Do You Guys Care?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Guys Care??

Dolfan954 said:
but the tone of some of the posts on this thread make it seem like we should be ashamed of ourselves or something.
I agree, as if being a finfan is not shame enough. :D :jk:

Seriously, don't be too sensitive. Relax you're both on the same team.

WharfRat said:
We see your point, and understand completely...
You have to understand that Gram was frustrated over what he saw as an unnecessary sacrifice on AJ's part to scrape up money to keep this thing going. Feeling the need to sell off his beloved Dolphins memorabilia on Ebay is something not many of us would do to maintain a website. Sure, I'd sell every last Dolphins item I had, if it came down to that in order to feed my children... but for a website? :hmmm: honestly... how many of us would do that? AJ has been driven to make this site the best, and he's done a damn good job of it, and sacrificed more than most of you know... it's cost him loads of time, money, sweat, and sleep ... for profit? no... for Dol-Fans.
True, you get more flies with honey... but when you put out some honey, and the flies complain because it's not sweet enough... you get frustrated and pick up a fly swatter... OK...bad analogy, we're not ever going to swat anyone..... but you see my point...
Fly swatter? Good one. ;)

Seriously though, I truly appreciate everything the staff does here to keep FinHeaven going, and I realize that making threads like this on o regular basis is necessary, because people (like me) will take the site for granted and forget that it takes a lot of money to run the site. It's marketing, and it has to be done. I'll donate when I can...I just don't appreciate the way you and dolfan87 went about it.

I understand why 87 is upset. AJ having to sell his stuff on Ebay is unfortunate, but that doesn't give him the right to lash out at others, irregardless of what the circumstances are.

WharfRat said:
Again I ask...

Now who's ranting?

as for this being a "business venture" .... I beg to differ. This never has been, nor ever will be something done for profit, as the term "business venture" would imply. Public service? Even PBS has membership drives, and those that don't wish to contribute... simply don't contribute. You don't see them calling the station saying "What? you want how much for that beach tote with your logo? Are you crazy? That's too much, you have some nerve demanding that much money from me" or do they?

BTW - Calling people arrogant, jacka$$es, disrespectful, and implying one has no class, seems to give the same impression of yourself, that you wish to project on us.

CO84 and I had this discussion already, he and I have had such discussions before, and have always come to an understanding. I'm sure he's of the same mind I am... we're not angry with each other, just debating. Calling me (or anyone else) out for having that discussion is a little presumptuous on your part, don't you think?
I said that already:
If it flops, then it's simply a failed business venture; however, let me clear that up by saying that I realize this site is more of a public service than a for profit business.

It's not an argument, just a disagreement. I'm sorry you took it the wrong way, even though I don't fault you for doing so. I believe I would have given you the same response.

Sometimes I don't realize how something sounds until I read it again. Now that I read my posts again, I realize that some of it sounds personal. I apologize for the name calling, especially since I hate when someone does the same. Pretty It's not an argument, just a disagreement. I'm sorry you took it the wrong way, even though I don't fault you for doing so. I believe I would have given you the same response.

Sometimes I don't realize how something sounds until I read it again. Now that I read my posts again, I realize that some of it sounds personal. I apologize for the name calling, especially since I hate when someone does the same. Pretty hippocritical huh?

I understand your point about PBS, but at the same time, you don't see the people on PBS saying, "You guys can't donate $20 freakin' dollars? Call any television network and ask them how much it costs to have a show on the air." No, they ask in a respectful manner.

Do you see my point now? If not, we can always agree to disagree. huh?

I understand your point about PBS, but at the same time, you don't see the people on PBS saying, "You guys can't donate $20 freakin' dollars? Call any television network and ask them how much it costs to have a show on the air." No, they ask in a respectful manner.

Do you see my point now? If not, we can always agree to disagree. :)

Justasportsfan said:
I agree, as if being a finfan is not shame enough. :D :jk:

Seriously, don't be too sensitive. Relax you're both on the same team.
:hmmm:

if being a Dolfan = ashamed

then...

being a Bills fan = ?

You and your kind are in worse shape, buddy. Watch your mouthj. :tongue: :jk:

Dolfan954 said:
:hmmm:

if being a Dolfan = ashamed

then...

being a Bills fan = ?

You and your kind are in worse shape, buddy. Watch your mouthj. :tonuge: :jk:
Muwahaha! My plan worked. I got you to stop ranting. :D

954, you can say whatever you want, but the fact is that my ORIGINAL post was directed at those of us who can afford it

I am NOT an admin, mod, nothing. I am simply a friend of A.J.'s who has seen stuff go on behind the scenes. I have watched AJ stress out over trying to come up with money. I have seen him work three jobs, AND go to school to provide you with a place to come and talk.

I don't give a sh*t if you think I am being to harsh, because I am pissed off. Don't like it, then don't read it. Fact is I don't have to have "class" because that is part of the reason I left my position. I was sick and tired of dealing with some of you with "class" when what I really wanted to say was grow up. That's Muck's, and Wharfs job now, and they are doing wonderfully at it.

Some of you have mentioned how other message boards are free. Well if you haven't noticed ESPN is a major network, who has money coming out of their butts. The newspapper sites can afford the message boards no problem.

You cannot compare those places to here.

Look, I am not trying to make those of you who can't afford it feel guilty. It's those of you who come here, and $84 a year is what you spend on a nice dinner out once a week. If you can't afford the money, then no one, and I mean no one, is asking you for anything. But if you value this place at all, and can afford to pay,then help out.

Those of you in school, or just making ends meet, this is the last place I would want you putting money. But you guys who can afford it know who you are, so hate me if you want to, but in my OPINION(this is a message board for opinions right?) it needed to be said.

Gram

Justasportsfan said:
Muwahaha! My plan worked. I got you to stop ranting. :D
:roflmao:

Between you, CW, and Clump, I'm almost starting to not hate Bills fans anymore...or not. :barf:

Dolfan954 said:

Again, I am not a member of the staff, I am just a regular guy who thinks this lack of response, and AJ having to get rid of his stuff ridiculas when there are 4000+ members on this board.

dolfan87 said:
Jorden, you can say whatever you want, but the fact is that my ORIGINAL post was directed at those of us who can afford it

I am NOT an admin, mod, nothing. I am simply a friend of A.J.'s who has seen stuff go on behind the scenes. I have watched AJ stress out over trying to come up with money. I have seen him work three jobs, AND go to school to provide you with a place to come and talk.

I don't give a sh*t if you think I am being to harsh, because I am pissed off. Don't like it, then don't read it. Fact is I don't have to have "class" because that is part of the reason I left my position. I was sick and tired of dealing with some of you with "class" when what I really wanted to say was grow up. That's Muck's, and Wharfs job now, and they are doing wonderfully at it.

Some of you have mentioned how other message boards are free. Well if you haven't noticed ESPN is a major network, who has money coming out of their butts. The newspapper sites can afford the message boards no problem.

You cannot compare those places to here.

Look, I am not trying to make those of you who can't afford it feel guilty. It's those of you who come here, and $84 a year is what you spend on a nice dinner out once a week. If you can't afford the money, then no one, and I mean no one, is asking you for anything. But if you value this place at all, and can afford to pay,then help out.

Those of you in school, or just making ends meet, this is the last place I would want you putting money. But you guys who can afford it know who you are, so hate me if you want to, but in my OPINION(this is a message board for opinions right?) it needed to be said.

Gram
You don't have to have class? Thanks for clearing it up.

dolfan87 said:
Again, I am not a member of the staff, I am just a regular guy who thinks this lack of response, and AJ having to get rid of his stuff ridiculas when there are 4000+ members on this board.
I can respect your opinion and your fire. You even sound like a good friend to have since you're backing AJ so much. I know I sound like a broken record now, but I only repeat myself because I'm often misunderstood. My issue wasn't with the subject of your post, just the way you came across saying it. No ill feelings...just a difference of opinion. I apologize for the name calling.

Dolfan954 said:
I can respect your opinion and your fire. You even sound like a good friend to have since you're backing AJ so much. I know I sound like a broken record now, but I only repeat myself because I'm often misunderstood. My issue wasn't with the subject of your post, just the way you came across saying it. No ill feelings...just a difference of opinion. I apologize for the name calling.

Ok, so maybe it was harsh, and I apologize if I made any of you who can't afford it feel bad.

But, the nice thing just wasn't working.

By the way, I am going to purchase two premium memberships to give to two members who can't afford it. I am also going to give away a pair of real Dolphins Jersey pants, authentic Riddell helmet, and an autographed Marino 8x10 to the next three Premium Memberships renewed, or first timers.

It will be first come first serve on selecting the item you want, and AJ will let me know who was first, second and last. No matter what position you come in at, you are getting some great stuff here.

I am going to make a new post about this, so this is the scoop right here(buried in a six page thread). Everyone else in about 3 hours will have a new post to read.

GO!

Gram

OK... I think we've bantered about the subtleties of perspectives long enough... the point to this whole thing is... FinHeaven needs help from the members who are able to contribute, in order to stay afloat.

Let's look at it this way... how about a "Save AJ's Stuff Drive"

Let's see if we can garner enough money for the site, so that AJ doesn't have to sell his Dolphins gear! If it means bringing in Premium Members... FANTASTIC!! If it means a few members kicking in ten bucks, or five, or two, or one... to save AJ from giving up his stuff...then let's make it happen!

dolfan87 said:
Ok, so maybe it was harsh, and I apologize if I made any of you who can't afford it feel bad.

But, the nice thing just wasn't working.

By the way, I am going to purchase two premium memberships to give to two members who can't afford it. I am also going to give away a pair of real Dolphins Jersey pants, authentic Riddell helmet, and an autographed Marino 8x10 to the next three Premium Memberships renewed, or first timers.

It will be first come first serve on selecting the item you want, and AJ will let me know who was first, second and last. No matter what position you come in at, you are getting some great stuff here.

I am going to make a new post about this, so this is the scoop right here(buried in a six page thread). Everyone else in about 3 hours will have a new post to read.

GO!

Gram
]

...Perhaps a simultaneous "Save Gram's Stuff Drive" ;)

Back
Top Bottom