Dolphins Have Easiest Strength of Schedule in AFC East & 24th Toughest In League | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Easiest Strength of Schedule in AFC East & 24th Toughest In League

Last year their schedule was ranked one of the toughest and it turned out to be pretty light with NE/NYJ/Den/LAC etc being crappy teams.

I think this might be misleading. Throw the Pats out, because they don't get to play themselves. Jets/Bills/Dolphins all play the Pats twice. Beyond that, Jets/Bills/Dolphins should all have roughly the same schedule, with only 1 or 2 games being different, I forget how it all works. Point being, the differences in the schedules vs their AFC east competition is very small. Granted that one game often matters. If the Bills get KC, and instead the Dolphins get a chump team (which I doubt I suspect we get someone decent), it could matter. But without specifics, tough for me to think there is much real difference. Then of course, you are relying on last year, when you never really know for sure who is good and bad until the season gets going. Do you have the specifics of where the Dolphins schedule is actually different from the Jets and Bills?
They have differences in their schedules regarding which teams are away and which ones are home which could make a substantial difference for their 11 games not against AFCE opponents.

Last year their schedule was ranked one of the toughest and it turned out to be pretty light with NE/NYJ/Den/LAC etc being crappy teams.
Sure. It's just a snapshot of how the teams they are facing did last year. It of course has no bearing to which teams will be good or bad this year. The entire strength of schedule argument is largely out the window in terms of any meaning by week 4.

Jets play 3rd place teams, we play 2nd and Bills play 1st. That's in it's simplest form, outside of the 3 divisions that we all play (AFC East, another AFC division and a NFC division). Too lazy to look those divisions up.
yes thanks. and is that only 1 game where the schedules differ and everything else is the same

The Strength of Schedule is based on last year and not how much these teams improved this year via the draft and FA.

The games against The Titans, Raiders, and Cardinals are not going to be a cake walk

Good to hear.

I think the AFC South is going to be difficult to predict. The Colts have their young QB returning. The Jaguars should be making adjustments. The Texans are now good. And of course we lost to the Titans last year where our offense really struggled badly so we can't feel too confident there either, LOL.

I still think everything's a moot point if we don't start winning the AFC East and that means beating the Bills. Until we're doing that regularly we aren't a relevant force in the AFC.

Ahhh my pet peeve. Your use of "moot" is so confusing.

Strength of schedule is completely meaningless. Or as meaningless as ranking schedules by Scrabble points of the opponents' mascots.

Look at the Chargers. Are the Saints and Bucs really as challenging as the Bengals? Strength of schedule says so. They play Panthers and the random 17th game is away at AZ. That last sentence locks them into having an " easy schedule" despite only accounting for 2 games.

Or the Bengals have an easy schedule because their 17th game happens to be the Panthers.

Or Dolphins have the easist schedule in the East because playing Browns and Packers vs Steelers and Vikings doesnt make up for the Dolphins x Jets win differential.

I honestly don’t think there is an easy schedule in the NFL.

These are large men who are the best at what they do. On any given Sunday any team can beat another team.

Easy. No.

I see 3 levels of competition. Games I'm inclined are losses. Games against somewhat level competition. Potential upsets

The Dolphins are tied for 24th for strength of schedule based on last year’s opponent win percentage. That’s the way most strength-of-schedule is measured in the off-season. The more accurate way is based on Vegas’s win projections for teams, as analyst Warren Sharp does it. That gives the Dolphins the eighth-easiest schedule behind Atlanta, Los Angeles Chargers, Chicago, New York Jets, New Orleans, Cincinnati and Indianapolis. The good news: Lots of AFC teams have tough schedules. The five toughest schedules are Pittsburgh, New England, Cleveland, Minnesota and Baltimore.

The Dolphins are tied for 24th for strength of schedule based on last year’s opponent win percentage. That’s the way most strength-of-schedule is measured in the off-season. The more accurate way is based on Vegas’s win projections for teams, as analyst Warren Sharp does it. That gives the Dolphins the eighth-easiest schedule behind Atlanta, Los Angeles Chargers, Chicago, New York Jets, New Orleans, Cincinnati and Indianapolis. The good news: Lots of AFC teams have tough schedules. The five toughest schedules are Pittsburgh, New England, Cleveland, Minnesota and Baltimore.

My eyes hurt now......

At least it wasn't caps lock.......lol

Back
Top Bottom