Do You Want to Win Another Game This Season? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Want to Win Another Game This Season?

Would you prefer to lose out or win em all?

• Total voters
If we were to play like we have been I wanted to lose out. I said previously if we coach, play, and develop I want to win as much as we can. The Pats game was a very solid win where we actually look like the team I always thought we could be. Now if we revert back next week to the same 'ol then I will again have coaching concerns and call out Gase and crew but the Pats win was a welcome surprise not simply because of the W but the prep, good start, playing physical until the final second. The play calling and use of Drake and Grant was really nice to see and exactly what I expected from Gase. Oh, and the oline was solid...where did that come from.

If last night’s game is truly what the team is capable of on a regular basis, then I want them to win the rest of their games.

If on the other hand the first Patriots game is what they’re capable of on a regular basis, then I want them to win none of them.

If we play well and win I'm for all it, but I'm sick of winning because the other kicker missed a short FG, or the other team had a bad snap, or the other team has even worse backup QBs than us. We've already won more than we should have this year, so no, I'm not rooting for any more wins.

You'd think winning is always good, but there's a down side, and I'm not talking about the draft. When the team wins "bad" fans start thinking we're better than we are. Then the front office either sees the same thing or plays to the fans perception and we have another series of head-sctratching moves in the offseason. It happened last year and it happened this year and enough's enough. Next time we win I want to be because we're actually a good football team, or better than the opponent anyway, I don't care how long it takes.

That's the kind of win I'm talking about! Some people look at draft position and see us losing a few spots. But if you think about it, the last couple of weeks we've gained a lot, too. We don't have as many needs or as pressing as we thought we had. We thought we needed a #1 RB (at least I did), now we only need a #2. We suspected our CB Howard might possibly be a bust, now he looks like a strength. The entire offensive line seemed like a glaring weakness, now it doesn't seem so hopeless. Isn't all that worth a couple of measly draft spots? Hell, yeah. Things are looking up for the first time this year

Win the next two....don't start a loser mentality, and kill what to this point this team has gotten with Gase.

I asked this when we were 4-7. Still say I wish we would have lost out. Better draft status, but also better chance some house cleaning would have been done. Those two wins vs Denver and NE saved some jobs.

Back
Top Bottom