Dolphins Doctors examine Long, Dolphins could be preparing offer for Jake Long | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Doctors examine Long, Dolphins could be preparing offer for Jake Long

Jake Long wasn't worth 15 million when he was a younger player.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

He wasn't a bad number 1 pick at a, please let's keep the facts straight, he's not worth what he wants as a fair deal for himself.

Anyone is a bad number one pick if the team that drafted him number one overall has no interest in keeping him and that includes Super MArio also

He did struggle in the zone blocking but that could have been made to look worse with his injuries. I say if he is truly as healthy as he says he is we should give him a 9 mill offer and bring him back. If he improves in his second year in this new system and is healthy he could REALLY boost our offense. Plus it scares me going into the season with no proven players to guard Tannehills blindside. That could be a season long disastrous problem. It's a position that if you are unprepared and undermanned at your whole season will suffer for it. I think with him getting press as a risky pickup we very well may just bring him back. Hell maybe it was the plan all along, feign disinterest, watch his market value drop then surprise everyone and bring him back for a much lower price.

Jake will be back with Miami at a modest price, He isnt going to make what he is looking to make in Free Agency, he is the 4th ranked Tackle in this year's free agency class and is coming off two injury fill years. Plus on top of that there are at least 4 Tackles in the Draft projected to go in the 1st round. No team is going to give someone 12+ million a year when there are 7 better options in front of you in your position, and the rookies are 5 years young and cheap with the new Rookie wage cap

I do expect Jake back with the strong OT class -> it really put the screws to about 4-5 FA tackles -> looking for big money -> i really can't fault Jake for not excelling in the ZBS as it takes faith in your linemates that means coordination with Richie Rich and Pouncey

I do not believe any team can just walk switch to ZBS and excle in one season

The health doesn't scare me as much as the fit in the ZBS. even at $8 million

I'm with you, his skill set clearly does not work in a ZBS. It was stated well before the season (after Philbin took over) and was made evident as the season progressed.

With that said, there's no deny (when healthy) what Jake is capable of. If we can get him for that 7-9 range, then I think we should keep him.

If he's healthy, and hungry, I believe he could still succeed. Not saying its assured, but not impossible.

If not Winston we are looking at but he could sign elswehere by the time we wait for Long.

If Sam Baker does not get signed by Atlanta, we are interested. ZBS in Atlanta.

He may get a 4 year offer for 8-9M similar to what the Giants LT received. that would be fair as long as he is healthy again.

Evidently the purpose of this "tampering window" is to encourage teams to sign their own free agents before actual free agency starts, its just an opportunity for players to gauge their worth on the open market. Just like the circumstances were fantastic for Hartline, they are terrible for Long. I wouldn't be shocked to see an announcement today or tomorrow that we've reached a deal with him.

Back
Top Bottom