Dolphins 2021 Final Roster Cuts | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 2021 Final Roster Cuts

People make it sound like he's been here for years. He's played in 2 preseason games: didn't do much against the Bears, but had 10 carries for 43 yards against the Falcons and a few nice runs. It sounds like people have made up their minds not to like some players and until proven otherwise they're going to ride that line.

I actually didn't make up my mind before Brown has had a chance. I am always hopeful when we sign a guy. I don't prefer him because he seems slow to get to speed, and our OL isn't the greatest at opening up running lanes down the middle. I have my preferences (don't we all?), but I am not one of those that have to be right - I am probably wrong more than I am right, LOL! However, as with Grant, he's on the team, so I will root for him to kick some serious ass when he's in the game and will happily admit that I was wrong if I am. Go Dolphins! :-)

Happy to see Robert Jones and Trill Williams make the 53, at least for now. Jim Nagy of the Senior Bowl said he evaluated Jones very similarly to Robert Hunt, if not a little better. That caught my attention. Both of these UDFA have ideal size and length for their positions. Would be great if the Dolphins can develop both into contributors.

I like some players who were cut more than I liked a few of the players they decided to keep. That is just my opinion but I fully understand I am not at camp everyday and the coaches obviously know a lot more about each of the players than I do.

So me liking one player over another player doesn’t mean they made a bad decision. It is as simple as the fact I happen to like one player over another. The bottom line is I respect the decisions of Flores in regards to the players he cut and those he kept. It is his job on the line and not mine. So he certainly should keep the players he feels are the best 53.
But you are not taking into account your wisdom.

I wonder if we look at Devonta Freeman or Kerryon Johnson? Both cut today. We already attempted a waiver claim on Johnson

I actually didn't make up my mind before Brown has had a chance. I am always hopeful when we sign a guy. I don't prefer him because he seems slow to get to speed, and our OL isn't the greatest at opening up running lanes down the middle. I have my preferences (don't we all?), but I am not one of those that have to be right - I am probably wrong more than I am right, LOL! However, as with Grant, he's on the team, so I will root for him to kick some serious *** when he's in the game and will happily admit that I was wrong if I am. Go Dolphins! :-)
nice to hear. Wasn't talking about you specificly, just some fans in general. I think in human nature there are two types of people. People who give you a degree of trust from the start and it's up to you to lose it and people who give you little or no trust from the start and it's up to you to earn it. Fans can be the same when it comes to some players.

There was never any doubt that the top 4 receivers were set.

Parker
Williams
Waddle
Fuller

Once Albert demonstrated he was all the way back, and started bombs away with Tua in practice, there was your number 5.

The only battles were Grant, Merritt, Perry, Hollins, Robin Hood, McClain, etc. etc. for the final 1 or 2 spots.

That's it.

This infatuation with fringe players, and thinking they may beat out players who have started games in this league is really out of hand on this forum.

Once Hollins showed out and they didn't trade Grant, it was PS bound (perhaps) for any and all "camp phenoms."

Have you noticed its primarily WR's and/or CB's that have this cult like following?

Have you noticed its primarily WR's and/or CB's that have this cult like following?
it is usually skill position guys.

fans watch camp and get enamored with some guys that look good during practice and practice games and start thinking they are beating out veterans that have actually started and performed in the league.

Back
Top Bottom