Dolphins First Pick…Tyler Eifert! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins First Pick…Tyler Eifert!

If you look at what Miami has invested in Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas, they might as well have taken Ingram because they'd be better off.

Ireland has invested a 2nd rounder (#62 overall), a 3rd rounder (#79 overall), a 4th rounder (#97 overall), another 4th rounder (#103 overall), a 5th rounder (#146 overall), a 6th rounder (#196 overall), a 6th rounder in 2013, and a 7th rounder (#217 overall) in two trade ups for Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller.

So far Miami has gotten a combined 1,156 yards and 5 TD's rushing between the both of 'em. Ingram alone has 1,076 yards and 10 TD's rushing for the Saints despite the fact that Ingram has been hampered by the Saints approach of constantly shuffling the backs. None of their backs get consistent carries, and only Sproles gets more than token appearances.

Trent Richardson broke Jim Brown's team rookie rushing record that had stood since 1957, and scored 12 TD's despite playing injured all season. To go along with 51 receptions out of the backfield. Only 5 backs in the league had more receptions. Besides the fact that there was nowhere else for Cleveland to go with the #3 pick to begin with, Cleveland won't be regretting the selection any time soon. Hell, the league is already changing their rules because of how he came in and punished it's tacklers. All the talk leading up to last year's draft about how Richardson wasn't worth a top 15-20 pick turned out to be just as ridiculous as it sounded then.

If you could trade down and know you're going to come away with Eifert is one thing. But finding a trade partner is difficult. Especially when there's no quarterback that teams are willing to trade up for. Eifert is worth the 12th pick as much as anybody else that's going to be available after 11 players have come off the board.

I have no problem with Miami selecting Eifert at #12 - if they have that strong of a conviction, like they had last year with Tannehill at #9, then I'm good with it. In fact, I'd be okay with Jonathan Cooper at #12, despite being as guard, if they have that kind of conviction. I don't like trading down for "value." If you like the guy and he can help your team, just draft him.

If you look at what Miami has invested in Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas, they might as well have taken Ingram because they'd be better off.

Ireland has invested a 2nd rounder (#62 overall), a 3rd rounder (#79 overall), a 4th rounder (#97 overall), another 4th rounder (#103 overall), a 5th rounder (#146 overall), a 6th rounder (#196 overall), a 6th rounder in 2013, and a 7th rounder (#217 overall) in two trade ups for Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller.

So far Miami has gotten a combined 1,156 yards and 5 TD's rushing between the both of 'em. Ingram alone has 1,076 yards and 10 TD's rushing for the Saints despite the fact that Ingram has been hampered by the Saints approach of constantly shuffling the backs. None of their backs get consistent carries, and only Sproles gets more than token appearances.

Trent Richardson broke Jim Brown's team rookie rushing record that had stood since 1957, and scored 12 TD's despite playing injured all season. To go along with 51 receptions out of the backfield. Only 5 backs in the league had more receptions. Besides the fact that there was nowhere else for Cleveland to go with the #3 pick to begin with, Cleveland won't be regretting the selection any time soon. Hell, the league is already changing their rules because of how he came in and punished it's tacklers. All the talk leading up to last year's draft about how Richardson wasn't worth a top 15-20 pick turned out to be just as ridiculous as it sounded then.

If you could trade down and know you're going to come away with Eifert is one thing. But finding a trade partner is difficult. Especially when there's no quarterback that teams are willing to trade up for. Eifert is worth the 12th pick as much as anybody else that's going to be available after 11 players have come off the board.

I totally agree with you on this

Imo like many others have stated the gap between available players at 10 to 25 is very minimal.While I do understand value pick you have to ask yourself.1 Is the pick the best at his position?Check. 2 Does he fill a need?Check.3 Will he produce Tds in your offense?Check.He could very well be best value pick for Miami.:D

Eifort has been my guy. But I know Ireland doesn't have the mental IQ to do such a thing. He'll go the safe route like he always does. Like a little bitch.

the day before the draft will help .we will know what holes are left to fill.

hard to decide right now knowing that we still need a 2 CB,DE,2 OT,OG,RB and TE.that 8 picks and we have 11 total.

Tyler Eifert is a very nice player. There's nothing about him that jumps off the page. As much as I like Eifert, he's not worth that pick. This is your first pick.

Agreed & I like Eifert too. I must not be feeling well; I'm advocating Miami draft an offensive skill player from South Bend. :d-day:

If DL's (specifically DT's) start coming off the board then Dallas may be the ideal trade partner. Why? I've heard that the Boys are big on Sheldon Richardson as the 3 technique in Kiffin's D.

I'm a diehard ND fan. Eifert is legit. He would really help the Dolphins passing game.

No one is going to draft Eifert at #12. So it's pointless for you to do that. It's plain dumb.

If Eifert is your guy an you know you can get him later, you trade back. Someone is always willing to come up. You don't draft a guy at a bad spot just because. You have to get value with your picks
Patriots have been doing this for years. It's not rocket surgery.

Rocket surgery :lol:

hard to decide right now knowing that we still need a 2 CB,DE,2 OT,OG,RB and TE.that 8 picks and we have 11 total.

what a bunch of hyperbole. DE is not a need, however, I wouldn't pass up a chance at drafting an elite talent. We also do not need TWO OT's (that's your opinion).
DT is not a need, but if Lotulei or Floyd fall to 12, I would draft them in a heartbeat, then try to trade Starks, Odrick or Soliai for another 2nd or 3rd rd pick (or possibly to trade up in rd 2).
My feeling is that they should stand pat at 12. I have a feeling Geno Smith and Matt Barkley are going top 10. That means a potential elite player will fall to us. If not, then we could try to trade down a few spots and grab and Eifert or Tavon Austin. If we go offense in rd 1, then I would go CB and CB in rd 2. Then look for TE in rd 3 (Escobar or Kelce). The rest of the draft would be for O-line, RB and depth.

Agreed & I like Eifert too. I must not be feeling well; I'm advocating Miami draft an offensive skill player from South Bend. :d-day:

If DL's (specifically DT's) start coming off the board then Dallas may be the ideal trade partner. Why? I've heard that the Boys are big on Sheldon Richardson as the 3 technique in Kiffin's D.

This. I have also heard rumors that the boys are high on richardson. It would be awesome to trade with them get their 18th overall pick and possibly a second or 3rd. Then you draft Eifert at 18 and you trade back into the 1st round with your choice of now 5 picks in round 2 and 3 to take the next BPA for your team.

I'm good with Eifert, Johnson, Austin, Patterson or Trufant at 12.

I really like Eifert, I also think Patterson is much more in play than many think...We could use him as a situational playmaker this year, and develop him as a stud for next year and beyond.

I like Zach Ertz, he can be a good blocker with some work on finishing blocks, and he is already a very good move TE. But I see him a lot like a Coby Fleener in that he's good but not great. Fleener is faster but Ertz is more physical.

Eifert reminds me of Tony Gonzalez. The thing about Tyler Eifert, is that he's got it all. He is the best red zone threat in this draft, and I think will become one of the best red zone threats in the league. Eifert is fast enough to get open down the seam, but he's also got Anquan Boldin hands and is the best catcher in traffic in this draft, and instantly becomes one of the best catchers in traffic in the NFL. His length and lift allows Tannehill to drop balls into him almost at will, so 3rd downs, 2:00 minute drills, inside the red zone, blitz check downs ... Eifert is honestly always open with an accurate QB like Tannehill.

I could definitely see us taking him at 12, and I'd be ecstatic if we did. There's talk (smokescreen) of Tampa Bay taking a TE at #13, but I don't see it. Even if they do end up with Revis, I can see them taking Xavier Rhodes. He would be a great fit for them. Otherwise, I think Eifert falls to the early 20's. My prediction is that there will be lots of draft day trades. If so, any number of teams could trade into the teens to take Eifert, so trading down is definitely risky. But, if Minnesota wanted to trade up to get Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson, I'd jump at the chance to trade our #12 and #42 for their #23 and #25. We could pick up Tyler Eifert and Justin Hunter, giving us two tremendous red zone targets and guys with good speed for the positions.

We need a consistent redzone threat a big guy that can go down the middle and Eifert is that guy. IMO Eifert will have greater impact to the team than one of the tackles. I would take Eifert at 12, that being said if I could pick up another 2nd rd pick and not move down to far I would take that kind of trade first.

Back
Top Bottom