Dolphins Announce Team for 1st 4 Games | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Announce Team for 1st 4 Games

there's hardly any announcers i can bear without a grimace. chris spielman is an exception but he does the nfc i believe. and as an above poster mentioned, bob was very good when he did college.

Week 1: vs Tampa Bay (FOX)
**** Stockton and Mark Schlereth

Week 2: at LA Chargers (CBS)
Greg Gumbel and Trent Green

Week 3: at Jets (CBS)
Steve Tasker, Tom McCarthy, and Steve Buerlein

Week 4: vs Saints in London (FOX)
Charles Davis and Kevin Burkhardt

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article167510317.html

Apparently Beth Mullins is calling NFL games now. Don't know about anyone else but her monotonous voice during college football is insufferable.

mark schlareth makes me crinje

I think Beth's one of ESPN's better callers, but that's me. Her voice doesn't bother me at all.

Griese is appalling now. Embarrassing. Nat Moore no better.
I said before I think all three of them should be put out to pasture. Time for some younger voices with a little more energy. They all seem kind of tired of it all to me.

Here we go again......flame me all you want but having a female in the booth is just another scheme by the NFL to pander to & appease women and special agenda women's groups in the interests of less criticism about "inequality"/domestic violence ( and, as always, to try grab more money by thinking, apparently, a women in the booth will draw more female viewers)......just like "breast cancer awareness" - a worthy cause but VERY overdone with all the non stop pink everything for a month is ridiculous (should be for ONE game on ONE weekend).....also, as someone said, since the game is 100% male players/ex players, why no "prostate cancer awareness"??? They actually also have a color but 95% of people don't even know what it is.

How is she deserving of it when there must be dozens of ex players and/or more experienced announcers from the college game who have been around the game for years and may have...oh....I don't know...ACTUALLY PLAYED IT!

Make no mistake no matter how they try to sell it or sugar coat it......she's being hired BECAUSE of her gender and not in SPITE of it.

Here we go again......flame me all you want but having a female in the booth is just another scheme by the NFL to pander to & appease women and special agenda women's groups in the interests of less criticism about "inequality"/domestic violence ( and, as always, to try grab more money by thinking, apparently, a women in the booth will draw more female viewers)......just like "breast cancer awareness" - a worthy cause but VERY overdone with all the non stop pink everything for a month is ridiculous (should be for ONE game on ONE weekend).....also, as someone said, since the game is 100% male players/ex players, why no "prostate cancer awareness"??? They actually also have a color but 95% of people don't even know what it is.

How is she deserving of it when there must be dozens of ex players and/or more experienced announcers from the college game who have been around the game for years and may have...oh....I don't know...ACTUALLY PLAYED IT!

Make no mistake no matter how they try to sell it or sugar coat it......she's being hired BECAUSE of her gender and not in SPITE of it.
I see her as a welcome change of pace compared to 90% of the dullards these networks put in the booth. I would have gladly taken a female over the decades of Dan Dierdorf I had to endure.

Don't see how anybody can criticize a cause that raises funds for breast cancer. If it helps save lives I could care less if they wore pink gloves all season long.

I see her as a welcome change of pace compared to 90% of the dullards these networks put in the booth. I would have gladly taken a female over the decades of Dan Dierdorf I had to endure.

Don't see how anybody can criticize a cause that raises funds for breast cancer. If it helps save lives I could care less if they wore pink gloves all season long.

I said breast cancer was a worthy cause......just not at the exclusion of all others which it has become. Maybe change it up so it is not so controlled and directed to one cause......in addition to the prostate cancer I mentioned there could diabetes, skin cancer, etc. prevention/awareness given attention but I'm not sure that the people now behind the breast cancer/pink takeover would be happy with making room for others now that they have it pretty much monopolized. And...btw.....for years it's been the preeminent (only??) cause given such wide attention by the NFL.....I'm pretty sure most are "aware" of it by now.

https://www.change.org/p/the-nfl-support-prostate-cancer-awareness-funding

"Each September the NFL ignores Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Never has the NFL had their teams display blue ribbons or other items depicting a campaign to raise awareness and funding for the second most deadly cancer affecting men. 1 in 6 men will be afflicted with this dreaded disease. This means an average of 10 men on each NFL team will have to deal with this illness sometime in their lives and many will die from it. "

"THE NFL WEBSITE HAS A SPECIAL SECTION TO BUY PINK RIBBON RELATED ITEMS- FOR AWARENESS AND FUNDRAISING. 705 ITEMS TO BUY TO SUPPORT BREAST CANCER. NOT A SINGLE ITEM TO SUPPORT PROSTATE CANCER. MEN'S HEALTH IS NOT SO IMPORTANT TO THE NFL IT SEEMS "

I said breast cancer was a worthy cause......just not at the exclusion of all others which it has become. Maybe change it up so it is not so controlled and directed to one cause......in addition to the prostate cancer I mentioned there could diabetes, skin cancer, etc. prevention/awareness given attention but I'm not sure that the people now behind the breast cancer/pink takeover would be happy with making room for others now that they have it pretty much monopolized. And...btw.....for years it's been the preeminent (only??) cause given such wide attention by the NFL.....I'm pretty sure most are "aware" of it by now.

https://www.change.org/p/the-nfl-support-prostate-cancer-awareness-funding

"Each September the NFL ignores Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Never has the NFL had their teams display blue ribbons or other items depicting a campaign to raise awareness and funding for the second most deadly cancer affecting men. 1 in 6 men will be afflicted with this dreaded disease. This means an average of 10 men on each NFL team will have to deal with this illness sometime in their lives and many will die from it. "

"THE NFL WEBSITE HAS A SPECIAL SECTION TO BUY PINK RIBBON RELATED ITEMS- FOR AWARENESS AND FUNDRAISING. 705 ITEMS TO BUY TO SUPPORT BREAST CANCER. NOT A SINGLE ITEM TO SUPPORT PROSTATE CANCER. MEN'S HEALTH IS NOT SO IMPORTANT TO THE NFL IT SEEMS "
You will be a happy camper come October

Still wrote back to Goodell, offering a suggestion. He said he hoped the league would consider expanding its annual breast cancer platform during the month of October to raise awareness for other types of cancer, too—a change, the NFL says, that will go into effect starting with the 2017 season.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/13/...th-october-becomes-all-cancer-awareness-month

Four of the guys listed above have never played, but you're bitching about the one person who isn't actually listed up there. Get over it. If you want to start a thread about how hard done by guys are, start a thread in the PoFo and leave it out of here.

Back
Top Bottom