Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024

I'm pretty sure they didn't have the same protocols in place for those packers..
Disagreements about injuries appears to be a misunderstanding of the difference between excuses and reasons.

An excuse is a justification or explanation offered to defend or justify an action, behavior, or decision. It often involves shifting blame or responsibility away from oneself and onto external factors or circumstances. Excuses tend to be subjective and can be influenced by personal biases, emotions, or self-interest. They are often used to avoid consequences, evade accountability, or manipulate others' perceptions. Excuses can take various forms, such as blaming others, citing lack of resources or time, or emphasizing extenuating circumstances. While some excuses may have a legitimate basis, they are generally seen as a way to avoid taking responsibility for one's actions or decisions. Excuses can hinder personal growth, damage relationships, and impede problem-solving processes.

Reason, on the other hand,
Involves providing a logical and rational explanation for an action, behavior, or decision. It is based on objective analysis, critical thinking, and a consideration of various factors. Unlike excuses, reasons aim to clarify intentions, provide insight, and promote understanding. They are often used to justify actions or decisions in a transparent and accountable manner. Reasons can be supported by evidence, facts, or logical reasoning. They are typically focused on problem-solving, learning, and growth. By offering reasons, individuals can engage in constructive dialogue, build trust, and foster effective communication. Reasons encourage personal accountability and allow for the evaluation and improvement of actions or decisions.
Ok, so then we are in agreement

Agreed about the effect of the Williams injury. However, the play calling complaints were far more than simply a "play" not working here or there. It was a willful decision to totally abandon the running game in the 2nd half of games where the running game had been effective in the 1st half. It was obvious enough that it was mentioned in-game by national broadcasters and on national sports talk.
That’s all misconceived rhetoric. A lot of times the running game just stopped working. Sometimes they had too many three and outs and they weren’t able to have enough possessions or plays to get the running game like they would have liked too. It’s too simplified an explanation to say “ they abandoned the running game”

Running the ball on 3rd and 4th and short would be the first step in the right direction.
Hell yeah. Agreed
Posters keep talking about this best offense in the league crap

But

Why can’t we win with it? It’s quite a bit overrated and one dimensional

It’s all about balance

Hell yeah. Agreed
Posters keep talking about this best offense in the league crap

But

Why can’t we win with it? It’s quite a bit overrated and one dimensional

It’s all about balance
That’s fair, Brother Easy. I think McD will take the next step as a young evolving coach. He will understand that sometimes, taking an old school “pound it down their throats” if it’s working, is the best option.

I actually think despite some of our FA losses, we might perform better. I rated the draft a B and our offseason acquisitions a B. Quality work by Grier. If our DC can bring some Ravens toughness to our defense, we will perform better at seasons end. I disagree with you that our injuries had a big impact last season, but I don’t use it as an excuse. All teams must deal with injury. We just had some very bad luck on where they occurred. No matter, our team wasn’t deep enough or mature enough to take a deep playoff run. Hopefully that is corrected this year.

That’s fair, Brother Easy. I think McD will take the next step as a young evolving coach. He will understand that sometimes, taking an old school “pound it down their throats” if it’s working, is the best option.

I actually think despite some of our FA losses, we might perform better. I rated the draft a B and our offseason acquisitions a B. Quality work by Grier. If our DC can bring some Ravens toughness to our defense, we will perform better at seasons end. I disagree with you that our injuries had a big impact last season, but I don’t use it as an excuse. All teams must deal with injury. We just had some very bad luck on where they occurred. No matter, our team wasn’t deep enough or mature enough to take a deep playoff run. Hopefully that is corrected this year.
I never said though that the injury bug didn’t have an affect on the season, it did.
I just hate when football fans use it as an excuse and hang their hat on that excuse. Those fans sound like crying infants
We blew games when we were reasonably healthy, we were an overrated offense and a D that choked when it mattered. Not to mention bad play calling two years in a row

B
I never said though that the injury bug didn’t have an affect on the season, it did.
I just hate when football fans use it as an excuse and hang their hat on that excuse. Those fans sound like crying infants
We blew games when we were reasonably healthy, we were an overrated offense and a D that choked when it mattered. Not to mention bad play calling two years in a row
Bad play calling up 14 with 5 mins to go vs the Titans? Bad play calling when Reek fumbles vs KC in Germany? That's two games right there, one for sure we should have won, the other I liked our odds of winning that absolutely derailed our season. Both had nothing to do with bad offensive play calling.... In my humble opinion. 😂

I don’t play the “what if” game
We were just not good enough and although we scored points against bad teams we got stopped by better teams

McD needs to learn to use all facets of his players on offense
Right now, we’re just a one trick pony
We were good enough when the team was healthy, and to expect this team (or any team) to continue along with no hiccups when too many of their best players are out with injuries or beat up and still playing while hobbled is not realistic.

Every NFL season is a game of attrition. The playoff-quality teams whose key players stay the healthiest are going the farthest.

You can call it the "what if" game and simplistically dismiss it, but you are being purposely obtuse when you do so.
Miami may have still lost as many games even if Connor, Hunt, Chubb, Phillips, Ramsey, etc, played them all. If they had then it would be realistic to say we weren't good enough. Rather than just not being healthy enough.

I just hate when football fans use it as an excuse
and hang their hat on that excuse. Those fans sound like crying infants
So you agree the injury bug had an effect on the season, but it's not an excuse? Those two views seem opposed to one another. Key injuries played a significant role in the outcome of the season, and pointing it out is a reasonable thing to do.

So you agree the injury bug had an effect on the season, but it's not an excuse? Those two views seem opposed to one another. Key injuries played a significant role in the outcome of the season, and pointing it out is a reasonable thing to do.
You wanna keep crying about the injuries be my guest. To me it only made a difference by the last game when we lost all four pass rushers. But posters here crying and bitching about injuries as soon as Wynn went down. Chronic bitching. Next man up and move on. Oh, by the way, we’re gonna be loaded with injuries this year along with 31 other teams. Start the excuse now, might as well right? We’re starting the season without Phillips and Chubb, so if we lose our first game this will be the reason 😂

Feels to me like most of the stuff people complain about are side effects of roster construction. Things that either can't be changed effectively or would affect the big picture negatively.

Its all about scoring points in the end and there are many ways to go about it, all of which have pros and cons. There are no perfect offense.

How is it confusing to anyone that a team built around extreme speed is not very good at converting 3rd/4th and shorts? Side effect, and a very manageable at that because the team makes enough explosive plays that they run into those and shorts alot less than average. And big picture, still manage to score at a top 5 rate.

Again, there are no perfect offenses and when speaking of things you'd like to change, always keep in mind how it would affect the overall picture because when it comes to the Fins offense, the big picture is very very good.

Quick note on the "can't beat the good teams" narrative. Most of those games last season were on the road. The win expectation isnt high to begin with. Would've been nice to steal 1 or 2 but thats not what crushed the season. The 3 minutes meltdiwn vs a not good team is what really ****ed the Fins.

Feels to me like most of the stuff people complain about are side effects of roster construction. Things that either can't be changed effectively or would affect the big picture negatively.

Its all about scoring points in the end and there are many ways to go about it, all of which have pros and cons. There are no perfect offense.

How is it confusing to anyone that a team built around extreme speed is not very good at converting 3rd/4th and shorts? Side effect, and a very manageable at that because the team makes enough explosive plays that they run into those and shorts alot less than average. And big picture, still manage to score at a top 5 rate.

Again, there are no perfect offenses and when speaking of things you'd like to change, always keep in mind how it would affect the overall picture because when it comes to the Fins offense, the big picture is very very good.

Quick note on the "can't beat the good teams" narrative. Most of those games last season were on the road. The win expectation isnt high to begin with. Would've been nice to steal 1 or 2 but thats not what crushed the season. The 3 minutes meltdiwn vs a not good team is what really ****ed the Fins.
Nah man.

“How is it confusing to anyone that a team built on speed is not good at 3rd and short and 4th and short”

Well considering we threw the ball the 2nd most in the NFL in those situations, that’s a play calling situation.

Considering that Mostert had a 85-90% success rate running the ball in those same situations but yet we continued to throw…

That’s a play calling situation.

It’s weird that people don’t remember how PECULIAR it was that we threw on 3rd/4th and short *so* often.

And if someone cites “injuries to the OL” as a retort we will continue this vicious cycle of stupidity and literally speaking in circles.

Toughguy???

It’s not about being tough so gtfo with stupid verbiage

Injuries are an excuse with any fan and it’s that simple
You ever play an organized sport you’d know that but I guess not
It’s really that simple

Packers with Aaron Rodgers were about the most banged up team I can remember and they went on to win the SB
I already responded to this claim when you previously made it months ago but this is so incredibly misleading. Packers had a ton of injuries but most of them were not impact players or even role players. If I remember correctly, they were missing like 2 starters on both sides of the ball and that's it.

If you want to equate the injuries the dolphins had to the injuries the packers had and pretend they were equal then you do you. The players that are injured are much more important than the number of players injured.

You think the jets expectations this year didn't change when Aaron rodgers went down? I mean according to you who gives a ****. Any reasonable person would admit injuries play a massive factor in sports and its incredibly naive to pretend they don't.

It’s all on McD’s offense
Is this guy gonna finally grow up and stop relying on one WR? Can he stop going into full moron mode on fourth and inches?
I don't dissect plays like some on this do, but do you think the reliance on one WR is not on the QB and less on the play caller? How about tua making an audible if he sees something from the defense? Not sure if Tua has that liberty, but with his experience I'd think he is more than capable.

Back
Top Bottom