Dolphins donate $17,500 to family of football coach killed in Douglas High School shooting | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins donate $17,500 to family of football coach killed in Douglas High School shooting

You have the gall to sit there and point out someone has $$$ and therefore they should do x,y,z with "their" own damn money. Like WTH is that?

What have you done I ask again and stop deflecting and answer the question?
Hit the nail on the head

Come on Ross. I’m happy my team helped, but he can do so much more.

We got guys like LeBron building schools with his foundation and donating 40 million bucks to scholarships.

Drake gave out 1 million to strangers for a music video.

He’s a multi billionaire, he should’ve paid that family way more than that, that man sacrificed himself to save a whole lot of children.
Dolphins saving comas....for....Jar-...

Nah, we just lack big picture focus as an entire organization...but we all knew that.

My heart goes out to Coach Weis. A true hero. Ross was very nice to give them money. He didn't have to do anything. Most complaining he gave 17K. But if he gave 17K to all our hero's. He be broke due to the Armed Services.

Come on Ross. I’m happy my team helped, but he can do so much more.

We got guys like LeBron building schools with his foundation and donating 40 million bucks to scholarships.

Drake gave out 1 million to strangers for a music video.

He’s a multi billionaire, he should’ve paid that family way more than that, that man sacrificed himself to save a whole lot of children.

They couldn't come up with more than 17k? At least make it a round number like 20 or 25

Good Job, Dolphins
After the murderous rampage that left 17 dead in Parkland, Fla., about 20 minutes from the Dolphins' training facility and offices in Davie, Fla., the Miami owner, Stephen Ross, authorized the donation of $100,000 to a Go Fund Me page for the survivors of the mass shooting, pushing the charitable donations past $1 million. But that wasn't all the organization did.

The morning after the shootings happened, Miami's assistant head coach/special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi felt like he had to act. Rizzi, a former college assistant at Rutgers, used to recruit south Florida. He became friendly with a Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School coach, Elliott Bonner, and another Douglas assistant, Aaron Feis. Life moved on, and Rizzi stayed close to Bonner, and when he visited campus recently, Feis gave him a ride on a golf cart out out to see Bonner elsewhere on the expansive campus.

On the day of the shooting, Rizzi heard Feis’ name as one of the victims. He heard Feis might have been killed shielding a student or students. Rizzi felt sick about it. So at a staff meeting the morning after, he told the coaches he was taking up a collection for Feis’ widow, and anything they could do would be appreciated. As the day went on, others in the building heard about the collection, and Dolphins employees stopped by Rizzi's office. What blew him away was a couple of interns in the building handing him $10 and $20 toward the cause.

By the end of the day, Rizzi collected $17,500, and he drove to Parkland to give the money to Aaron Feis’ brother, Ray Feis. From some coaches to the family of another, it was a terrific gesture.

People jump to conclusions....don't know the whole story...then judge....badly...

The effort and love shown here is amazing...I am thankful for the type of people we have working at and around our team...

Another one saying Ross can do more. What have YOU done?

Nobody on this forum is worth multiple billions of dollars.

If Rose can put his money up for the largest single development in NYC then he can do more than a measly 17k to a horrific event in the CITY OF MIAMI.

If I was a billionaire I’d damn sure give more than I needed too.

Nobody on this forum is worth multiple billions of dollars.

If Rose can put his money up for the largest single development in NYC then he can do more than a measly 17k to a horrific event in the CITY OF MIAMI.

If I was a billionaire I’d damn sure give more than I needed too.

Ross didn't contribute the $17,500....

On the day of the shooting, Rizzi heard Feis’ name as one of the victims. He heard Feis might have been killed shielding a student or students. Rizzi felt sick about it. So at a staff meeting the morning after, he told the coaches he was taking up a collection for Feis’ widow, and anything they could do would be appreciated. As the day went on, others in the building heard about the collection, and Dolphins employees stopped by Rizzi's office. What blew him away was a couple of interns in the building handing him $10 and $20 toward the cause.

By the end of the day, Rizzi collected $17,500, and he drove to Parkland to give the money to Aaron Feis’ brother, Ray Feis. From some coaches to the family of another, it was a terrific gesture.

Back
Top Bottom