Dolphins Could Have A Chance At Getting Haskins | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Could Have A Chance At Getting Haskins

Is there a dumber Dolphins beat writer than Omar Kelly?
How does someone that stupid and incompetent keep his job?
He compared Haskins to Bryon Leftwich. Leftwich had a baseball pitchers windup throwing motion and was wildly inaccurate.
Haskins' delivery is about the same as Big Ben's, which they showed clips of. To compare him to Leftwich is just ridiculous.

Haskins is probably more of a well put together and high character Jameis Winston. I think he has a lot of pro potential.

Slimm would you take him this year or gamble for Tua next? I have a hard time believing we will put all of our eggs in the Tua basket.

Slimm would you take him this year or gamble for Tua next? I have a hard time believing we will put all of our eggs in the Tua basket.

Damn right I’d take him. But only if the plan is to let him sit for a year. I think it’s a good situation for him to sit and learn behind a journeyman pro like Fitzpatrick. Especially while they attempt to assemble something that doesn’t resemble 5 turnstiles up front.

Damn right I’d take him. But only if the plan is to let him sit for a year. I think it’s a good situation for him to sit and learn behind a journeyman pro like Fitzpatrick. Especially while they attempt to assemble something that doesn’t resemble 5 turnstiles up front.

I know you'd know this, but for those that don't -- Haskins played behind an inconsistent o-line at the tOSU. He faced a fair amount of pressure this past season yet still produced at a very high level.

Sure, he isn't the most mobile of QB's -- but he's also a tad underrated in that regard. Late in the season the Buckeyes began to run him a bit more via the read option and he made some plays. He was no JT Barrett or Tim Tebow, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. He's no less mobile than Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger or Drew Brees. Whether he can escape pressure, buy time in and around the pocket to extend and make plays at the NFL level like those guys do remains to be seen. But he isn't a stranger to facing pressure and free rushers.

I know you'd know this, but for those that don't -- Haskins played behind an inconsistent o-line at the tOSU. He faced a fair amount of pressure this past season yet still produced at a very high level.

Sure, he isn't the most mobile of QB's -- but he's also a tad underrated in that regard. Late in the season the Buckeyes began to run him a bit more via the read option and he made some plays. He was no JT Barrett or Tim Tebow, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. He's no less mobile than Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger or Drew Brees. Whether he can escape pressure, buy time in and around the pocket to extend and make plays at the NFL level like those guys do remains to be seen. But he isn't a stranger to facing pressure and free rushers.

Absolutely. The right tackle Prince was trash. I watched Carter Coughlin wear that kid out on the edge.

I’ll never forget what seemed like a half dozen sack game he gave up as a freshman against Penn St.

I don’t see many QB’s in the HOF that are spectacular athletes. I think Haskins’ best football is in front of him.

Well I don't know what it will cost to move up but I agree, suck with Fitz, get some nice ammo next yr to build the trenches and roll him out then.

Did anyone watch his pro day?

My god Haskins was sucking wind the whole time. Huffing and puffing like he had the flu and no IV fluids.

That was honestly a pretty big turn-off.

Everything else was pretty impressive.

This is honestly something I do worry about because he just seemed to get heavier through his Ohio State career and then showed up at the Combine slow and overweight. He's been slimming down since the Combine, that much is clear, but it doesn't look like he was doing it in the good way. He's been doing it with diet, not strenuous workouts.

My god Haskins was sucking wind the whole time. Huffing and puffing like he had the flu and no IV fluids.

This is honestly something I do worry about because he just seemed to get heavier through his Ohio State career and then showed up at the Combine slow and overweight. He's been slimming down since the Combine, that much is clear, but it doesn't look like he was doing it in the good way. He's been doing it with diet, not strenuous workouts.

I do agree he looks chunky. I question the 231. I am 5'10" and 230 and hold my weight better than that. My only concern, you are a professional and your body should be your investment. He definitely needs to work on his conditioning.

Absolutely. The right tackle Prince was trash. I watched Carter Coughlin wear that kid out on the edge.

I’ll never forget what seemed like a half dozen sack game he gave up as a freshman against Penn St.

I don’t usually like to trash HS or collegiate athletes, but Prince was pretty bad — especially the season you just mentioned. It eerily reminded me of some Dolphins games in recent years when a certain guard and a certain tackle became human turnstiles.

I only watched highlights but everything I saw and everything I heard and read about it was positive. Said he really tried to focus on showing his mobility and made a lot of throws on the run and rolling outside the pocket. Perhaps that’s why he was a bit winded? IDK.

I don’t see many QB’s in the HOF that are spectacular athletes. I think Haskins’ best football is in front of him.

I think mobility is a great plus for a QB, and it also brings about a slew of challenges as far as decision-making. Run vs Throw, eyes down the field, flee the pocket...Russell Wilson & Deshaun Watson both have athletic mobility and have gotten caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

I'm more interested on how well he navigates a pocket. From my understanding he's pretty good in that regard, as he's grown up in an NFL pocket. I like that about him.

I would be thrilled with Haskins in this draft, but I do not think he gets to 13.

This is Haskins as a FRESHMAN coming off the bench at Michigan. I can’t see anyone not named Tua pulling this off. Legendary.

This is Haskins as a FRESHMAN coming off the bench at Michigan. I can’t see anyone not named Tua pulling this off. Legendary.

A little concerning that he was much lighter and quicker and more mobile that year than he is now at 22 years old, his body should be getting faster and quicker at this stage, not getting slower and more static, he let himself get out of shape..

Just something of note, I’m sure he’s smart enough to understand this simple concept..

Back
Top Bottom