"Dolphins have a pre-draft trade agreement with Cowboys?" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins have a pre-draft trade agreement with Cowboys?"

By nonsense, hopefully you don't mean the two 2nd rounders we gave for one of the best receivers in the league?

Really? What I was referring to was the AJ Feeley and Daunte Culpepper screwjobs that we wasted 2 2nd rounders to get, not to mention a few others. While it doesn't fall on the current regime, but damn am I sick of the FO wasting picks. With needs at RB, QB, TE, OL I would hope that they would be smarter with the picks this time around.

jags could go qb a #16 but i'm not buying it...i think its 4-3 de...bowers if he's there aldon smith or kerrigan

the jags are said to really like andy dalton

What do they say, "One who does not learn from the past is doomed to repeat it." This is exactly a Dumbstadt move. Already being pick deficient, we are going to further lose picks rather than being prudent. I will lose all hope for this team if they start doing this again.

Don't know if he was GM in 2008, but wasn't he in the mix when Jville traded up from 18 to 8 in the 2008 draft to select Derrick Harvey? I figure if they have a QB they like in mind, they may be willing to do the same. That team has always done things a little different from other teams.

No. Gene Smith became Jacksonville's GM in 2009.

No. Gene Smith became Jacksonville's GM in 2009.

I know he was still in the Jacksonville organization if I'm not mistaken, high level scout guy or something . . . I'm sure his analysis played some factor in the team wanting Derrick Harvey at 8, and moving up 10 spots to get him. All I'm saying is, even that little tidbit would suggest they are more likely to trade up rather than this team, without a 2nd round pick . . . wanting to acquire a 2nd round pick and still trying to trade up. Just doesn't seem likely. This regime likes it's 1st to 5th round picks, I don't see them attempting to lose those picks unless there are players/starters involved like we did in 2008 with Fasano/Ayodele and giving up just a 4th.

This screams smokescreen . . . hell we still don't know why Jerry was sick, what was wrong with Crowder at the beginning of the year and why didn't Chad Henne go on IR after the injury in the Tennessee game. Crowder and Henne were supposed to be done for the year and Jerry was supposed to be good. Don't trust these guys for anything . . . they want to move down by any means necessary, unless a guy they love falls into their laps at 15.

Back
Top Bottom