Dolphins Hope to Get ‘Upper Hand’ on Anthony Deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Hope to Get ‘Upper Hand’ on Anthony Deal

Someone said that having him signed for 2 more years played into the trade.

There's no way they are going into 2018 without Raekwon in pen as the at least 2 down mike.

So does this kid become $1.1 mil 2 deep base mike depth? Probably provided he doesn't show so dumb on the field he gets himself cut which id say the odds of are probably 50/50

Just more signs mike hull is viewed as a special teamer long term value.

Phillip Wheler had 118 tackles one year too. So racking up those kinds of tackling numbers doesn't necessarily indicate a LB is any good.

That's a good point and wheeler like anthony has played a lot of brain dead football. Horrid situational football in Miami from wheeler

I think wheeler in terms of smarts as a player is a close comparison here

Only thing is wheeler didn't play mike and lack of smarts at mike is usually a death sentence

Getting drafted by a team who hasn't been able to coach up defensive players for seemingly ever, combined with being asked to play three different positions isn't a recipe for success. Especially for a guy who is lacking in some football intelligence. With his tools I'm cautiously optimistic, for a 5th rounder it's a no brainer considering our current state of affairs. To me, these are the types of guys we should be taking a chance on. The Patriots do this thing all the time, using these late round picks for change of scenery candidates that were recently highly sought after prospects. Gase hasn't given me any reason to doubt him to this point and if he's better than Hull it's worthwhile.

Is he a gifted athlete or football player?

Anybody remember the ultra-fast WR from Texas-SchoolIcan'trememberthename, Clyde?

One quote from failbin was :"He's fast, I'm not sure he's a football player"

I can't say i know much about him. I hear he is an athletic freak. Sounds like he cant play in the middle spot but he can can play on the outside and would be great in pass rushing situations. I do know we need depth and that adam does his homework. I trust his decsions, lets hope he can get our defense rolling after this Timmons crap.

Is he a gifted athlete or football player?

Anybody remember the ultra-fast WR from Texas-SchoolIcan'trememberthename, Clyde?

One quote from failbin was :"He's fast, I'm not sure he's a football player"
Clyde gates?

Look how many players over the years Miami has cut or traded that went on to have long careers elsewhere. The Saints are as stupid in the personnel dept. as Miami has traditionally been in recent years.

Look how many players over the years Miami has cut or traded that went on to have long careers elsewhere. The Saints are as stupid in the personnel dept. as Miami has traditionally been in recent years.
Isn't Jeff Ireland still with the saints?

Clyde gates?

I had field passes for pre-game for a Jets/Phins game when Clyde was on the Jets. My buddy and I are down on the sideline watching them warm up, Clyde runs by and my buddy yells "Clyde, hey Clyde!" he tries real hard not to look over at us, so my buddy yells again "Clyde, hey Clyde... damn... you sure are fast" Clyde bobs his head up and down knowingly, lines up for his rep, and my buddy yells " But ya still can't catch!" He runs a five yard hitch and the ball clangs off his face mask. I had high hopes for him, but once he put on that god-awful green uniform he was dead to me.

Back
Top Bottom