Dolphins committed to latest logo for now, but will wear throwbacks twice in 2017 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins committed to latest logo for now, but will wear throwbacks twice in 2017

I could see them changing the design to the throwback, but using the current color scheme....remember Ross paid a ton of money to get the seats this shade of aqua.

Hard-Rock-Stadium.jpg

The throwbacks are so fresh. I love how Gase wears the old logo every day on every article of clothing. Gase will get it done as soon as it can be done

Wouldn't put it past Gase to be aware that a lot of the fans prefer that logo and want to ingratiate himself to them.

This is still the best uniform in Dolphins history, though:

dolphins_throwback.jpg

The white version of this uniform -- from the late 80s/early 90s -- wasn't very good. The fact that the orange outline of the numbers was separated from the number made it a bit ugly. But this is the correct shade of aqua. I'll take the '66 throwbacks, they're good. Very green, but good. I like the lines on the shoulders of those jerseys (and the black shoes). Combine those jerseys with this color and you'd have the perfect Dolphins uniform.

I am a huge proponent of going back to the '66 or any other uniform befor the current disaster. The problem I see if you are making money off of it, is it will dry up a revenue stream. Currently they can sell the current jersey and logo, and the throwback. There is a huge contrast so fans buy both. If you switch back and say make the 80 or 90's jersey our throwback it wouldn't have the same appeal as they aren't that different, and they don't pop like the dark '66 color. It will be an interesting choice.

Does anyone buy the current crappy logo? Since the Giant Monday night game the only new logo item I have purchased has been a tank top for my fiancé. This isn't out of protest or anything it just looks so bad in comparison. I have a Wake jersey current logo, I won at a bar next to my Landry throwback, and 2 Marino jerseys, and it just looks so pathetic.

New logo sucks. i wouldnt wear it if i was homeless.
If not the throwbacks, i could get with the logo dkphin has in his avatar

What the article doesn't clearly state is that the team has to stick with the current logo for now as the NFL by Laws require that when a team changes their logo they have to keep it for at least 5 years. The current logo was implemented for the 2013 season, this season would be the 5th using the current logo.

Yea change it back so everyone can bitch that we need something new and fresh

Back
Top Bottom