Dolphins hiring Joe Barry | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hiring Joe Barry

Some idiots are bashing the hire because he was a bad DC. Chambers is saying as a LB coach he is a great hire, if it would have been as a DC then ya horrible.

Basically Barry is a great LB/position coa h who just wasn't a good DC. But people need to complain about something so.
The world is full of people in jobs one-step higher than they should've gotten, where they eventually fail (unless you're a govt employee, then failure gets you a promotion).

Just like not every coach can be an HC, not every coach can be a DC, and win. Just have to wait and see.

Some idiots are bashing the hire because he was a bad DC. Chambers is saying as a LB coach he is a great hire, if it would have been as a DC then ya horrible.

Basically Barry is a great LB/position coa h who just wasn't a good DC. But people need to complain about something so.

I was referencing the "Fire McDaniel" part.

Whether Joe Barry turns into Butch Barry for the defense remains to be scene. Joe Barry appears to have an excellent track record as a LB coach. He's been apart of some of the best defenses on several occasions as a position coach. That has to mean something. And hopefully Joe Barry can coach Miami's LB's into becoming a better overall unit.

As for Campanile. He's well respected. And will be fine. But unfortunately after being passed over for the DC position in Miami, twice; it was inevitable he'd want a change of scenery. The new DC in Green Bay may have some familiarity with Campanile as well. For whatever reasons, McDaniel passed on Campanile for other options. That's on him. Hopefully he's right, once again with his decision to hire Weaver and Barry.

Whether Joe Barry turns into Butch Barry for the defense remains to be scene. Joe Barry appears to have an excellent track record as a LB coach. He's been apart of some of the best defenses on several occasions as a position coach. That has to mean something. And hopefully Joe Barry can coach Miami's LB's into becoming a better overall unit.

As for Campanile. He's well respected. And will be fine. But unfortunately after being passed over for the DC position in Miami, twice; it was inevitable he'd want a change of scenery. The new DC in Green Bay may have some familiarity with Campanile as well. For whatever reasons, McDaniel passed on Campanile for other options. That's on him. Hopefully he's right, once again with his decision to hire Weaver and Barry.
I would assume this was Weavers get and not Mike's. Surely the DC has 97 percent of the final say who he works with on D?

Assuming the math works out, and the guy isnt a total idiot, mike likely rubber stamped it without too much worry.

Packers fans are unanimously happy to see him go as their DC

It’s a possibility that he’s a better teacher then play caller

I learned my lesson when I questioned why McDaniel hired OL coach Butch Barry before the 2023 season. At the time I thought it was a very questionable hire after the reports out of Denver that the players on the OL for the Broncos were happy to see him fired.

Barry came to the Dolphins and did an excellent job in his first year as the Dolphins OL coach. So McDaniel obviously knew a lot more about the ability of Barry as an OL coach than many of us on this forum.

So I won’t question the hiring of another Barry as the new LB coach of the Dolphins. McDaniel has worked with Barry in the past and if he thinks he is the right coach for the LB’s on the Dolphins, I’m fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom