Dolphins odds against Chargers getting longer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins odds against Chargers getting longer

How do you figure that exactly?

Simple....better offense....Miami will run all over them...Cutler will burn them deep with Parker, Stills & Grant....yes I said Grant.

I believe Miami made the playoffs last year....and the Bronco's?

Last edited:
Actually the point spread has little to do with one team being better than the other. Point spreads change based on the number of bets being placed on one team. The point spread will increase or decrease to even out the monies being bet. The book makers don't care who wins, only that that money balances.

Actually the point spread has little to do with one team being better than the other. Point spreads change based on the number of bets being placed on one team. The point spread will increase or decrease to even out the monies being bet. The book makers don't care who wins, only that that money balances.

They teach that on day one of bookie school, but most fans still don't understand.

Watched the Chargers replay tonight on NFL network. They look like a good team to me.

Lots of salt will be flowing from this forum come Sunday. That's not to say I think we lose. Miami has the Charger's number for some reason. But it isn't going to be this roll over game you all are expecting.

Having already played a real regular season game is a MONSTER advantage imo. The rust is gone, the stamina improves, the speed of the game settles down. Even in beer league hockey the difference from game 1 to game 2 is incredible hahah. But for real I think we will have a tough time mentally in this game, guys have been away from home for a long time, nothing is routine here like during normal weeks. A very unfortunate break for us.

We're also lucky to be facing them in the early installment of Gus Bradley's defense. (Un)rest assured I'm sure Gase is quite familiar with the defensive concepts and scheme.

Last edited:
If we lose this Chargers game it's really going to be a big kick in the crotch to start the season. We need to start out fast. A win is a MUST

Having already played a real regular season game is a MONSTER advantage imo. The rust is gone, the stamina improves, the speed of the game settles down. Even in beer league hockey the difference from game 1 to game 2 is incredible hahah. But for real I think we will have a tough time mentally in this game, guys have been away from home for a long time, nothing is routine here like during normal weeks. A very unfortunate break for us.

Have to agree. It's not like the Chargers are going to be tired from one. game. It's more likely they will be sharper than us.

Aren't home teams generally give a 3 point bump anyways?

Aren't home teams generally give a 3 point bump anyways?

That's sort of a common myth too... as SCfinfan said earlier it's all about the projected balance of money bet. If a linemaker is expecting $1,000 to be bet on a game he's setting the line at what he expects it will take to get $500 bet on each side. It's not about the ranking of the teams as much as it's about a gauge on what you expect the betting public to respond to the line. If you think bettors are adding 3 points than the line setter does the same. Again it really has nothing to do with what they think the final score will be. It's all about being able to get as close to a balanced ledger as possible. You want to be able to take the losing money bet, pay the winners and keep the 10% vig for yourself. If your ledger has too much money bet on oneside of the line you run the risk of not getting enough money from the losing bets to pay off a vast majority of the winning bets and then you have to pay the diffence from your own pocket. Of course you're not going to always get balance that's why you see the line gradually nudged one direction or another during the week to entice more action on the weak side of the bets. Over the course of 16 NFL games during the week if you can keep the balance in a healthy range on most of the games you should make enough money over the course of a week to pay the winners and still make a profit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom