weakness. Fasano showed one good year, and another bad year. Haynos is a bit above average at blocking, and slow as molasses. Sperry is an unknown. Hence TE being a weakness. Guards are a weakness because Thomas is technically in his 2nd year and was inconsistent last year. Incognito is a loose cannon and wildcard, and Garner is nothing to write home about...yet. Jerry is a rookie and Procter is average. Center is a weakness because Grove is injured half the time and no one has seen Berger play consistently well.

Having a decent player at a position who is inconsistent = Weakness.

A position not with a weakness is something like LT/RT/RB/FB. Players you can COUNT on to to make plays for you day in and day out without making dumb mistakes more than one or two times. Its not about having Pro Bowlers at each position, its about players who don't make dumb penalties(Incognito), don't fumble the ball(Fasano), don't drop the ball(Haynos/Fasano), don't screw up in pass protection(Thomas), don't get injured every other play(Grove), not shown their play consistently(Berger,Garner,Procter), or are rookies(Jerry).

Exactly...

Also, Fasano is only a decent blocking TE in the run game when he's able to be the aggressor.... very suspect blocking in pass protection... he was eaten alive by Woodley against Pittsburg.... so they kept Hilliard in to help him block Woodley, which resulted in both of them being destroyed...

Why do we need a big receiving TE when we have BM?

Why does Indy need Dallas Clark when they have/had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne?

Why does Dallas need Jason Witten when they have/had T.O, Miles Austin, Roy Williams, etc.?

Why do the Saints need Jeremy Shockey when they have Colston?

Why do the Chargers need Gates when they have Vincent Jackson?

Why do the Steelers need Heath Miller when they have Hines Ward?

Why do the Falcons need Tony Gonzalez when they have Roddy White?

Because it's how you control the middle of the field.... there is nothing harder to defend than a team that creates mis-match problems for you with their tight end...

The objective is to have more weapons than the defense can defend.... you want to create as many options to get one-on-one matchups as you can all over the field.. acquiring weapons is how you do it...

Acquiring a threat at tight end is how you do it...

I agree with Horry & Slim about the TE, maybe Vernon Davis next offseason? Anyways G & C are just fine. Grove was a top C last year, & when Berger stepped in we never lost a beat. G is also fine (Hence we had a top 5 running game) So to say that O-Line is a weakness is ignorant.

weaknesses don't necessarily equate to bad players - it just means there are a bunch of unknowns. he have tons of talent on the o-line - but i don't expect all the guys on the interior to stay healthy. fasano was money two years ago but was dreadful last year - who knows which player will show up next season.

but i'm not worried about offense - we'll be scoring points next year. defense is what scares me - and as of right now we have 'weaknesses' at both OLB spots, FS, NT (not too worried though), and DE (odrick should be fine as well). that's a ton of weaknesses on the D - i'm a little concerned - getting nolan certainly helps though.

Exactly...

Also, Fasano is only a decent blocking TE in the run game when he's able to be the aggressor.... very suspect blocking in pass protection... he was eaten alive by Woodley against Pittsburg.... so they kept Hilliard in to help him block Woodley, which resulted in both of them being destroyed...

Honestly, that play was hilarious. Fasano and Hilliard got absolutely annihilated by Woodley.

Back
Top Bottom