Dolphins camp comes into view — as does Patriots fixation | Commentary | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins camp comes into view — as does Patriots fixation | Commentary

This is the Brian Bosworth Syndrome. As SoS has pointed out, players need motivation for each week, especially the non-marquee matchups or divisional ones they usually win. There is a boost to the team confidence by bold brash statements, but it also motivates your opponents. I'd rather Landry didn't say it, but hey, if it makes the difference in winning 2 more games earlier in the season before we even play New England because the players believe in themselves ... then it can be a net positive.

Belichick is smart to use bulletin-board material ... as almost every NFL coaching staff does. The talent difference in this league is not huge like the media would have you believe. Getting your players motivated and having them operating as a team within your scheme is huge.

The Dolphins had the best example of this in a defensive coordinator named Bill Arnsparger. He was phenomenal. His systems weren't hugely better. His players weren't hugely better. Both were very good. But why he always had success was because he made sure that his players knew exactly what to do and drilled it into them until they played almost mental-error-free football, and dominated on defense. Arnsparger put his athletes into roles that utilized their gifts and minimized their weaknesses. Belichick does the same thing.

But at the end of the day, if your guys are playing at 75% of their ability, you're going to lose. Getting them to play at 90% of their ability usually means you'll win. That bulletin-board motivation is important. The regular season is full of games players aren't really motivated for, so it's the duty of the coaching staff to manufacture a real reason to make the player 100% committed to training, 100% committed to learning their opponent and gameplan, and be ready to give 100% on game day.

Question to you bro, how much longer are we supposed to be the Pats *****?

There is only one person who can answer that.

CHgiBx2UYAAeZ7G.jpg

We - and 30 other teams - are their bitch until this man decides he has accomplished enough and retires.

The pats will be favorites in every game this year. Brandon cooks is a much more complete receiver than I gave him credit for. Guy is really good.

There is only one person who can answer that.

CHgiBx2UYAAeZ7G.jpg

We - and 30 other teams - are their ***** until this man decides he has accomplished enough and retires.
Brother no disrespect meant towards you. I am just competitive by nature, and I am tired of losing to them and seeing a cake walk of the AFC East. Have a great weekend! John

The pats will be favorites in every game this year. Brandon cooks is a much more complete receiver than I gave him credit for. Guy is really good.

Yep. Great talent and another nightmare match-up player. Have to have some real speed and tackling ability in the secondary to slow down those New England receivers.

The talent difference in this league is not huge like the media would have you believe.

Bingo. I believe this wholeheartedly.

It's the truth that propels this famous comment from Bum Phillips about the great Don Shula: "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."

It's also why we witness Belichick thrive year in and year out with other team's castoffs while not blinking at the release or departure of his star players that demand large contracts. It's the coaching that provides the biggest difference b/w NFL teams.

It's the truth that propels this famous comment from Bum Phillips about the great Don Shula: "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."

It's also why we witness Belichick thrive year in and year out with other team's castoffs while not blinking at the release or departure of his star players that demand large contracts. It's the coaching that provides the biggest difference b/w NFL teams.

I don't know how many times on here I've seen posters go " I am not wasting valuable picks on trading for any damn coach" whenever there's a vacancy. And yet, getting the coach is the only way to bridge the gap. The only one. You should be prepared to do almost anything for the right guy.

Rob Ninkovich stings the deepest for me...Welker was just stupidity to trade him to New England.

Back
Top Bottom