Dolphins looking at possible first-round trades | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking at possible first-round trades

I've been hoping we can move down and get an extra late 2nd or 3rd. I'd then take a RT late 1st instead of reaching at 19. Then I'd look for Wr, LB, guard and TE/ safety

ok. i am taking this as we stay at #19. there are a zillion trade up-trade out scenerios and its pointless do it as a final player selection.

now, if the interests of players mentioned in the top of the thread are true than there is one choice [to me] and HOPEFULLY hickey has taken a look at at the seahawks blue print on how to beat the hi flying qb's and offenses in todays nfl. that being said......, with the 19th pick in the first round of the 2014 nfl draft, the miami dolphins select................... .

KYLE FULLER, corner back, virginia tech.[/B]

fuller is one of my fav players in the draft and want to make this secondary competative for todays pass all the time nfl. our db's as a group, right now, are no where near talented enough to shut down the denver broncos of the world and as seattle showed, that is exactly what you have to have, big time db's across the board. we have exactly ONE right now that you can consider big time in the secondary with a bunch of could be, never will be, older than the hills and injury types behind him. this team needs young, play making studs infused in this group and KYLE FULLER is just the kind of guy you start with.

calvin pryor [another great choice] and sua-filo and morgan moses [all other tackles being taken] will be there for them at 19. but, in the end, after much war room debate they go with fuller because shut down, play making corners are harder to find. and fuller is all that!!!

KYLE FULLER is my final answer.

Should the OL go as expected, Miami could be a trade partner for a team looking to move up to get in the run for WRs, or catch a falling QB.

wwww.twitter.com/AlbertBreer

i don't buy the corner stuff frankly...but if we do i want it to be verrett...what i hear is fuller won't get to us anyways...and that's fine by me...high in his pedal fluid feet and hips but i see issues in off man...plus i have concerns with va tech prospects they are extremely well coached and many come out maxed out players...

if it's corner give me verrett...i think that's the ideal scheme fit even if it is gonna be in the slot...

do i think it will be a corner though...not unless we trade down...they want to give taylor a shot and they paid finnegan too much guaranteed money for me to buy corner at 19

True we drafted 2 CBs last year pretty high and both suspose to be good players , havent seen anything yet But with other needs its kinda hard to keep going back to the same possion of need when we dont know what we have , with what we have got .

So, we got all crazy 'bout trading up for a player we didn't really need (DJordan), but can't imagine a trade-up for a potential star Tackle like Robinson or Mathews?? I'd punch the card and run to the podium!! We can get a guard later, but Albert and Mathews/Robinson?? Tanny would thrive!! Look at our 2nd and 3rd rders from last year, gimme the trade up all day!

I agree 100%.
We were 8-8 last year and we really had no businesses not making the playoffs. If Tannehill progresses and we improve out o line, we should really have a dynamic offense and have a chance to really compete in the AFC.
If we can give up our first and second rounders to get a franchise RT, I think its worth it. Taylor Lewan? Sign me up. There is a huge drop off at Tackle after Lewan and Z Martin, and I don't think either will fall to 19.

Verett is a very nice player, but has way too much of an injury history in a tiny frame to be considering at 19. I doubt very seriously that a player with that kind of profile goes in the first round.

Kyle Fuller is the best corner in this draft, especially for our scheme. If we wait and target one in the mid-rounds a guy like Phillip Gaines will be someone that fits our profile.

I'm a stats and numbers guy, so I fully endorse the trade down scenario and take my chances. I don't worry myself about past trades not working out. No one would be moaning about Earl Thomas if we had taken Rob Gronkowski and Sean Lee with those picks instead.

The first step is to get more picks, the next step is to actually take better players when you get them. I'd look to trade down multiple times, gain a few extra seconds and thirds and then really take advantage of the sweet spot in this draft which is not especially filled with stars throughout the first and players in that 20-50 range will be similarly talented.

I agree 100%.
We were 8-8 last year and we really had no businesses not making the playoffs. If Tannehill progresses and we improve out o line, we should really have a dynamic offense and have a chance to really compete in the AFC.
If we can give up our first and second rounders to get a franchise RT, I think its worth it. Taylor Lewan? Sign me up. There is a huge drop off at Tackle after Lewan and Z Martin, and I don't think either will fall to 19.

I think we would be extremely disappointed if we believe either player is a franchise RT. Martin would make a good G in all likelihood, but Lewan is not a strong enough run blocker to be a franchise RT. He's a LT all the way for me and I'm not overly excited about him anyway.

There are two elite T prospects in this draft and they are Mathews and Robinson in my mind.

Verett is a very nice player, but has way too much of an injury history in a tiny frame to be considering at 19. I doubt very seriously that a player with that kind of profile goes in the first round.

Kyle Fuller is the best corner in this draft, especially for our scheme. If we wait and target one in the mid-rounds a guy like Phillip Gaines will be someone that fits our profile.

I'm a stats and numbers guy, so I fully endorse the trade down scenario and take my chances. I don't worry myself about past trades not working out. No one would be moaning about Earl Thomas if we had taken Rob Gronkowski and Sean Lee with those picks instead.

The first step is to get more picks, the next step is to actually take better players when you get them. I'd look to trade down multiple times, gain a few extra seconds and thirds and then really take advantage of the sweet spot in this draft which is not especially filled with stars throughout the first and players in that 20-50 range will be similarly talented.

I would. Two guys who stay hurt compared to arguably the best defensive player in the NFL? I'll take the guy who should have been DPOTY on a SB winning team.

I would. Two guys who stay hurt compared to arguably the best defensive player in the NFL? I'll take the guy who should have been DPOTY on a SB winning team.

The trade down then was the right move, we just picked the wrong players. It's the right move now as well.

Don't fall prey to revisionist history...Earl Thomas wasn't even the highest rated S in his own draft and is in the absolute perfect defense/scheme for his skill set.

Thread title correction: NFL teams looking at possible first round trade.

Every team has different plans and scenarios depending on how the draft plays out and that includes contact with other clubs for trade possibilities, player values, etc. And to boot, every team has released misinformation in the past month or so regarding their interests. This whole draft process really needs to move back to April and only two total days. I still remember the good old days when this whole fiasco was wrapped in 2 days and held 12 rounds. Don't get me wrong, I love draft day, but Roger Gotohell is seriously spreading the NFL way too thin.

Hopefully we at least have options available to either stay or trade back. While I like the list of teams that MIGHT be interested in trading up, it's that wild-card team that isn't listed that suddenly wants to jump on a guy still available (possibly QB) that could get us a decent extra pick or two. If one or two of the big QB's come off shortly before us, I think this puts us in a great spot. If none of the QB's are off, then they will fall to later in the first and we will have to hope for another position to be the hot comodity.

I would trade our 19th for the Saints 27th and 58th, unless a top ten pick were to drop to us like Lewan.

NOLA is probably the most ideal trade partner unless Bridgewater does an Aaron Rodgers and the Browns gets anxious.

No way are the Saints as stupid as the raiders last yr. A 3rd this yr (& 6th next yr) is reasonable. Realistically, Miami should have surrendered both 2nds to land Jordan.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Back
Top Bottom