Does Flores have CTE??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Flores have CTE???

Those are also symptoms of someone who is just an a-hole. Can we not immediately use CTE as an excuse for everything negative that anyone who played football does? It is becoming a trend to mention CTE whenever someone who played football exhibits negative behaviors.
Well its becoming a trend for a reason. Maybe you're not paying attention. The examples are countless...

I doubt it. He strikes me as a person who thinks they are never wrong. Therefore it must be somebody elses fault.

Probably why he kept making the same game day mistakes in year 3 as he did in year 1.
Good point...

You're not a Doctor but you play one on the internet?

You are diagnosing a guy you have never met with a medical condition you do not understand because he f'ed over your football team?

You're not a Doctor but you play one on the internet?

You are diagnosing a guy you have never met with a medical condition you do not understand because he f'ed over your football team?
The post started out by saying, I may be grasping at straws. It was a post designed to open up a conversation and get insight.

Last edited:
Flores believes he only speaks in “truths” and that makes him always right. He puts himself on a pedestal to media on a number of occasions, or on talk shows the other day, to justify his actions.

Truth is often a matter of perspective. What we believe to be true may be interpreted differently by different people.

That’s why he is hard to get along with imo.

With the sudden lawsuit Flores is coming across as an emotional novice prone to misguided knee-jerk decisions. Kinda what we have witnessed first-hand. It really makes the Dolphins look smart to drop him. I don’t hate him, he was just the wrong man for the job

Flores believes he only speaks in “truths” and that makes him always right. He puts himself on a pedestal to media on a number of occasions, or on talk shows the other day, to justify his actions.

Truth is often a matter of perspective. What we believe to be true may be interpreted differently by different people.

That’s why he is hard to get along with imo.
Interesting. I thought the interview was odd w Mike Greenberg in when asked what he wanted, he took like forever to say “change” as if he hadn’t thought about what he’s trying to affect. It was weird. That and he was chosen by God to coach.

When things go sideways in life it is easier to shift blame then take any accountability - his accusations are over the top and without proof he will go down as the brunt of NFL jokes

How can anyone seriously hire someone who is only loyal to himself - his recent shots at BB tell us all we need to know

BB is the reason Flo was a Dolphins HC make no mistake

Bro VAARK, you are still the best, royal, I don't know what to say about you :chuckle:

CTE is a devastating injury/disease. The concussions can cause production of certain proteins etc., some are found with Dementia patients but in CTE there is a lack of other "markers" that would ID Dementia. So at this point the only sure way to tell is post mortem. They are working on tweaking CAT scans to resonate the markers linked to CTE, but as of yet, no joy. But at least they are working on it, and since there is a strong motivation for diagnosing and finding a cure, the money is there for the research, unlike "orphan" or "common" diseases like RCI (Rectal Cranial Inversion), it is my opinion, that if they spent just a bit more money on RCI the world would be a better place.

Also don't forget that Mr Flores probably played pewee ball, high school etc, and being brought up in the area he was raised in, blows to the head would not be out of the question. But until there is a scan devised we may never know.

The Ever Theoretical VIPER

I may be grasping as straws with this one, but some common symptoms of CTE are paranoia, aggression, depression, mood swings and other personality changes.

- Flores seems to think everyone is out to get him. Sounds like he's super paranoid.
- He charged the field during that game when Grant got rocked on a punt return. Although I loved it, it could be perceived as aggressive.
- He cut everyone off last season after the trade deadline and had some heated exchanges with Tua.

Like I said, I may be trying to fit a square peg in a round hole here. However, it just doesn't make sense why he would go on an Aaron Hernandez like rampage when he was considered a top candidate for another spot as a head coach. He's make accusations that Elway was late to their interview because he was out drinking the night before, and Elway said he was on overnight flight to get to the interview (hence why he was disheveled). He claims Ross said "take a flight, go on vacation, Ill pay you 100k for each loss.....". I kinda believe this statement, but I think is was sarcasm. What owner would seriously tell their coach to go on a vacation during the season.

Maybe it's CTE or just plain delusion. Just curious is anyone else thought about this, or maybe I'm just delusional...
Geesh... And all those years I thought it was the pot I was smoking. Are munchies also a side effect? :SMK

Back
Top Bottom