"Dolphins defensive tackle Kheeston Randall shouldn’t be ignored " | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins defensive tackle Kheeston Randall shouldn’t be ignored "

if you do that you run the risk of losing him to another team... I believe the philosphy is, if you have a young talent that is equal to a vet talent you go with the younger talent every time.

I totally agree. For some reason Ryan Baker keeps making this team. He seems to do nothing but he has makes the team.

Maybe someone can answer this: Can you sign anyone you want off another team's practice squad or DOES THAT PLAYER ALSO HAVE TO AGREE?

i don't think he should be ignored either...i think he's got a major shot of making this 53 and even contributing in a rotational roll this season...frankly i didn't see much difference in his game on tape or with his movement skills and drills work at the combine than i did with guys who went in the 2nd round in a deep interior dline draft class

I totally agree. For some reason Ryan Baker keeps making this team. He seems to do nothing but he has makes the team.

Maybe someone can answer this: Can you sign anyone you want off another team's practice squad or DOES THAT PLAYER ALSO HAVE TO AGREE?

You can sign anyone as long as you put him on the 53-man roster. I think that is how it works.

I'm pretty sure they have to agree. Which they always do, of course.

The key word here is "sign", which is different from "claim".

I'm pretty sure they have to agree. Which they always do, of course.

The key word here is "sign", which is different from "claim".

I wonder if anyone has not went to the team that tried to sign them. There has to be times when they thought the team they were on was the best place for them. Is it possible that we have simply never heard of those who did not sign with a another team?

I decided to look up Ryan Baker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Baker

Ryan Edward Baker (born November 25, 1984 in Indianapolis, Indiana) is an American football defensive end for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League. He was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He played college football at Purdue.

"Ryan is the epitome of a Boilermaker student-athlete. No one works harder than he does - in the classroom, the weight room, the playing field. There are high-motor guys, and then there is 'Bakes.' He takes it to another level."

- Purdue University Head Coach Joe Tiller, October 2, 2008.

"He went in the game and did what Ryan does every day...hustled, went a million miles per hour and found the football."

- Miami Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano concerning Baker's professional debut, November 30, 2009.

“He’s an amoeba. He’s got no bones in his body...I’ll tell you what I love about this guy...If you give him that job, now whatever job you give to Ryan Baker, he’s going to do it 200%."

- Miami Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano concerning Ryan Baker’s versatility, November 4, 2010.

It seems like he just keeps on plugging and making the team.

Spranao and his crew liked Baker... now lets see how the new staff feels about him...

I'm all of rte best man winning the job.

Baker's a pretty solid player actually. He's exactly the kind of guy you want to have at the bottom of your roster because he'll actually come into the game and perform decently. There are a ton of guys teams keep on the bottom of their roster for 'potential' purposes that come into the game and they just plain suck. They're not doing it right, not helping their team.

I like Kheeston. Don't know why he's so inconsistent, but when he's on, he's pretty fun to watch.

I wonder if anyone has not went to the team that tried to sign them. There has to be times when they thought the team they were on was the best place for them. Is it possible that we have simply never heard of those who did not sign with a another team?

To answer your question, yes. Although not common, there have been instances of it. On at least one or more occasions Bill Parcells offered practice squad players a boost in salary if they stayed on the practice squad instead of signing with another team. Some guys have also stayed if they're on the practice squad of Super Bowl caliber teams or think they have a better long term chance with the team they're with.

Back
Top Bottom