Dolphins expect changes, with some prominent players at risk | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins expect changes, with some prominent players at risk

If we finish top 10 then an edge de should be in play.

Harris frankly hasn’t validated that top 25 pick yet but they are gonna ask for more from him in 2018 and he’s gonna have to produce.

Wake seems to be showing some age signs too and we want to be in front of that not behind it.

I do know one thing though. If we decline James option and then we go use that top pick on a right tackle I don’t care if said tackle starts out the gate or not it’s not gonna move the needle.

It will still be on the qb more than anything else unless we can dictate in the run game.

I would think a right guard would be the primary oline need this offseason.

We still control Larsen and steen for next year.

They aren’t gonna do anything at the lb level
I agree we will have to make due with LB personnel with hopes Kwon makes difference and we are stuck with the Alonso contract.
On OL, other than Tunsil- all else should be overhauled. James isn't worth 9 Mill and the interior OL is horrific. Guys like Larsen & Sheen are depth guys. They will be exposed over multiple games, that's assuming if they are even able to endure season

If we finish top 10 then an edge de should be in play.

Harris frankly hasn’t validated that top 25 pick yet but they are gonna ask for more from him in 2018 and he’s gonna have to produce.

Wake seems to be showing some age signs too and we want to be in front of that not behind it.

I do know one thing though. If we decline James option and then we go use that top pick on a right tackle I don’t care if said tackle starts out the gate or not it’s not gonna move the needle.

It will still be on the qb more than anything else unless we can dictate in the run game.

I would think a right guard would be the primary oline need this offseason.

We still control Larsen and steen for next year.

They aren’t gonna do anything at the lb level

Well, last year we were 8th in yards per play at 5.8. This year, 31st at 4.5.

I think you can easily make the case that we would have a functional offense again in 2018 if we:

1) Get our quarterback healthy
2) Retain Landry
3) Find some production to equal what we got from Dion Sims at the TE position
4) Get a decent RB to split carries with Drake
5) Replace Bushrod

Point #1 should happen naturally. Point #2 should not be too difficult considering the franchise tag option. Point #3 is going to require work. Point #4 should not be a big deal, as there are plenty of serviceable running backs to be found in the draft or FA. Point #5, well, you'd think this would not be too hard but we're the Dolphins.

Another negative for this team. Only two teams(Colts and Browns)have a worse point differential for the season which is no surprised. We've been bad on both sides of the ball

Ozzy rules!!

I'm not sure simply replacing Bushrod fixes this OL. The entire interior OL has been really subpar. Also james at 9 Mill. Not surehis play warrants that $$$

I also think they will bank on continued development of their dts. Those kids show enough and Phillips has played better football this year and they control all of them for 2018 at peanuts

Branches contract does however impact a de add with the top pick though unless it’s the obvious bpa scenario and no one else close
I'm still not sold on Phillips right now hoops. His improved play is like saying he has improved from terrible to not very good. I thought he would have been further along after all his big talk during his press conference before the season started.

I'm still not sold on Phillips right now hoops. His improved play is like saying he has improved from terrible to not very good. I thought he would have been further along after all his big talk during his press conference before the season started.

It’s dt the leash is as long as they come and 330 lbers with his movement skills are rare

Hey Brochacho, class three strain by any chance. If so, might want to have a Doppler done, make sure there are no DVT's floating around. Usually it is "standard of care" but sometime the fine insurance companies "forget".

The Ever Talking From Experience VIPER

Nope complete tear confirmed

You know you are getting old when you tear a calf trying to inpersonate Larry bird playing pick up basketball

It’s a daily life stress relief what I can I say

Well, last year we were 8th in yards per play at 5.8. This year, 31st at 4.5.

I think you can easily make the case that we would have a functional offense again in 2018 if we:

1) Get our quarterback healthy
2) Retain Landry
3) Find some production to equal what we got from Dion Sims at the TE position
4) Get a decent RB to split carries with Drake
5) Replace Bushrod

Point #1 should happen naturally. Point #2 should not be too difficult considering the franchise tag option. Point #3 is going to require work. Point #4 should not be a big deal, as there are plenty of serviceable running backs to be found in the draft or FA. Point #5, well, you'd think this would not be too hard but we're the Dolphins.

I meant to say this earlier but I’m amazed our ypp is only down 1.3 considering how bad our execution has been

I think you will see a complete overhaul at TE.

So 3 entirely new pieces huh. A flex a in line and an h back.

I’d bet gray survives as the h back. It’s gonna be hard enough to replace flex and in line in one offseason barring vet add.

But it does look like they see gray as a 3rd tight end over the long haul

B/t I saw Harris getting run on both strong and weak side de that’s not a mirage it’s cause they are banking on that kid being a major player in 2018

He’s getting reps on both sides.

I would expect his snap total to take a major jump next year

I think it’s gonna be hard to replace starting caliber left and right guards this offseason but it depends on how gase feels about larsen and steen. Just know even top o lines make due with one obvious weakness

Julius Thomas production to date has been just about all scheme driven although his coverage reads I’ve found pretty solid.

It doesn’t look hard to replace I just struggle with barring a mismatch iso option out the gate how much it moves the needle

There are times Harris does set the edge, though. He can improve for sure but he’s not as bad as his college reputation indicated. I think an edge defender is still a need and I’m not ruling it out in the top ten.

I will say, he’s got a nice motor. He plays hard and that gives him a chance.

No picks from our boundary corners, right? McCain has one but I think Tank and and 25 are oh-fers.

Biggest hole I see in Harris game is that his lack of speed shows up in pursuit. It was exposed last week when he lost contain on newton and how he couldn’t close and today I saw a play he was chasing from the backside that went for more yards than it should although tank was late too to come forward on the play

He was off the ball likely in run contain very late on that one chop of the tackles hands and hit on the qb today.

That’s likely about run responsibility though

Back
Top Bottom