Dolphins Head Coach Joe Philbin has retained Special Team Coach Darren Rizzi | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Head Coach Joe Philbin has retained Special Team Coach Darren Rizzi

Clyde Gates was 13th in the NFL in avg KR, Davone Bess was 5th in the NFL in PR Avg, Brandon Fields was 3rd in the NFL in Punt Average and 4th in NET Avg, Dan Carpenter went 29-34 on FG's which is 85.3%, We ranked 10th in covering Kickoffs and 13th covering Punt Returns, and we blocked a punt for a TD this year.

How did that suck?

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Again, Bess was 5th in the NFL this year in PR Avg, thats pretty good for useless.

People on here never let facts get in the way of an opportunity to show their a$$ in public. your facts will just confuse and irritate them.

Well played by Philbin: demonstrating that he's sufficiently open-minded to rehire an off-the-radar low-profile coach who merits being retained - while replacing most everyone else including Bowles

I always LOL when i see someone defend a special teams coordinator by putting up stats showing about how great the punter and kicker are.

How is kicking and punting not have to do with special teams as a whole? The unit still has to work together to achieve those stats... especially the net punt avg (do you know what that is?). How well do you think fields or carpenter would do with poor blocking, snapping, or holding? You don't think that the ST coach has to coach these things as well?

Our special teams coach did a better job with his unit, than our defense back coach did with his, and people here wanted him to be the head coach or dc. You can't fix everything in 1 year and this is the least of our problems.

Our special teams coach did a better job with his unit, than our defense back coach did with his, and people here wanted him to be the head coach or dc. You can't fix everything in 1 year and this is the least of our problems.

Totally agree. You can only be judged on what you do with your groceries, or how you did better than your predecessor with the same groceries.

Keep Rizzi, lose Bowles, sign Kevin Coyle.

I'm cool with this. As mentioned, our special teams were surprisingly pretty good. I like to have some continuity somewhere, too.

Back
Top Bottom