Dolphins create $17.8 million in cap space with restructurings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins create $17.8 million in cap space with restructurings

Cap increases are fairly consistent. Those numbers might not look as awful a year or two down the road. I believe the cap increase was around 10 million this year, if that stays consistent over the next couple off seasons , might take the sting out somewhat looking at it initially?

Would be a nice thought if the cap increases were for us alone. Cap increases are across the board, so it doesn't really solve that issue...

Those of you trying to be optimistic need to realize one big FACT:

We've been mortgaging the future *WHILE* sucking in the present. We're getting ****ed now and later!

Okay, I guess we shouldn't be optimistic. Let's instead choose to brood while contemplating the "FACT" you've highlighted here.

What player have we mortgaged our future on? I think we cleaned it up more than messed it up.

That's definitely not a certainty. There's a very possible scenario where he's out after this year.

So....you're suggesting that instead of cutting him now, taking the $4mm dead cap hit, and walking away with $16mm in cap space RIGHT NOW...the Dolphins decided to only get $12mm in cap space this year by restructuring him...and make the dead cap hit for cutting him next year $13mm...and that's an actual strategy by the front office?

What is the scenario you envision?

So....you're suggesting that instead of cutting him now, taking the $4mm dead cap hit, and walking away with $16mm in cap space RIGHT NOW...the Dolphins decided to only get $12mm in cap space this year by restructuring him...and make the dead cap hit for cutting him next year $13mm...and that's an actual strategy by the front office?

What is the scenario you envision?

Not at all. I'm simply saying it is not as guaranteed as you say it is that Tannehill is a Fin for the next three years. Didn't Suh have a worse cap hit? Look what happened to him.

Okay, I guess we shouldn't be optimistic. Let's instead choose to brood while contemplating the "FACT" you've highlighted here.

Or be optimistic while contemplating the fact that this team has been absolute garbage for the last 20 years.

I think the PTSD is so rampant among the fan base that every off season people forget what this team has done this century and delude themselves into thinking they're Packer fans or something.

The Dolphins deserve every bit of the criticism we unleash on them. Why reward wrong decision after wrong decision after wrong decision?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom