Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft?

1. Fisher
2. Joeckel
3. Johnson

That is my order. However, I think they are all excel and will have great careers. Fit in a scheme is going to be obviously vital.

I think the spot to move is Cleveland. According to the draft chart, to move from 12 to 6, Miami could swing it by trading 1 and 2a for Cleveland's 1 and a 6 OR they could trade 1, 2b and 5 for #6.

To get to #10 and ahead of SD, the Fins would need just a third.

Lane Johnson did a lot more for his draft stock at the Senior Bowl than the Combine. That's just a FACT. That's not even speculation.

Everyone already knew he was going to blow up the Combine. There was absolutely nothing, nothing whatsoever, that he did at the Combine that everyone didn't already know he was going to do. And most had known he would do that for well over a year.

What they didn't necessarily know is that he could go up against the best of the best all week long during practice, and then during the game itself, and make everyone he faced up against look like a small child trying to join an adults' pickup game at a company picnic.

i think the browns are on dee milliner at #6...all 3 of those ot's could be gone by detroit...one things for sure they are taking one of em...

I think the Browns are open for business at pick #6 overall and that could be where they need to trade in order to pick up a Lane Johnson. According to the classic trade value chart that would cost them the #54 overall pick in order to move there.

If it's only the #54 pick in addition to their 12 pick thats not bad at all....

i think it will cost more than #54...personally...i imagine the browns will have takers if they offer up that pick

Re: Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft

If we got pick six and Milliner and Johnson are both on the board... thats a damn tough decision in my book.

Probably still Johnson for me though

by the way when will these misleading thread titles end...there's no guarantee miamis looking for this...it's speculation...how about a "may be looking"

damn

i think it will cost more than #54...personally...i imagine the browns will have takers if they offer up that pick

Crap! Since you seem to think(I have no idea how good the guy is) this guy has that much upside in addition to the #12,#54 pick?
Whats the max you would be willing to give up? Our 3rd round pick?

Which by the way still leaves us with an additional 2nd and 3rd round picks for DBs I'm guessing

I expect the only team that will be competing with us if that's what we wanted to do would be the San Diego Chargers and the only way they beat us would be by offering up their #45 overall...which I'm not sure they'd be willing to do.

Crap! Since you seem to think(I have no idea how good the guy is) this guy has that much upside in addition to the #12,#54 pick?
Whats the max you would be willing to give up? Our 3rd round pick?

Which by the way still leaves us with an additional 2nd and 3rd round picks for DBs I'm guessing

sorry about the get real thing...i got rollin and couldn't stop in time...ha ha...anyways i'm not sure i want to trade up for this but i do think in a lot of ways it makes sense...and if i was gonna trade up for anyone it would be lane johnson...i know that much...this kids got special talents...so i'm always on board with top 5 worthy talents...

i like his future at tackle and in our scheme more than i do dee milliner...i think johnsons a long term all pro left tackle in a zbs milliner i don't think is the best corner prospect in any recent class

I think there is alot of starting caliber talent through round 3 and we are more than 1 or 2 players away from being a contender so I'd rather moved down and add a 2nd or 3rd round pick as opposed to losing a 2nd or 3rd round pick to move up. Seriously right now we need OT, OG, CB, CB, DE plus it would be nice to get a quality WR and S. Can't do it giving away picks unless we pony up and pays some FA's.

Yea Big Ben needed a good OT to give him time to get the ball deep to a WR like Mike Wallace

I wonder what team could have a similar need?

we got Wallace, so now we have to change our scheme?

Thats news to me. As far as I know, Wallace is going to run timing routes. Just because he runs fast doesn't mean Tannehill is going to hold the ball 5 seconds and run around to avert disaster like Ben does every other play.

I expect the only team that will be competing with us if that's what we wanted to do would be the San Diego Chargers and the only way they beat us would be by offering up their #45 overall...which I'm not sure they'd be willing to do.

yeah san diegos the one to worry about...and they have needs they must fill...but i think cleveland unless we sweeten the pot enough is gonna be hard to come off that #6 pick staring at milliner...and again detroit is pouncing on one of these tackles...so if johnsons the only one left when they come up we can forget about it

Re: Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft

we got Wallace, so now we have to change our scheme?

Thats news to me. As far as I know, Wallace is going to run timing routes. Just because he runs fast doesn't mean Tannehill is going to hold the ball 5 seconds and run around to avert disaster like Ben does every other play.

give him bad o line protection and you can be sure Tannehill will be running for his life down after down.

Back
Top Bottom