Dolphins extend Raheem Mostert | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins extend Raheem Mostert

We’re fundamentally limited on offense, that’s why
The ball needs to be spread the **** out
Let’s see if this year McD gets his head out of his ass does just that
If you’re a good playcaller you learn, grow and adapt
This is why my honeymoon with Tyreek Hill is over. In his interview on his podcast last month, Hill said Tua and himself would get into verbal altercations on GameDay and then not talk for days afterwards.

I may be totally off base but my gut tells me Hill is demanding the ball so much during game time it's actually hurting this offense. Other QBs in the past who have had diva WRs often improve statistically when the diva leaves the team because they are finally able to spread the ball around and actually run the offense the way its designed.

Needless to say, a bargain for what he brings to the table

This was the one thing we could use to be at the very least as good as last year, but I was unsure if it would happen.

Thought Mostert might retire or try to get a better contract somewhere else after the year he had.

Very happy to see him sign. With Achane, this is again a huge issue for defenses to deal with...Especially if what they do to fix the line works.

By your math he’s missed….3 games? Let’s say 4 games in TWO years and that makes him unreliable?

16 games plus 1 play off
17 games play 1 play off

35 games total - 4 give 31 games

That translates to 88% availablity at one of the most brutal positions in the NFL.

Someone, help it make sense for me.
Are you aware of the totality of his career or just the last 2 years? We have been fortunate to get 2 of if not the two healthiest years of his career. He will be 32 in the coming year. What exactly is not making sense? I’m glad we have him but we need more in that RB room is all I’m saying. Counting on Mostert/ Achane to be healthy all year and particularly down the stretch isn’t wise. We need another guy to take a lot of snaps to keep our speed guys fresh and as healthy as possible.

Are you aware of the totality of his career or just the last 2 years? We have been fortunate to get 2 of if not the two healthiest years of his career. He will be 32 in the coming year. What exactly is not making sense? I’m glad we have him but we need more in that RB room is all I’m saying. Counting on Mostert/ Achane to be healthy all year and particularly down the stretch isn’t wise. We need another guy to take a lot of snaps to keep our speed guys fresh and as healthy as possible.

Why does it matter his prior years before us?

As of now, the years with us, he’s proven to be durable.

Why does it matter his prior years before us?

As of now, the years with us, he’s proven to be durable.
Why does a player’s injury history matter? Why does a player’s age matter? Common, I think you’re just arguing to argue.

This is why my honeymoon with Tyreek Hill is over. In his interview on his podcast last month, Hill said Tua and himself would get into verbal altercations on GameDay and then not talk for days afterwards.

I may be totally off base but my gut tells me Hill is demanding the ball so much during game time it's actually hurting this offense. Other QBs in the past who have had diva WRs often improve statistically when the diva leaves the team because they are finally able to spread the ball around and actually run the offense the way its designed.
Maybe so, but I would also say that unless Tyreek descended into personal attack level of bitching, Tua has to be the bigger, non diva person, chalk it up to THill's super competitive nature, and move on. The not communicating for days afterwords is pointless and counterproductive. He also can't aquiess to Hill's game day demands.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the "diva" personality here. Just saying Tua can't allow himself to be swayed in his decision making on GameDay and he shouldn't carry on the animosity for days following.

On the other hand, if Tyreek did get personal, saying his mom is a whore, or Hawaiians are pu$$ies, for example, my advice would be punch him in the mouth, knock him on his a$$ and move on.

Either way, move on. Anything else is taking his eyes and focus off the prize and ultimately the goal

3.7 million for a guy that touches the ball and was as productive as he was is a good and fair deal. Inevitably he’ll be hurt this year, it was shocking that he stayed healthy most of last year, but sometimes you have to do good by a guy that carried your team like he did.

Maybe so, but I would also say that unless Tyreek descended into personal attack level of bitching, Tua has to be the bigger, non diva person, chalk it up to THill's super competitive nature, and move on. The not communicating for days afterwords is pointless and counterproductive. He also can't aquiess to Hill's game day demands.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the "diva" personality here. Just saying Tua can't allow himself to be swayed in his decision making on GameDay and he shouldn't carry on the animosity for days following.

On the other hand, if Tyreek did get personal, saying his mom is a whore, or Hawaiians are pu$$ies, for example, my advice would be punch him in the mouth, knock him on his a$$ and move on.

Either way, move on. Anything else is taking his eyes and focus off the prize and ultimately the goal
I agree that Tua needs to handle these situations better but there becomes a point where Tyreek drops another huge TD here, has another off field media storm there and then he losses an ounce of his explosivity on the field and he quickly isn't worth the squeeze.

Tyreek needs to look in the mirror some too, he droped some huge balls down the stretch.

I love watching Tyreek on Sundays, I just wish he would grow up a little off the field.

Tyreek was a huge diva in KC getting to SBs with Mahomes and Reid before Miami. What do you think he’s yapping in the huddle to Tua and McD? lol

“Hill recently opened up about why he left the Chiefs on the debut episode of his new podcast, and says part of the reason was the Kansas City not utilizing him enough.

Hill said he did not want to become a "diva," but was surprised by the team's offensive approach.

"If teams are gonna give us favorable one-on-one matches against their best corner, I don't see why teams don't utilize their best receiver," Hill said. "And that's where probably like me and the Chiefs fell apart right there. When I'm like, yo, I don't mean to talk or be a diva in some situation, but can I see the pill some time, please? Just give me the ball, please."”

Source

That’s Tyreek “not being a diva” with KC in 2021 when he was 3rd in receptions at 111 with 159 targets. I can’t imagine what impact Hill spouting off about breaking 2K yards had on the huddle…

Back
Top Bottom