Dolphins Inspired by the Miami Heat's Championship Run | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Inspired by the Miami Heat's Championship Run

Ill be very honest.. I didnt follow one lick of basketball until this tournament, and I didnt follow Boston really until this year (but have been following closer) so I have no CLEAR, agenda. The reason why I am "hating" on the heat has NOTHING to do with James, Bosh, Wade or whoever, because they are good.. The reason is because I cant remember the last time I saw refs blatantly give games to one team. That **** isnt fair at all. If you can sit there and tell me that I am blinded, and the refs have been doing a great job, then we need to end this conversation right now because neither one of us will convince the other who is right or wrong.
And Heat fans have pointed out instances where OKC got the better end of the calls and that just gets dismissed. I see how it is though. IF miami wins, it'll be because the refs gave Lebron the title. Meanwhile, everyone celebrates Jordan and the Bulls as the bestest team EVAR!!!11!, and forget that individual and that team got EVERY SINGLE WHISTLE EVER. Heck, Jordan won a title on a push off.

Eh, thats not really an accomplishment. The Celtics (of which I am becoming a fan of) are old and slow. Noone can run downcourt with Rondo. Celtics need Waiters!
For the Sixers it actually is. They have no true superstar and very little inside scoring, so it wasn't all that bad.

Im not discounting the Heat get bad calls too, but its not even a close comparison. More like 3 or 4 to 1
And Heat fans have pointed out instances where OKC got the better end of the calls and that just gets dismissed. I see how it is though. IF miami wins, it'll be because the refs gave Lebron the title. Meanwhile, everyone celebrates Jordan and the Bulls as the bestest team EVAR!!!11!, and forget that individual and that team got EVERY SINGLE WHISTLE EVER. Heck, Jordan won a title on a push off.

Really? So, instead of being able to go to the NBA Finals game, where your favorite team is playing, you would rather go to a meaningless preseason game of the Dolphins? That stuns me. I'm a big NBA fan, but I would have thought even a casual fan would like to go to the NBA Finals.

The Dolphins are my favorite team, so yes I would pass up the NBA Finals tickets to get Dolphins preseason tickets. Those preaseasn games are more meaningful to me than any basketball game. Keep in mind I am not saying I am buying preseason tickets, just that if they were given to me. I have never been to a NFL preseason game. Doesn't mean I would never go to a NBA game, because I would be lying if I said I never did. In fact I have been to one game and it was a 76ers game. It was probably 15 or so years ago and I can't even tell you who they were playing. If someone gave me tickets to a NBA final game, I might go just to go. But given the option instead to go to something related to the Dolphins(even if it was a training camp practice) I would choose the Dolphins.

Im not discounting the Heat get bad calls too, but its not even a close comparison. More like 3 or 4 to 1
3 or 4 to 1? Exaggerate much?

In 4 games the Thunder have committed 83 fouls...the Heat have committed 77...6 fouls difference.

In 4 games the Thunder have committed 83 fouls...the Heat have committed 77...6 fouls difference.

i knew someone would go there...a stats guy like truth makes sense...but its not about the # of foul calls...its the timing of the calls or missed calls the calls period when it comes to durants case...

truth i know you to be a stand up guy...has this nba finals been called fairly??? have the thunder gotten a fair shake???

And it shouldnt be that close. OKC is a jump shooting team whereas the heat are far more aggressive. But dont let the facts get in the way with some good old fashion heat bashing. Like i said........to most C's fans, the celtics have never ever ever lost a game legitimately. Have you ever listened to Tommy Heinsohn or the late Johnny Most. They are the two most biased announcers ever in the history of all of sports and the boston fanbase feeds off of it. Again, i didnt hear celtics fans cry ref or rigged after their philly series or game 6 against atlanta

jordan got bailed out by the refs all the time also...the damn jordan rules...i remember...but that doesn't make it right...

And it shouldnt be that close. OKC is a jump shooting team whereas the heat are far more aggressive. But dont let the facts get in the way with some good old fashion heat bashing. Like i said........to most C's fans, the celtics have never ever ever lost a game legitimately. Have you ever listened to Tommy Heinsohn or the late Johnny Most. They are the two most biased announcers ever in the history of all of sports and the boston fanbase feeds off of it. Again, i didnt hear celtics fans cry ref or rigged after their philly series or game 6 against atlanta

+1. This is the point Ive been trying to make and its just gets dismissed. So painfully obvious.

heinsohns rediculous...and senile i think...i don't get the philly series talk...boston was the better team...that series was only close cause of the young legs of the 6ers...and even then i don't think the celtics ever really felt threatened...if they had i don't think doc would have played the 2nd string as a unit so much...

i don't think atlanta has any gripe over the boston series either...not sure where you come from there...at the end of games atl choked...smith took horrid shots...they lost...

i knew someone would go there...a stats guy like truth makes sense...but its not about the # of foul calls...its the timing of the calls or missed calls the calls period when it comes to durants case...

truth i know you to be a stand up guy...has this nba finals been called fairly??? have the thunder gotten a fair shake???

The thing is alot of people are going to see what they wanna see. Every close call that goes against their team they remember but will always dismiss the close play that goes for them. So if your heat hater who so desperately wants the heat to lose, which includes much of the media, watches a game and the heat have 10 close calls go for them and team b has 9 close calls go for them, to them they would see 15 calls go for the heat and none for team b. The nba is the toughest game to ref and with hundreds of calls per game, the refs will always miss some. The thing is that a fan will only remember the bad calls that hurt them and seldom the ones that help them.

Kevin Garnett has never not set a moving screen. You think boston fans are complaining about the refs from game one against the knicks last year? That was a ridiculous non-call that gave the celtics a win. But thats all forgotten

The Dolphins are my favorite team, so yes I would pass up the NBA Finals tickets to get Dolphins preseason tickets. Those preaseasn games are more meaningful to me than any basketball game. Keep in mind I am not saying I am buying preseason tickets, just that if they were given to me. I have never been to a NFL preseason game. Doesn't mean I would never go to a NBA game, because I would be lying if I said I never did. In fact I have been to one game and it was a 76ers game. It was probably 15 or so years ago and I can't even tell you who they were playing. If someone gave me tickets to a NBA final game, I might go just to go. But given the option instead to go to something related to the Dolphins(even if it was a training camp practice) I would choose the Dolphins.

My friend you are always complaining about Miami fan support. How many OKC shirts do you see at the arena ? Even Boston only had a small group there for that series. THIS is how we celebrate championship caliber play and should be what the Fins strive for. We are fickled down here with many options for our entertainment dollars ..... Put a good produce on the field and they will come. Both the Fins and Canes had home attendence sellout records back in the day. Build it and they will come.

heinsohns rediculous...and senile i think...i don't get the philly series talk...boston was the better team...that series was only close cause of the young legs of the 6ers...and even then i don't think the celtics ever really felt threatened...if they had i don't think doc would have played the 2nd string as a unit so much...

i don't think atlanta has any gripe over the boston series either...not sure where you come from there...at the end of games atl choked...smith took horrid shots...they lost...

Boston is the better team but many philly fans think that boston got all the calls and hawks fans think they were robbed in game six. My point is that when you have a horse in the race it is very very difficult to look at games objectively. Especially in a game like basketball that will have questionable calls each and every game just due to the nature of it. Even in football i have seen many threads complaing about bad calls that the phins got in a particular game. Im still waiting for that thread that says "whew, thank god the refs helped us win that game. the other team got hosed"

The thing is alot of people are going to see what they wanna see. Every close call that goes against their team they remember but will always dismiss the close play that goes for them. So if your heat hater who so desperately wants the heat to lose, which includes much of the media, watches a game and the heat have 10 close calls go for them and team b has 9 close calls go for them, to them they would see 15 calls go for the heat and none for team b. The nba is the toughest game to ref and with hundreds of calls per game, the refs will always miss some. The thing is that a fan will only remember the bad calls that hurt them and seldom the ones that help them.

Kevin Garnett has never not set a moving screen. You think boston fans are complaining about the refs from game one against the knicks last year? That was a ridiculous non-call that gave the celtics a win. But thats all forgotten

oh please...the whole league sets moving screens...chris bosh does it and rolls to the rim all the time...i didn't complain one time on the i think it was 6ers series moving screen call against garnett down 3 late...i think its something thats not usually called at that juncture but he leaned and stuck out a chicken wing

Back
Top Bottom