Dolphins bad in prime time games, last nights game had poor ratings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins bad in prime time games, last nights game had poor ratings

I don't want to go political with this but I do have to acknowledge that the kneeling has probably had its effect on the ratings as well.
That's what they are saying so I'm sure it has. If that's true, I wish everyone would kneel, take a nap, do anything other than what they are supposed to do in protest of Roger ****ing Goodell. He's destroyed the sport IMO.

hmmm fans watch regardless...ratings are down because both teams suck....and we suck worse...I used to plan my entire da or night around watching my Dolphins play regardless ....now I can't stomachthe crap they put out...even with the game at 20-16 I went to bed....the play on the field is not good....amateur.....we don't scare or threaten anybody in this league....still my team but so disappointing...embarrassing....

Normally fans would love to have 3 prime time games in a row. We hate it. Get ready for another big fat L to the Panthers this week. Losing Tannehill during the off-season killed us.

Losing Tannehill during the off-season killed us.
Well a lot of us knew that at the time. The season was over when Tannehill went down.

Of course, we also had those very amusing threads claiming Cutler was going to take us to the Super Bowl, or at least facilitate a deep run into the playoffs. Plenty of people thinking that going from Tannehill to Cutler was an upgrade and that it wasn't such a bad thing that Tannehill got injured.

Those threads were funny. What isn't funny is yet another wasted Dolphins season. And if, for whatever reason Tannehill isn't ready to play next year, or if he's not the same QB as he used to be, then all bets are off and this franchise is going to hit bottom once more.

The NFL ratings have been going down for awhile. The kneeling has affected the rating as well as the CTE, but those aren't the biggest problem.

Not need to watch a game when you watch the highlights on Redzone or Sportzone or on your phone.

Boom your life all caught up. The broadcast networks have been scrambling to invent new ways to increasing reported rating. The NFL and NFLPA have been watching since their is that pesky cap to worry about.
http://www.businessinsider.com/tv-execs-point-to-oversaturation-for-nfl-viewership-decline-2017-11

The NFL ratings have been going down for awhile. The kneeling has affected the rating as well as the CTE, but those aren't the biggest problem.

Not need to watch a game when you watch the highlights on Redzone or Sportzone or on your phone.

Boom your life all caught up. The broadcast networks have been scrambling to invent new ways to increasing reported rating. The NFL and NFLPA have been watching since their is that pesky cap to worry about.
http://www.businessinsider.com/tv-execs-point-to-oversaturation-for-nfl-viewership-decline-2017-11

I think Cuban was prophetic with his comments in 2014: https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/3/24/5542442/mark-cuban-nfl-imploding-over-saturation

"When pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered," Cuban said. "And they're getting hoggy. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way. I'm just telling you, when you got a good thing and you get greedy, it always, always, always, always, always turns against you."

Cuban is referring to the NFL's expanding national TV schedule that first began with a Thursday night game -- the games formerly on NFL Network will be broadcast nationally by CBS -- but is stepping even further away from the traditional Sunday-heavy docket. In addition to the well-received Sunday night and Monday night games, the league will play a duo of Saturday games at the end of the 2014 season and, rumor has it, could be looking into playing regular Wednesday night games.

The game is oversaturated. MNF used to be a must-watch event because it had a natural build up... Thursday Night Football is a big mistake not only because the level of play is horrid, but it also oversaturates the league.

theres no disputing the kneelings playing a role in the ratings decrease but thats not the only thing...penalties, commercials, oversaturation is playing its role as well

if the dolphins arent playing i really dont watch as many other games as i used to. Penalties slow the game down, bad calls against less popular teams uneven the playing field (although bad calls are rampant). Commercials, theres just too many. Oversaturation...monday night, thrusday night, sunday morning, sunday afternoon, sunday night....

I like a Thursday night game week 1 to start the season and 3 on Thanksgiving.....Not every week.

Also, Miami has to stop going to London. I don't want any part of that. I know there is $ behind it but we don't need the $.

Miami should demand a home Thursday night game in 2018

such an advantage on a short week to be at home

I like a Thursday night game week 1 to start the season and 3 on Thanksgiving.....Not every week.

Also, Miami has to stop going to London. I don't want any part of that. I know there is $ behind it but we don't need the $.

London is another thing that I think is harming the league. It's a huge detriment to the teams who play those games and leads to that oversaturation problem with early morning games.

I didn’t want to go to the pizza place I normally go to with the family, because of the rowdy raider fans. Turns out that wasn’t a problem. Lol

Back
Top Bottom