Dolphins name Jeff Nixon their RB Coach & Darren Krein their Head Strength Coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins name Jeff Nixon their RB Coach & Darren Krein their Head Strength Coach

So, we have a new Special teams coach, OC, QB coach, RB coach, Strenght & Conditioning coach. Did I miss any?
Yet we retained our Head Coach. Has this much turn over ever happened before without a HC change?

Whew! I was hoping we would get one of them two, not in my wildest dreams did I think we could land both of them............Who are they?
wow, i guess you were expecting bill cowher and john gruden to be our RB and head strength coaches.

We still don't have a tight ends or quarterbacks coach. There's reason to believe Daboll might take on the quarterbacks coaching responsibilities but if someone's replaced Deleone I haven't heard of it.

So, we have a new Special teams coach, OC, QB coach, RB coach, Strenght & Conditioning coach. Did I miss any?
Yet we retained our Head Coach. Has this much turn over ever happened before without a HC change?

Because we have an idiot for an owner that flew to california for no reason lol

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

We still don't have a tight ends or quarterbacks coach. There's reason to believe Daboll might take on the quarterbacks coaching responsibilities but if someone's replaced Deleone I haven't heard of it.

I kind of hope not he has enough on his plate and has not really been a qb coach that often.

Sounds like the turn over we had with the o-line last year. Except that turn over kept going all year seems like.

it happens when an OC leaves or is fired, but most of the time people look to replace position coaches because they either get fired or take promotions to be coordinators.

One thing about all 3 of the new coaches we've hired; they are all under 40 and all 3 have their pro experience from stable organizations (Daboll's 2 year's with Cleveland not included). Daboll learned his craft under Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels, Nixon (who did work with RBs as well as being a ST assistant) has learned under Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg (as well as Bobby April for ST). And Krein spent time under a very good S&C coach in Mike Clark. Each guy comes from a different coaching tree (well... technically Krein and Nixon can be linked)

So in that way, nobody can complain about the "good ol boy network".

I would bet coaching assistant Dan Campbell will be promoted to tight ends coach. Makes a lot of sense. Also wouldn't be surprised if Chris Palmer is brought in as QB coach.

I would bet coaching assistant Dan Campbell will be promoted to tight ends coach. Makes a lot of sense. Also wouldn't be surprised if Chris Palmer is brought in as QB coach.

Actually, a rumor I heard is we are considering going after Brian Callahan; Bill Callahan's son. If true, it would be a risk. He is only 25, but has coached for 5 years (last year as an offensive assistant in Denver)

Also heard Sparano might go to New Orleans (good friends with Peyton) and would ask to hire one of their assistants (more than likely Carter Sheridan)

Here's Nixon
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/eagles_files/html/coach_nixon_1.html
PLayed RB at both West Virginia and PSU in the Mid 90's. Started his coaching career in college as RB coach at Princeton (2 years after graduating), then at Shippensburg and Tennessee Chattanooga, before being an assistant for Al Golden at Temple in 2007. He's been with Philly since

Here's Krein
http://www.seahawks.com/team/coaches/darren-krein/fed2a01c-32b8-46ac-a7c9-2ecc2e243e22
Former All-Conference Performer for the Miami Hurricanes. Former 4th round draft pick of the Chargers but never played due to injuries (did play in World Football League with the Barcalona Dragons). As the assistant S&C coach in Seattle since 2001, he is given the most credit in helping Matt Hasselback develop physically into the QB he was for most of the decade.

Matt Hasselback is constantly injured.. Is that a good thing?

You forgot the offensive line coach last season(2009),linebackers coach last season(2009)
defensive coordinator(2009)...Just about every coach has been replaced the past 2 seasons

Watch your back around Sparano and Ireland because they're not accepting any responsibility

Not as long as we have the same idiots at the top. In reality Im not sure why we fired the runningbacks coach since the OL bares more of the blame.
Funny you say that since our head coach is suppose to be an OL coach, and our OL is our biggest issue.

Back
Top Bottom