Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from getting some supplies. No water anywhere. If anyone in broward sees any please gimme a holler.

Just heard on radio you can order online from Walmart. Maybe give that a try?

Sounds like this thing is just continuing to get stronger. Hopefully everyone stays safe. Get the hell out of there...
I hope we still see the game sometime this week or next, maybe in atlanta

https://www.windy.com/?28.266,-82.441,5

If you're in South Florida please be prepared to evacuate. Born and raised here for since the late 70's and having also been through Andrew . . . get the **** outta dodge people. Whoever said don't freak out, **** that, freak the **** out, and be as precautions and safe as possible.

And no one should give a damn about this stupid game. Reschedule for week 11 and let families focus on their safety.

I've been giving it thought, the problem is Irma looks to be heading up the entire state. Its not even like you could go to Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, or even NC to get away from it. Evacuating for this storm is going to be a real pain in the butt especially if you have pets, elderly relatives etc.

DI9vIVvWAAEP6SE.jpg:large

Just got back from getting some supplies. No water anywhere. If anyone in broward sees any please gimme a holler.

Step 1: Clean your bathtub.

Step 2: Before the hurricane hits, fill up your bathtub with water.

Step 3: When you need drinkable water, just run it through a Brita water filter.

I've been giving it thought, the problem is Irma looks to be heading up the entire state. Its not even like you could go to Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, or even NC to get away from it. Evacuating for this storm is going to be a real pain in the butt especially if you have pets, elderly relatives etc.

DI9vIVvWAAEP6SE.jpg:large

Yup, and I have both. Almost have to try and leave Thursday early drive the state and then go west I guess.

I live on the 4th story of a condo off of the middle river in Fort Lauderdale. I have high impact windows, and not really a flood risk this high up. I was considering riding it out in here, but now I'm not so sure. I think it should withstand the wind damage, but this is a evacuation zone. Really don't look forward to spending days in a shelter with a 1 year old though...

If you cannot find water you can always use any containers that will hold liquid, fill them with tap or hose water, and sanitize it.

Disinfect water using household bleach, if you can’t boil water. Only use regular, unscented chlorine bleach products that are suitable for disinfection and sanitation as indicated on the label. Do not use scented, color safe, or bleaches with added cleaners.If water is cloudy, let it settle and filter it through a clean cloth, paper towel, or coffee filter.
  • Locate a clean dropper from your medicine cabinet or emergency supply kit.
  • Locate a fresh liquid chlorine bleach or liquid chlorine bleach that is stored at room temperatures for less than one year. The label should say that it contains 8.25% of sodium hypochlorite.
  • Use the table below as a guide to decide the amount of bleach you should add to the water, for example, add 6 drops of bleach to each gallon of water. Double the amount of bleach if the water is cloudy, colored, or very cold.

• Stir and let stand for 30 minutes. The water should have a slight chlorine odor. If it doesn’t, repeat the dosage and let stand for another 15 minutes before use.
  • If the chlorine taste is too strong, pour the water from one clean container to another and let it stand for a few hours before use.
Volume of Water Amount of Bleach to Add*
1 quart/2 drops
1 gallon/6 drops
2 gallons/12 drops (1/8 teaspoon)
4 gallons/1/4 teaspoon
8 gallons/1/2 teaspoon
https://www.epa.gov/ground-water-and-drinking-water/emergency-disinfection-drinking-water

https://www.windy.com/?28.266,-82.441,5

If you're in South Florida please be prepared to evacuate. Born and raised here for since the late 70's and having also been through Andrew . . . get the **** outta dodge people. Whoever said don't freak out, **** that, freak the **** out, and be as precautions and safe as possible.

And no one should give a damn about this stupid game. Reschedule for week 11 and let families focus on their safety.

Agree 100%

It does seem like people are responding, I think the horrific images out of Texas the last few weeks has people more in tune with getting things right and being prepared. I live in the Tampa area, and already most places are slim pickings on water and most can goods, don't fret though as most places will continue to get shipments in all week, just keep going until you land your hands on some.

Agree 100%

It does seem like people are responding, I think the horrific images out of Texas the last few weeks has people more in tune with getting things right and being prepared. I live in the Tampa area, and already most places are slim pickings on water and most can goods, don't fret though as most places will continue to get shipments in all week, just keep going until you land your hands on some.

The TY model has it veering hard North directly thru your area. We secured our place in South Florida this weekend and my pops (Ft Laud) and brother's family (Cape Coral) are heading up North soon to stay at our home in North Florida (Jax). Be safe. Best of luck to you and your family.

Last edited:
Just keep in mind, stores like Walmart and Publix will be getting trucks and trucks of water up until they close for the storm. In a Walmart backroom right now and they just got an 18 wheeler full of water.

Also go more inland for gas. Gas near downtown areas and highways are gonna be lined up and getting worse each day.

It is a madhouse down here right now . . . Harvey definitely having its effect on the panic mode.

Just keep in mind, stores like Walmart and Publix will be getting tucks and trucks of water up until they close for the storm. In a Walmart backroom right now and they just got an 18 wheeler full of water.

Also go more inland for gas. Gas near downtown areas and highways are gonna be lined up and getting worse each day.

It is a madhouse down here right now . . . Harvey definitely having its effect on the panic mode.

Also like SOS you can fill containers and store. We filled up 2 litter empty soda bottels. If you cant find water buy the soda and use those bottles.

Last edited:
So this is looking like a direct hit on Dade/Broward right now, correct? The GFS model is a bit different but it has proven unreliable in recent storms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom