do we have the worst offense in the NFL? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

do we have the worst offense in the NFL?

midwest_phinfan said:
Rookie, 2nd year player (maybe sophomore slump), injured, unproven, + been out of the NFL for a few years + a qb in his first year of starting = Top 5 worst offense.
You forgot to add one thing to your post: IMO. Because thats all it is, is your opinion. Which you are entitled to. :)

midwest_phinfan said:
Top 5 worst offenses in the NFL:
1. 49ers
2. Arizona
3. Cleveland
4. Cowboys
5. Bears

I agree with the Niners. I'd put Bears #2, Browns #3, and drop Cards to #4...can't front on any team with Boldin and Fitzgerald. Unless we trade for another starting wide receiver, we're probably #5. If we make that trade, we're off the list and the Chargers go on.

Cowboys are off the list. They don't have a quarterback until Henson is ready but they've got good players at the other positions.

Don't forget Buffalo too as a potential top 5 worst offense. Statistically last year they were in the bottom 3. :billsbite

DolphinDevil28 said:
Take away LT and San Diego might have the worst offense in NFL history.
Take away LT and the Chargers are the worst TEAM in NFL History.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Take away LT and San Diego might have the worst offense in NFL history.

Yeah, but they have Tomlinson, who is the best back in the league, so their offense isn't among the worst in the league. I'm not sure if we have the worst offense in the league but it is down there IMO. We have one good receiver and a good tight end. We also have a good fullback but we rarely use him in the passing game anyway. Besides this we have two QBs who are far from great competing for a starting job and an offensive line that lacks chemistry and supposedly didn't look all that great today. I don't think Minor is bad but our running back situation isn't exactly a great one. This offense has a lot of question marks and isn't exactly among the league's elite.

I think you guys over estimate the Chargers offence, and underestimate the Browns offence.

The Chargers have worse WR depth then us, and there #1 reciever would be a #2 on just about any team i can think of. There most likley starting a rookie at QB, and hes not even the higest regarded QB in the rookie class. Maybe the worst O-Line in the NFL, they lost McIntosh, and there C(forget name) is on a serioous holdout. Those two guys happened to be the only respectable starters on that line.

The Browns aquired Garcia who should do atleast decently, especially with the offensive system they run. They have a decent group of WR's with very good depth. William Green and Lee Suggs is a formidable 1-2 punch. There O-Line is suspect, but not any worse then ours atleast. And they got possibly the best and most NFL ready player in the draft in Kellen Winslow.

FinFan24 said:
The Chargers have worse WR depth then us, and there #1 reciever would be a #2 on just about any team i can think of. There most likley starting a rookie at QB, and hes not even the higest regarded QB in the rookie class. Maybe the worst O-Line in the NFL, they lost McIntosh, and there C(forget name) is on a serioous holdout. Those two guys happened to be the only respectable starters on that line.

You're right....the Chargers are just LT or bust (I think Rivers will be really good....just not this soon). Their O-line is awful, with the loss of D-Mac and Jason Ball (the Center you were talking about...I dont think hes reported yet or is planning to anytime soon) its the NFL's worst without a doubt. Their WRs are terrible, I believe their #1 is Reche Caldwell (another overrated UF wideout) and they have no depth behind LT to help them when they ride and overwork him into an inevitable injury (no matter how good a back is, you cant ride him that hard and expect him to stay healthy)...Their backup is Jesse Chatman I think....if LT goes down they wont win a single game IMO.

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
Arizona? :huh:

Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Marcel Shipp and Bryant Johnson + Dennis Green = a good offense. Even last year they werent that bad.
Umm.. Marcel Shipp is lost for the season with a broken leg.

dolfancoolio said:
i'm racking my brain and i think we may have the weakest offense in the NFL. (*sigh*) your thoughts?

Wait until we play at least one game before asking that question.

Back
Top Bottom