Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024

My issue with injuries from last year wasn't that a guy was lost..
It was the guy that was the depth that was playing out of position or shouldn't have been rostered. IE: Eli Apple.. Liam Eich.. Duke Riley

Whether it was Liam sucking at reading the d or getting ragdolled..
Eli having no clue what he is doing out there(I think the only thing he did decently was screen plays)
The depth was the main issue. Play calling or execution of play calling was shotty once things got put in the hands of these subpar players.

I already responded to this claim when you previously made it months ago but this is so incredibly misleading. Packers had a ton of injuries but most of them were not impact players or even role players. If I remember correctly, they were missing like 2 starters on both sides of the ball and that's it.

If you want to equate the injuries the dolphins had to the injuries the packers had and pretend they were equal then you do you. The players that are injured are much more important than the number of players injured.

You think the jets expectations this year didn't change when Aaron rodgers went down? I mean according to you who gives a ****. Any reasonable person would admit injuries play a massive factor in sports and it’s incredibly naive to pretend they don't.
I don’t care that you already responded to this claim
Doesn’t mean you’re right

And for the record when your QB on any team goes down your season is pretty much done except if you’re Jeff Hostetler
Only thing that we agree on

I don't dissect plays like some on this do, but do you think the reliance on one WR is not on the QB and less on the play caller? How about tua making an audible if he sees something from the defense? Not sure if Tua has that liberty, but with his experience I'd think he is more than capable.
Agreed in most cases
We don’t know if it’s Tua
But I think it’s designed to get the ball to Tyreek almost no matter what
When Tyreek went down that one game it was all Waddle
It seems to go to one WR only and everyone is an afterthought

Feels to me like most of the stuff people complain about are side effects of roster construction. Things that either can't be changed effectively or would affect the big picture negatively.

Its all about scoring points in the end and there are many ways to go about it, all of which have pros and cons. There are no perfect offense.

How is it confusing to anyone that a team built around extreme speed is not very good at converting 3rd/4th and shorts? Side effect, and a very manageable at that because the team makes enough explosive plays that they run into those and shorts alot less than average. And big picture, still manage to score at a top 5 rate.

Again, there are no perfect offenses and when speaking of things you'd like to change, always keep in mind how it would affect the overall picture because when it comes to the Fins offense, the big picture is very very good.

Quick note on the "can't beat the good teams" narrative. Most of those games last season were on the road. The win expectation isnt high to begin with. Would've been nice to steal 1 or 2 but thats not what crushed the season. The 3 minutes meltdiwn vs a not good team is what really ****ed the Fins.

I can accept the BALT loss much easier than KC/TEN/BUF and, to an extent, DAL. Miami's high powered top scoring O didn't and much of that was beating themselves.
I don't expect a perfect O, but I expect an O to attempt to improve in areas of weakness. Yes, I'd love a stout run game to convert 3rd and 2, but get frustrated with a talented O, apparently, with the only two options being a pass behind LOS or an intermediate pass. Those repeated failures can be annoying.
Admittedly, I love the passing game, and "big picture" I love the O. Maybe I'm playing word games, but I don't want to change the philosophy nor much of the talent excluding OL, but I think it's legitimate to want that talent and philosophy used to it's upper limits. It wasn't.

I don’t care that you already responded to this claim
Doesn’t mean you’re right

And for the record when your QB on any team goes down your season is pretty much done except if you’re Jeff Hostetler
Only thing that we agree on
1715014715866.png

Sorry, pretty sure I was right on this one. I don't think Grant/Finley on O and Barnett/Burnett is even comparable to the injuries the Fins dealt with no matter how many times you say the Packers won the superbowl with so many injuries (lmao, yeah those injuries were wild!) . You can continue to scream at the clouds that injuries don't mean anything and expectations shouldn't change based on those injuries, it doesn't mean you're right.

Let me phrase it this way, if we went into the season last year with the starting defense that played the playoff game and our starting lineman going into the season were the 5 offensive lineman that played the most snaps last year (Lamm, Cotton, Eichenberg, Hunt, Jackson), would you have had the same expectations for the 2023 season as you did with our actual starters?

If your answer to the above question is no you wouldn't have expected that lineup to be as competitive as the actual 2023 starting lineup heading into the year, then injuries do in fact matter.

How many seasons did NE start out poorly but end up in the SB?
I hated that! Miami would beat Brady and the Pats early in the season and I'd think that they had a chance to finally retake the Division Title. But, Miami always choked late in the season while NE got better.

Now, Brady and the Hoodie are gone, and the Pats are currently not a threat. However, even with tons of talent (except for the o-line), Miami is still starting out great and choking at the end of the year when the games really matter. I'm getting really tired of this! And, they still can't win the Division; they let the Bills own it.

Nah man.

“How is it confusing to anyone that a team built on speed is not good at 3rd and short and 4th and short”

Well considering we threw the ball the 2nd most in the NFL in those situations, that’s a play calling situation.

Considering that Mostert had a 85-90% success rate running the ball in those same situations but yet we continued to throw…

That’s a play calling situation.

It’s weird that people don’t remember how PECULIAR it was that we threw on 3rd/4th and short *so* often.

And if someone cites “injuries to the OL” as a retort we will continue this vicious cycle of stupidity and literally speaking in circles.

Speaking for yourself, I presume. LMAO

You wanna keep crying about the injuries be my guest. To me it only made a difference by the last game when we lost all four pass rushers. But posters here crying and bitching about injuries as soon as Wynn went down. Chronic bitching. Next man up and move on. Oh, by the way, we’re gonna be loaded with injuries this year along with 31 other teams. Start the excuse now, might as well right? We’re starting the season without Phillips and Chubb, so if we lose our first game this will be the reason 😂
Talking about the injuries to key players and how it factored into the outcome is not crying. It is stating facts. Even you admit it when you said "I never said though that the injury bug didn’t have an affect on the season, it did." Yet if anyone else says something similar you accuse them of crying about the injuries. Yes, every team has some of their players get injured every year, but what matters is whether or not they are among the top starters, middling starters, or backups/STers. Those never get distributed evenly. To say as much is not crying. It is not having your head buried in the sand and stating the obvious.

View attachment 170158

Sorry, pretty sure I was right on this one. I don't think Grant/Finley on O and Barnett/Burnett is even comparable to the injuries the Fins dealt with no matter how many times you say the Packers won the superbowl with so many injuries (lmao, yeah those injuries were wild!) . You can continue to scream at the clouds that injuries don't mean anything and expectations shouldn't change based on those injuries, it doesn't mean you're right.

Let me phrase it this way, if we went into the season last year with the starting defense that played the playoff game and our starting lineman going into the season were the 5 offensive lineman that played the most snaps last year (Lamm, Cotton, Eichenberg, Hunt, Jackson), would you have had the same expectations for the 2023 season as you did with our actual starters?

If your answer to the above question is no you wouldn't have expected that lineup to be as competitive as the actual 2023 starting lineup heading into the year, then injuries do in fact matter.
I don’t play the what if game. It’s unrealistic because no one is that healthy all season long. So the point you are trying to make is a moot point.

Talking about the injuries to key players and how it factored into the outcome is not crying. It is stating facts. Even you admit it when you said "I never said though that the injury bug didn’t have an affect on the season, it did." Yet if anyone else says something similar you accuse them of crying about the injuries. Yes, every team has some of their players get injured every year, but what matters is whether or not they are among the top starters, middling starters, or backups/STers. Those never get distributed evenly. To say as much is not crying. It is not having your head buried in the sand and stating the obvious.
We’re never gonna be healthy going down the stretch and into the playoffs. No team is ever that healthy. Fans are unrealistic about hoping to stay healthy, it doesn’t happen. You just hope your QB stays healthy.
You guys next offseason are still gonna be crying about the injuries we suffered in 2024 and we’ll be having this same conversation. Put it on your calendar

The successful teams find a way to battle through it and it’s that simple

I never said though that the injury bug didn’t have an affect on the season, it did.
I just hate when football fans use it as an excuse and hang their hat on that excuse. Those fans sound like crying infants
We blew games when we were reasonably healthy, we were an overrated offense and a D that choked when it mattered. Not to mention bad play calling two years in a row
It's not like their whining about 1 or 2 players though. It was damn near half the starting roster. That's pretty significant.

I know you're stating your opinion based on your organized football experience, but 100% guarantee there's a vast difference between NFL starters vs. NFL backups, and starters in your bush league vs. bush league backups.

Last edited:
It's not like their whining about 1 or 2 players though. It was damn near half the starting roster. That's pretty significant.

I know you're stating your opinion based on your organized football experience, but 100% guarantee there's a vast difference between NFL starters vs. NFL backups, and starters in your bush league vs. bush league backups.
Ignorant comment at best.

Back
Top Bottom