Does anybody else think Dallas should trade down? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anybody else think Dallas should trade down?

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Those guys are in such a limbo in all senses they could use just about any position OR go by wo picking any given position.

QB?
Pass rusher?
LBer?
DB?

I know it's completely unlike Jerry but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Personally I would just go QB if I were them and I can't find a trade partner.

Those guys are in such a limbo in all senses they could use just about any position OR go by wo picking any given position.

QB?
Pass rusher?
LBer?
DB?

I know it's completely unlike Jerry but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Personally I would just go QB if I
Dallas is a hard team to to predict. They also have salary cap issues. Moving on from Prescott could help if they find a comparable talent.

Surtain could fit too.

Dallas is a hard team to to predict. They also have salary cap issues. Moving on from Prescott could help if they find a comparable talent.

Surtain could fit too.

And how about SF? Similar stacked team but floating in limbo with a QB who's a question mark too.

And how about SF? Similar stacked team but floating in limbo with a QB who's a question mark
All the SF fans I know are clamoring for a quarterback. Jimmy Garoppolo isn't terrible, but he can't stay on the field.

The 49ers also badly need corners.

All the SF fans I know are clamoring for a quarterback. Jimmy Garoppolo isn't terrible, but he can't stay on the field.

The 49ers also badly need corners.

They can pick corners rds 2 and 3 if they want but if they pass on Trask he's not making it past the Broncos on the very next pick. Trask would beat Lock out almost immediately but I would give Lock the reps and let him lose the job. Trask responds very well to do or die opportunities.

They can pick corners rds 2 and 3 if they want but if they pass on Trask he's not making it past the Broncos on the very next pick. Trask would beat Lock out almost immediately but I would give Lock the reps and let him lose the job. Trask responds very well to do or die opportunities.
Miami could have a lot of takers for that Houston pick. I could definitely see SF wanting to trade up.

The question is how far down the draft pecking order are the Dolphins willing to go?

Miami could have a lot of takers for that Houston pick. I could definitely see SF wanting to trade up.

The question is how far down the draft pecking order are the Dolphins willing to go?

I could definitely see Dallas trading down and I haven't given it that much thought before right now. They can't be looking at their situation and thinking 2021 is going to be there year. It's not. They need to rebuild but without the complete tear down. That Prescott situation is not enviable in the least bit. I am pretty sure I'd let him walk and look to trade Zeke and Zack Martin.

I could definitely see Dallas trading down and I haven't given it that much thought before right now. They can't be looking at their situation and thinking 2021 is going to be there year. It's not. They need to rebuild but without the complete tear down. That Prescott situation is not enviable in the least bit. I am pretty sure I'd let him walk and look to trade Zeke and Zack Martin.
It's an odd situation because the talent level in Dallas looks playoff caliber. Not sure what the problem is, although I know they've had injuries. Quality depth is an issue for most teams.

Assuming they pay Dak they absolutely must trade down if possible.

It's an odd situation because the talent level in Dallas looks playoff caliber. Not sure what the problem is, although I know they've had injuries. Quality depth is an issue for most teams.

Injuries and health issues. It’s completely derailed them. They’ve used their first round picks better anyone over the last decade.

Travis Frederick was a difference maker. Can’t replace that anchor. It’s been down hill ever since.

Tyron Smith, I’ve said many tomes, has the mileage of a 40 year old on his body given how young he was when he was drafted. Ironically our rookie LT from USC is similarly young as well. Not that they are in the same league obviously, besides the point.

I didn’t like the McCarthy hire for them.

I’ll throw something else out there right now, Justin Fields is not a lock to go No.2. I say that as an HUGE Ohio State fan. No one ais saying it. I’m saying it. Whoever takes over the Jaguars needs to look at what we just accomplished in a short period of time and do the same thing. I think they should be looking to stock pile picks on top of what they already have. Let the right guy present himself.

Fields should return to Ohio State.

I’ve been thinking about this for about two weeks now, not just because of today’s game in which Chris Olave is out.

Last edited:
How about the Panthers? Lance or Parsons? I'm leaning Parsons, unfortunately. TBH2O is just 28, under contract, played decent and they gave up a LOT of points through the season.

I have a feeling ATL will do a full reset and will ship Matt Ryan to SF. I would be up for Calvin Ridley if they want to trade him away too.

Back
Top Bottom