Dolphins Have Easiest Strength of Schedule in AFC East & 24th Toughest In League | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Easiest Strength of Schedule in AFC East & 24th Toughest In League

Good to hear.

I think the AFC South is going to be difficult to predict. The Colts have their young QB returning. The Jaguars should be making adjustments. The Texans are now good. And of course we lost to the Titans last year where our offense really struggled badly so we can't feel too confident there either, LOL.

I still think everything's a moot point if we don't start winning the AFC East and that means beating the Bills. Until we're doing that regularly we aren't a relevant force in the AFC.

I like that better than running the gauntlet all season, but who ever knows. Teams change so much from year to year and even during the year. Getting a healthy team when they're hot is much different than the same team banged up after being on a road stretch.

I mean hey, would you have wanted to deal with the jets for the four plays Rodgers was in. Lol

I am surprised that we only have the 24th toughest schedule. On paper it seems like a very difficult schedule.

Excluding our own division.

AFC games @ Texans, @ Browns, @ Colts. 2 of the 3 were playoff teams and the Colts were on the playof cusp with a backup QB.

NFC games 49ers, @ Rams @ Packers and @ Seahawks. 3 of the 4 were playoff teams and Seattle is one of the toughest venues.

The key to our success will be to dominate our own division which we need to win anyway. I am thinking 5-1 or 6-0.

I am surprised that we only have the 24th toughest schedule. On paper it seems like a very difficult schedule.

Excluding our own division.

AFC games @ Texans, @ Browns, @ Colts. 2 of the 3 were playoff teams and the Colts were on the playof cusp with a backup QB.

NFC games 49ers, @ Rams @ Packers and @ Seahawks. 3 of the 4 were playoff teams and Seattle is one of the toughest venues.

The key to our success will be to dominate our own division which we need to win anyway. I am thinking 5-1 or 6-0.
I bet you anything that this ranking is because of the AFC East as it stands this year. Those teams we play twice and they probably feel it will be a down year next year. They are probably thinking the Bills will take a step back, the Patriots 1st year with no Bill and a rookie QB and the Jets will, well you know, be the Jets. lol We all know that anything can happen in divisional games and it won't be that easy.

That’s encouraging and all, but unless they remove all playoff/good teams from their schedule, we’ll still be disappointed…until proven otherwise. Really hoping 2024 is the year they make that jump.

Pre-season SOS lists are good for seeing how wrong they were at the end of the season. Does CJ have a sophomore slump? Does Rodgers have an MVP season? Do the Jags implode again? Do the Dolphins ascend to the next level? Too many variables to predict anything.

That strength of schedule stuff isn't what it was before. Too many teams shift nowadays during the offseason and what might've seemed easy becomes a nightmare in difficulty for one reason or another...

They can take the easy schedule stuff and

Fuck Off Star Trek GIF

Our schedule will end up harder than last year, simply due to regression to the mean. How much harder, as everyone mentions, is hard to predict. Every year you want to play the AFC South - but this year it actually looks pretty hard.
@circumstances does not disagree.

Good to hear.

I think the AFC South is going to be difficult to predict. The Colts have their young QB returning. The Jaguars should be making adjustments. The Texans are now good. And of course we lost to the Titans last year where our offense really struggled badly so we can't feel too confident there either, LOL.

I still think everything's a moot point if we don't start winning the AFC East and that means beating the Bills. Until we're doing that regularly we aren't a relevant force in the AFC.
Agree about beating the Bills.
We must be a minimum of 4-2 in our division and that means sweeping someone. Pats might be easiest to sweep.
I think the Colts are beatable. Richardson only played like 10 QB games in college and maybe 5 last year before hurt (better double check my memory).
We collapsed against the Titans more so than they beat us.
One play at a time and one game at a time but we should be in every game.

Agree about beating the Bills.
We must be a minimum of 4-2 in our division and that means sweeping someone. Pats might be easiest to sweep.
I think the Colts are beatable. Richardson only played like 10 QB games in college and maybe 5 last year before hurt (better double check my memory).
We collapsed against the Titans more so than they beat us.
One play at a time and one game at a time but we should be in every game.
Lol Richardson scares the piss out of me personally. He's got potential through the roof.

Our schedule will end up harder than last year, simply due to regression to the mean. How much harder, as everyone mentions, is hard to predict. Every year you want to play the AFC South - but this year it actually looks pretty hard.
Fortunately the rest of the division also has to play them.

This is based entirely on how the teams they are scheduled to play this coming season performed in the 2023 season. So while on paper the schedule might appear to be easier than many other teams in the league. It is still a one game at a time sport and it won’t surprise me in the least if some of the teams they play this coming season are much better than they were in 2023.

Back
Top Bottom