Dolphins’ Marcus Thigpen aiming for Devin Hesters' Return TD Record | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ Marcus Thigpen aiming for Devin Hesters' Return TD Record

If he adds 4-5 TD's this season that will be good. Another quick strike weapon, our best QS weapon last year. Set goals, aim high, you can't get there without a plan!

Bulking up to be a RB isn't going to help his returns. He needs to be lighter, faster. I think I have had enough of the "we're the dolphins and were going to the hall of fame" talk by everyone.
Thigpen is a good returner, but certainly no Devin Hester. Good to have goals, but dude. Everyone is setting up for failure. The team that wins the Super Bowl is never the team that talks smack about being great before the OTA's start.

Except for Super Bowl III, the guaranteed victory.

Regardless, it's just plain stupid to talk publicly about your goals. They're unrealistic for the talent level of these players, and the team is still not playing as a cohesive unit (e.g., the '72 Dolphins -- they won because they were a machine), which would help them achieve it. Maybe ther're looking to create an "us vs. them" team attitude when the ridicule starts raining down on them.

I really don't see a problem with it.If a player wants to stick his neck out there and make his goals known what can it hurt other than his own ego? If he wants to take the risk which is pretty low IMO ...let him.

Its not like a player is making a bold prediction before facing another team.Then you are singling out a team or an individual.So if lets say a player like Wake said he was going to get 5 sack vs Cleveland then its probably a bad idea.But for a player like Thigpen saying I want to take one back from the endzone it really is not that big a deal.

All this bragging will further fuel the NE Patriots.

When will these players learn?:sarcon:

man I forgot about Patrick cobbs til poster mentioned him. if he can be slightly better than cobbs I love him on the roster. I don't feel like youtubing it, even though I still may. yup just wiki'd him " A certainly bright game for Cobbs was against the Texans; he grabbed 3 passes for 138 yards and 2 touchdowns. One being a 58-yard run and the other an 80-yard run" I know it should've said reception. but yeah in figuring out lineup I was torn as to whether count thiggy as WR or RB cause I thought he lined up in slot more than he lined up at back. I think him and miller are the reasons that bush was expendable for this team. I would've loved to have bush back, but it potentially miller can run better and thiggy can catch almost as good, im sure those two combine prob make a 1/4 of what bush makes. hopefully big things for the kids. and I have nothing against him stating what he wants his personal goals to be. I posted my personal goals on my facebook at the start of the year and they are what keep me motivated. I started off year at 360 pounds and said I wanted to be 235 by start of football season. im sitting at 295 right now and the big part of it is cause I put goals out there and don't want to let anyone down along with myself. say your goals, it doesn't hurt the team

Back
Top Bottom