Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft?

I think a lot of people here dont understand football and the draft at its finest. You just lost Long. duh.

Milliner is not heads above others as much as people think. This draft is about the T. Everyone with a brain should figure this out. We need a LT. CB's are deep and talented.

Re: Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft

when you run a west coast offense, you dont need the top ot's....you know, because the goal is to get the ball out fast on timing routes. A guy like Big Ben needs a top one, not this team.

How many first rounders and big money contracts have we spent on this terrible line? And now we are contemplating spending another first rounder in addition to a second or third rounder?

Spending assets on the line and not difference makers is what put this team into mediocrity to begin with.

Yea Big Ben needed a good OT to give him time to get the ball deep to a WR like Mike Wallace

I wonder what team could have a similar need?

This makes a lot of sense. It's pretty popularly thought that this draft has a small handful of elite talent - the 3 Tackles are legit top-10 guys - and then after that there's a very large 'Group B' from picks 10-35ish which is difficult to rank - the talent in group B is really close together. The guys available at 12 don't necessarily grade much better than guys who will go 25-30. This says to me that we should do one of two things:

1) Trade up and get ahead of that big Group B.
2) Trade back in the 1st to still draft someone from Group B and acquire another pick.

Im not sure you need a top LT but a solid serviceable one is very important, especially if you want to hit that long awaited long strike to a recently signed speedster. Still up in the air on Martin IMO.

Millner is becoming one of the most overrated prospects in this draft. He is not a Revis or Sherman.

Cleveland or Tennessee could be spots for the Fins to move. What I like is, while there are not a lot of gems in this draft, these three LT's are legit NFL players.

IMHO Lane Johnson is the exact type of athletic LT Philbin is looking for. This would be a no brainer especially having Tannehill at QB and having just signed Mike Wallace.

Trading up and selecting an offensive lineman would just prove that Ireland has learned nothing from past mistakes. I hope they stay put or trade down. In the first 3 rounds I hope we see CB x 2, DE, WR and TE. Then in round 4 take an athletic OT that fits your scheme.

There is nobody worth moving up for in this draft, and we see these kinds of media games every year from the Miami FO. Not buying it one bit.

This is so silly. This tackle draft is so deep, why trade picks to move up for one? We can get a starter in round 2.

he better plan on trading up to like a top 5 pick...cause these tackles are gonna fly off the board...forget about getting to #10 and getting one...if that's his plan he's gonna pay a hell of a price to get where he needs to be to land any of the tackles

IF Miami pulls off a trade up to select Johnson. One could envision, plays where both Johnson and Pouncey are pulling together. If it can be done, I say, "Make the Trade"!!!

Millner is becoming one of the most overrated prospects in this draft. He is not a Revis or Sherman.

Cleveland or Tennessee could be spots for the Fins to move. What I like is, while there are not a lot of gems in this draft, these three LT's are legit NFL players.

I actually agree he's not a top tier guy like Revis, but he's the best in this draft. If you trade up for anyone then you take the guy that you need and is best at the position, not 3rd best tackle....

Im all for this. We need to keep our QB safe and off his back. Get it done Ireland!!

Back
Top Bottom