Dolphins Like Their Depth In Middle Of O-Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Like Their Depth In Middle Of O-Line

LL

I do feel better about our guys on the inside this year, compared to last year but I just looked up the three guys we cut loose in-season last year and they're on other rosters.

Dallas Thomas - Philadelphia
Billy Turner - Denver
Jamil Douglas - New England

Did you all notice this? How do you feel about it? Do you give any of the three any chance of sticking with these teams? Should I run to the insurance office and take out a life insurance policy on Carson Wentz? :wtf

I do feel better about our guys on the inside this year, compared to last year but I just looked up the three guys we cut loose in-season last year and they're on other rosters.

Dallas Thomas - Philadelphia
Billy Turner - Denver
Jamil Douglas - New England

Did you all notice this? How do you feel about it? Do you give any of the three any chance of sticking with these teams? Should I run to the insurance office and take out a life insurance policy on Carson Wentz? :wtf

Well in the case of Billy Turner, he has tremendous talent and the Broncos' OL is godawful, so they are hoping the light will come on for him. That is not the worst move by them.

Jamil Douglas is by all accounts a pretty solid guy, he just wasn't performing well. In his case, I do believe that we handled his position poorly. He was a college left tackle who was projected to be a left guard in the pros, and we started him out at RG and then moved him to center, where he had never played in his life. He's a player that I think can definitely improve with time and be a solid lineman for someone in the future.

Dallas Thomas sucks and the Eagles are stupid.

In the case of Turner and Douglas, we may feel like those are potential solid NFL players, but the fact is that they were horrible when we cut them, and at that time we needed players who weren't horrible.

Just my take -- but counting on Pouncey for more than a few guest appearances is really stretching it.

I mean its obvious Gase is fully aware of the reality based on his comments about Pouncey effectively getting a pass on practicing.

Personally don't agree with that kind of band aid thought process -- if a dude isn't durable enough for what is expected from everyone else then... pass.

Pouncey is done. I have no confidence in him playing even a quarter of a season, let alone a full season

Well in the case of Billy Turner, he has tremendous talent and the Broncos' OL is godawful, so they are hoping the light will come on for him. That is not the worst move by them.

Jamil Douglas is by all accounts a pretty solid guy, he just wasn't performing well. In his case, I do believe that we handled his position poorly. He was a college left tackle who was projected to be a left guard in the pros, and we started him out at RG and then moved him to center, where he had never played in his life. He's a player that I think can definitely improve with time and be a solid lineman for someone in the future.

Dallas Thomas sucks and the Eagles are stupid.

In the case of Turner and Douglas, we may feel like those are potential solid NFL players, but the fact is that they were horrible when we cut them, and at that time we needed players who weren't horrible.
Amen

The oline will be a vast improvement. Start the preferred starting unit and let them gel.
It will take 4-6 games. I can wait for the results.

The oline will be a vast improvement. Start the preferred starting unit and let them gel.
It will take 4-6 games. I can wait for the results.

I sure hope not as that's how last year started. The right side of the line is in tact and should be in way better position to start the season. Bushrod is not learning a new position. Tunsil is not learning a new position and should settle in just fine at LT. He's a natural at that spot plus he will have a vet playing next to him most likely. Larsen has played in 102 games and has 65 starts under his belt. He also knows the blocking scheme.

I look for the offense to come out firing in week 1 against Tampa. The only new guys we have have already played in this system with the exception of Fasano but he is an 11 year vet with a limited role. Bushrod will need some help with Gerald McCoy but other than that....

Back
Top Bottom