Dolphins may cut Leonte Carroo a year after trading up for him | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins may cut Leonte Carroo a year after trading up for him

He started for a national championship team at Clemson....I think he knows how to tackle SMH

Knowing how to tackle and willingness to do so are completely different factors.

Vince Young was the starting QB for a national championship team. An amateur accomplishment has nothing to do with professional football.

From Big 10 people sounds like the issue with Carroo right now is a sense of entitlement
Well I guess he is going to learn about unemployment in the NFL next hopefully he can get a opportunity in the Canadian football league

From an ego standpoint, Tannenbaum will not allow him being cut - at least this year. Whether Carroo did or did not deserve the lack of playing time last season, the worst look for TBum the decision-maker would be to trade up for him, release him after being untested only to see him prosper elsewhere. It ain't happening.

Personally, I'd consider Carroo's release a good sign and not because I don't like him. First, because it will show Gase is willing to cut loose from a mistake and not get tied up with ego. Second, because that means Carroo's replacement has to be CLEARLY better to beat him out. I must say, I his draft cost has no affect on my position - I just want the best 53. BTW, real world is no one will BARELY beat him out.

If Carroo can't help the team get him out. If he can I'm all for keeping him. It isn't his fault he was drafted where he was.

From an ego standpoint, Tannenbaum will not allow him being cut - at least this year. Whether Carroo did or did not deserve the lack of playing time last season, the worst look for TBum the decision-maker would be to trade up for him, release him after being untested only to see him prosper elsewhere. It ain't happening.

That would be more a strike against the coaches for failing, not Tannenbomb for picking a good player

lol it's June

Some of these posts are ridiculous. You don't appreciate anything, do you? For a long time, we've had one incompetent regime after another. We finally have a staff here who gets it. They got Caroo because of his skill set. He was also a contingency plan since they didn't think Stills would be resigned. No one knew he was going to blow up the way he did.

This is a good problem. So many complained when we had no depth and we allowed young free talent to walk. Now, we have plenty depth, quality talent is resigned, and the GM of this team for once actually had the foresight to draft with future contracts in mind.

June. Second year player.

He's not the usual acquisition and he can't be compared as one. We traded a lot of draft capital to get this guy. The fact that he dogged it in year one is and should be a concern.

He's not the usual acquisition and he can't be compared as one. We traded a lot of draft capital to get this guy. The fact that he dogged it in year one is and should be a concern.

Time will tell how good he'll be. I remember Gase saying he made a mistake trying to get Caroo to absorb all WR positions his first year. Sure, he could just be covering for him. We all know it typically takes WRs a few years to get into a groove. I don't have a problem with the Caroo trade.

They didn't know Stills would blow up, and Caroo was the contingency plan. Injuries happen, and even if they don't with the WR group, he'll see a good amount of snaps if he's talented enough.

If this was any other regime, I'd be blasting this move because I didn't trust the other management groups. Cheer up, chap. All of the acquisitions can't be an A+. They are human, after all. Look at the bright side. This is one of the very few things fans take issue with as far as personnel moves. Have you really forgotten how it felt after every single transaction before? Every move was met with negativity, and rightfully so. We had clowns running the team. I'm happy that's no longer the case.

The WR group is the deepest it's been in a very long time. Enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom