Dolphins own 28 out of 32 teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins own 28 out of 32 teams

The way to get your team to the big dance has changed over the years too. When FA started teams went hog wild and got into cap trouble and it rarely worked....now, NE has shown that the best way to get there is to be prudent in FA, draft welll and develop your system to your players abilities. (Kinda like what Shoes did for years, w/o the benefit of FA)...It can be done, but there are going to be "good" teams like the Fins, 49ers, Packers, more recently the Rams, Eagles, and Bucs, that are good for the most part year in and year out....but only one team will go all the way each year.... So, no, I don't want to go 3-13, just to get a good draft...

still nice to know that Miami owns most of the NFL

I like the fact that we have a winning tradition, however its time to win the big one. even if it means we have a few losing season.

Even if we were to sacrifice a season to have a great draft pick we would still need to capitilize on those picks. When was the last time we made the most of our draft picks (hopefully excluding this year). We probably would have been the team that drafted Cade Mcnown or someone. I'll take our stellar history and going to this years superbowl just fine.

RICKYSABEAST said:
With the exception of Giants, 49ers, Raiders and Texans (sigh) we have a winning record over every team of the NFL! I just noticed that! Wow! We're tied with the Jets.

Wow, very impressive.

And when was the last time the Phins made the playoffs or won a Super Bowl? :roflmao:

PatsFanTX said:
Wow, very impressive.

And when was the last time the Phins made the playoffs or won a Super Bowl? :roflmao:

I think that issue was already discissed at length.

If you only want to talk smack, take it to the appropriate forum.
If you have something of value to contribute, feel free to do so here, otherwise, you'll find your posts moved... if it continues, you'll find yourself outside looking in.

I agree 100% with you, I rather wear my Williams jersey and know that my team has not had a losing record in over 10 years, but at the same time I would like Miami to win a superbowl, before I die or my pops (he is a Cowboy fan). I got to get some bragging rights on him, other than the *** whooping we laid down on Thanksgiving day. He came back that same day and told me and I quote " That game dosen't mean Sh*t unless they win the BIG game". <sigh> that brought my high back down to earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Pats fan I can say that the losing years were very tough. But now that the Pats have won 2 Superbowls recently they were worth it. Nobody remembers if you had winning seasons, but they sure remember Superbowl victories.

It's too bad really. I mean the Dolphins win consistently every year but all anyone can say is that they will fail in December as usual. I am not one of those people but most are.

I have a feeling the Dolphins will put it all together one day soon and win a Superbowl again.

the Fins were stockpiling those records while "Staying Alive" was #1 on the charts...still, an impressive decade for them nonetheless

I would take 5 losing seasons to see one Super Bowl victory. I have been alive for 2 super bowl losses, and for countless winning seasons, but all I want before I die is to see at least 1 super bowl victory.

I for one am proud to have a team that is always having a winning season, but I would gladdly give up a few years to make it and win the big game.

I'm a relatively young Fins fan and I haven't seen the fins in a title game (championship or sb) so far. Reading all these postings has made me realize that I might never see the fins win the big one...please God, don't let it be so... :shakeno:

Pericles349 said:
I'm a relatively young Fins fan and I haven't seen the fins in a title game (championship or sb) so far. Reading all these postings has made me realize that I might never see the fins win the big one...please God, don't let it be so... :shakeno:

Ditto :mad:

Back
Top Bottom