Dolphins First Pick…Tyler Eifert! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins First Pick…Tyler Eifert!

I do agree with you JCane that trading down and picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder would be ideal. #12 might be a SLIGHTLY too high, however I truly believe that Eifert has Jimmy Graham type ability and hindsight being 20/20 if you had a crystal ball 3 years ago I bet everybody would have no problems taking Jimmy Graham at #12 based on his production.

Either way, it should be a crazy first round with a TON of movement. Hopefully we cash in whether its a trade up or down.

You want a Red Zone target take a look at Escobar...will not cost you a #1 either. Good seam threat and player.

Not so sure about that Hayden. When we look at Escobar on film, nothing about him seems fast or quick. He just seems like an unexplosive regular big-bodied TE. In the NFL being a seam threat requires more than Escobar has shown me, and he has no particular lift so he's more of a straight size guy.

On the other hand, Ertz shows me burst down the seam that Escobar doesn't. In fact, Travis Kelce shows a burst too and Vance McDonald is a physical specimen. Escobar wouldn't make my top 5 TE's based on the tape. Eifert though, he's a monster with length, lift, speed, superior strength to come down with the ball in traffic, and everything you want from a red zone target and a seam threat. Eifert projects to a Tony Gonzalez type of TE, and to me, that's definitely worth the #12.

Back
Top Bottom