Dolphins could leave WQAM.Howard Stern coming to WQAM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins could leave WQAM.Howard Stern coming to WQAM

Why would WQAM give up sports when it is the leader of the market,established and has good ratings.Other sports stations would pay their eye teeth to have those ratings.WQAM would be giving up this hard earned position without having a competitor in the market.Strange

Neil Rogers does have a good share of the market in his slot and maybe the thinking is that they want to expand that market by adding Stern. (Probably why they have been waffling on Roses contract.) and also keep sports .That might work until a strong sports station gets established (One with Dolphin games)

BlitPhinFan said:
If they simulcast it down there during the same time as up here, then Howard's show runs from 6am until around 10am. EST

Howard is supposed to go off the air at 10 but he usually doesn't until 10:30-11. I know in some markets they take him off at 10 and in others they don't take him off until the show ends. Either way, it wouldn't be a dumb decision for WQAM to have Stern. He gets very high ratings.

iceblizzard69 said:
Howard is supposed to go off the air at 10 but he usually doesn't until 10:30-11. I know in some markets they take him off at 10 and in others they don't take him off until the show ends. Either way, it wouldn't be a dumb decision for WQAM to have Stern. He gets very high ratings.
Yep, that's why I said around 10am. Up here they air the whole show, so it can be anywhere from 4 to 5 hours long. Though recently they seem to be wrapping things up closer to 10-10:30.

I miss Fox Sports Radio.
The Jime Rome show and the Jorge Sedano show to be exact.
Damn you Air America with your Marc Maron, Al Franken, and Jeaneane Garolfolaoflajhhgjgsakldhkgdlolololo!!!11`
:soapbox:

Back
Top Bottom