Dolphins 2015 FA list looking good | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 2015 FA list looking good

Don't see how Odrick is some MUST sign. He never makes plays in the 2nd half or at big times. He is easily turned by average guards in the run game, can't stand up to double teams. No way I would give him big money. If I was going to do that I would have kept Solai who was a much better player.

This is not a good thing.

Yes, we shouldnt have any trouble resigning players. The problem is: we dont have that many guys on this roster that deserve to be resigned. That is bad. Very bad.

Yep, unfortunately that's been the problem for a long long time maybe with a new GM it will finally come to an end

http://www.phins-spotlight.com/p/miami-dolphins-future-free-agents.html?m=1
UFA: RFA: Exclusive rights:
OG David Arkin DE Derrick Shelby OG Sam Brenner
CB Jalil Brown RB Marcus Thigpen DT A.J. Francis
TE Charles Clay S Jordan Kovacs
QB Matt Moore
DT Jared Odrick
C Mike Pouncey*
RB Daniel Thomas
LB Jason Trusnik
S Jimmy Wilson

all we'd need to resign is pouncey, first and foremost. Clay isn't a must, but I'd like to see him back. We wont need odrick. DT are easy to find, especially situational ones. And maybe keep Wilson if he improves more, but he is expendable. Seems like we're gonna be ready to spend in 2015 free agency also.

Bolded and underlined are the guys that really should be resigned, bolded are guys that have earned a shot to come back but arent must sign's. All the others aren't urgent and can be replaced.

Pouncey and Odrick were 1st rounders so their cap hit isnt going to be a huge difference and Pouncey will have the option on his contract used more than likely. Clay will have the most dramatic increase but even then TE's only get paid like TE's so its not gonna handcuff the team.

If we can carry over a decent amount of cap this year we should be in goo shape next year no problem.

Back
Top Bottom